Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So can anyone explain to me why for some reason, before today when I had a complete collection, that I'm now "missing" copies of Focused Will, Vanessa VanCleef, and Bloodsail Deckhand, all cards I *know* I had that I now do not?

I know they were moved to the Legacy set, but I owned them before that happened, and now I don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Played a few games of amalgam BRnR warrior and it seems decent at the very least. One of the games I lost was because I had a horrible draw.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Farting around in casual with core decks today to figure out what I want to play next. Just encountered a Warlock with Jailer into New Minion that Swaps Decks. So that's gonna be a fun thing to watch out for.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So can anyone explain to me why for some reason, before today when I had a complete collection, that I'm now "missing" copies of Focused Will, Vanessa VanCleef, and Bloodsail Deckhand, all cards I *know* I had that I now do not?

I know they were moved to the Legacy set, but I owned them before that happened, and now I don't.

They were Core cards, which are “rented” to players at the start of the year

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RatHat posted:

They were Core cards, which are “rented” to players at the start of the year

Ah. So the reason is :jerkbag:.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
yes. you jerked off too much and they took them away

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Ah. So the reason is :jerkbag:.

I mean it's a pretty good deal, you get a ton of cards on loan for free

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

went 19-5 with this list I stole off vicious syndicate before I got bored and switched decks

### aggro
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Shambling Chow
# 2x (1) Vicious Slitherspear
# 2x (2) Bibliomite
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Wayward Sage
# 1x (3) Lady S'theno
# 2x (3) Magnifying Glaive
# 2x (3) Predation
# 2x (3) Rowdy Fan
# 1x (4) Kayn Sunfury
# 1x (4) Metamorphosis
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) Sightless Magistrate
#
AAECAbn5AwT7vwSU1AT0yAWongYN0p8EiLIEmLoE+b8EntQEpeIEq+IExuIEve0EjaUF2tAF4fgF0J4GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

now trying handbuff BBU dk, which is not nearly as good but I want to make it work anyway. also gonna do menagerie warrior later since I opened golden voone (right after I got bolf ramshield)

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

aggro decks in general always dominate early metas before lists get refined

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Trip report: Played about ten games with the Hero Power Druid that Vicious Syndicate theorycrafted.

My initial impression is that the ramp is not good in the deck. Against pretty much every deck I played, you don’t have time to take an early turn off to play Wild Growth or Nourish, and with Guff gone they feel like much worse late-game draws.

I do like the Hero Power package; it’s pretty consistent thanks to Peaceful Piper and can do a lot of work for you. And the late game packages of Underking/Zok to help you stabilize and Jailer/Tony to lock out control feel pretty solid. What I really want are some minions that can help you fight for board and buy time against decks that are curving out — I often felt like I could have turned the corner and won if I’d managed my opponent’s minions a little better. I’m honestly wondering if Audio Medic or Tar Creeper might be good additions. This is where the loss of Scale of Onyxia and Spammy Arcanist really hurts.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Excelzior posted:

aggro decks in general always dominate early metas before lists get refined

hilarious that the game is just aggro lock bots now.

Navaash
Aug 15, 2001

FEED ME

gently caress, I am doing badly with Outcast DH. 3-10 with the only wins coming against a rogue and 2 druids (a third druid got both attack-increasing idiots in the opening hand and I was dead on 7, and the fourth druid I just alt-F4'ed out of the game in disgust after they summoned two 3/33 quilboars).

Is there just too much that can go wrong? Either I draw S'theno/Rowdy Fan too early or I get low-cost Outcast cards just jammed between my highest-cost cards, or the opponent just draws the nuts.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I'm running an outcast DH that's more about pumping up the board's attack with Helvetica Darkraven for the finisher. I wasn't running enough spells for S'theno to punch through the minions on board so I dropped her, I've got Kayn instead because he has charge but that's probably going to be dropped too. If they leave even 2-3 low attack minions on board you can easily pump them up to 20-30 damage. It's kinda like a combo deck where you bank the Wayward Sage discounts on Helvetica and Security, except you're dumping out enough damage from random Outcast cards I barely need her some matches.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm running VS's Arcane Mage because I love filling up my hand with random bullshit spells

### Lightshow Arcane Mage
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Wyrm
# 2x (1) Suspicious Alchemist
# 2x (2) Cosmic Keyboard
# 2x (2) Hipster
# 2x (2) Prismatic Elemental
# 2x (2) Rewind
# 2x (2) Solid Alibi
# 2x (3) Arcsplitter
# 2x (3) Audio Splitter
# 2x (3) Lightshow
# 2x (3) Silvermoon Arcanist
# 1x (4) Commander Sivara
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Volume Up
# 1x (5) Aegwynn, the Guardian
# 1x (5) Vexallus
# 1x (9) Grand Magister Rommath
#
AAECAaXDAwSL5wOp3gSjkAWmkwUNlrcE2tAEyt4ExZMFqpgFq5gFnaQFgMIFpsMF4MMF6MUF1c4F0PgFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

kater
Nov 16, 2010

big hunter is pretttttttty money.

i haven't even played a legendary, just coasting off of Banjosaur and Big Dreams. A spell that can actually work with Twinbow Terrorcoil and not be weird about it feels so good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol for some reason it didn't click for me that Barrel of Monkeys would summon Silverback Patriarch..... made me smile to see the little guy

Context
Sep 11, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

I'm running VS's Arcane Mage because I love filling up my hand with random bullshit spells

Me too, but it's not working out. I never have enough hand space to cast Volume Up, and the tempo loss is hard to catch up from anyway (Seems I rarely get the weapon equipped before casting it)

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Context posted:

Me too, but it's not working out. I never have enough hand space to cast Volume Up, and the tempo loss is hard to catch up from anyway (Seems I rarely get the weapon equipped before casting it)

I feel like the bones of a good deck are in there somewhere. The games where you can cast five or six Lightshows are a lot of fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Outcast DH has been working well for me so far, just hit legend with it. I don’t think rowdy fan/s’theno is the way to go, I think just Stheno is good enough and then Helvetica can hold it down as your main win condition

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I got Kangor in my packs, went 5-0 with Big/Dancing Paladin at Diamond 8-5
Clearly this means it is 100% the meta everyone rush out to craft Kangor right now go go go

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
If you didn't open any good cards, chances are you can still build the new Pirate Rogue deck from VS. Very fast and feasting on new experimental decks as you'd expect on Day 1.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

peer posted:

this kind of value probably won't be winning games a month from now but it feels pretty good day 1

Yeah I've been running a hand buff DK with this and it's fun but I'm not sure how it'll look when a real meta shows up.

### handbuff thing
# Class: Death Knight
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Blood Tap
# 2x (2) Party Animal
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 2x (3) Harmonic Metal
# 2x (3) Snapdragon
# 2x (3) Twin-fin Fin Twin
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 1x (4) Pozzik, Audio Engineer
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
#
AAECAc38BQaqigSW1ATNpQWvwwX0yAXY9gUM1bIElrcEssEEnMcEu84EkuQEmPYEs/cElaoFlMoF4s0F054GAAA=
#

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

This is my first expansion back since 2018, so of course the only legendary I've opened is the worst one for the worst class (Voone)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Tarnop posted:

This is my first expansion back since 2018, so of course the only legendary I've opened is the worst one for the worst class (Voone)

I got him as a signature card. Did pretty well out of my packs at least in addition, got a golden legendary as well so that's not too bad.

Went ahead and crafted the Warlock legendary spell since it looks pretty fun, gonna hold off on crafting anything else though.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I was really lucky with my openings, got all but 2 legendaries, both of which I managed to redeem since I rerolled the priest legendary and got my free one on the rewards track. Don't think I've 100%'d a set collection on the first day.

Been enjoying hero power druid. I don't think it's going to be a good deck though, it folds badly to decks that place pressure on the board early and I don't think Druid has the tools to deal with that if it's going all in on hero power stuff. It's fun, but I doubt it's a high tier deck.

E: of course this is standard I'm talking about, highly doubt it'll have any impact on wild

Gwaint fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 12, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Still pretty early but I think Demon Hunter may be the first class eating a nerf this expansion

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Got super lucky with legendaries from my saved up packs and gold, including One Amalgam Band, Cage Head, Starlight Groove, golden Bounce Around signature Fogsnout, and a few others.

Just got to work out what to make.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
From my preorder and a set of 50 packs via gold, my son opened 3 signature legendaries. 1 golden legendary, and about 6 regular legendaries. I opened 50 more from gold by myself and got... 1 regular legendary.

Big Beast and Mister Mukla seem amazing so far.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Got to live Day 1 dream of Hedanis into 3 pings to face for lethal after Pure Paladin did their post-Countess pop off, so now I can retire Overheal deck after 1 game for good since that won't be topped.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Seem to have gotten a lot of Warlock cards from the 5 packs I had saved up and the handful of others I bought yesterday. Might have to see what I can make with it. Right now just farting around with my hunter deck and seeing what I can do with it but I don't have any of the big deal cards from this expansion yet.

I'm guessing it'll be a while before they release one for FoL? Randomly bought the Nathria one in the mean time to give myself more options.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm guessing it'll be a while before they release one for FoL? Randomly bought the Nathria one in the mean time to give myself more options.

A miniset, you mean? Probably not until June.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
17-4 with this unoptimised menagerie warrior so far

### diversity in music
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Click-Clocker
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 1x (1) Razorfen Rockstar
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Party Animal
# 2x (2) Roaring Applause
# 2x (2) Stereo Totem
# 2x (2) Woodcutter's Axe
# 2x (3) Bronze Gatekeeper
# 2x (3) Gorillabot A-3
# 2x (3) Power Slider
# 1x (4) Rock Master Voone
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (4) The Black Knight
# 1x (5) Drum Soloist
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
#
AAECAZ+rBAaCrQWvwwXwzQWo4AXY9gXJngYM4bUElrcEssEElKQFlaoFrcMF4s0F1tAFtNEFxp4Gx54Gy54GAAA=
#

totems, black knight and razorfen rockstar are probably the first to go if i come up with good replacements. meanwhile power slider, one-amalgam band and good old amalgam of the deep are the all-stars of the deck

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was excited that I got the Tony+Jailer combo(in that order) then realized the problem with that...

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

RatHat posted:

Was excited that I got the Tony+Jailer combo(in that order) then realized the problem with that...

This is actually the way you want to do it against decks that can clear a board of immune minions (Priest, Blood DK, some Warriors or Warlocks). If they clear the board, you get your deck back and they immediately start taking fatigue. If they don’t, they’re facing down your board.

You do want it in the other order against everything else though.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

bravesword posted:

A miniset, you mean? Probably not until June.

That's what I meant yeah. Guess I'm just gonna play kludged together bullshit for a while.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
### Stab face
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (1) Deadly Poison
# 2x (1) Doomerang
# 1x (1) Kingsbane
# 2x (1) Leeching Poison
# 2x (1) Paralytic Poison
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Silverleaf Poison
# 2x (2) Blade Flurry
# 2x (2) Cavern Shinyfinder
# 2x (2) Harmonic Hip Hop
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (3) Mic Drop
# 2x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 2x (4) Tinker's Sharpsword Oil
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAEBAaIHArvvAsygBQ6oCK8Qqc0Csc4C5dECqssD99QDqesDrOsDkp8EjbUE07IF2sMFuMUFAAA=
#

Lol kingsbane is going to eat a nerf

i'm not even sure this is optimised yet

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

bravesword posted:

This is actually the way you want to do it against decks that can clear a board of immune minions (Priest, Blood DK, some Warriors or Warlocks). If they clear the board, you get your deck back and they immediately start taking fatigue. If they don’t, they’re facing down your board.

You do want it in the other order against everything else though.

Yeah unfortunately it was against Druid, who can’t do much against Jailer.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RatHat posted:

That’s why Druid does Tony Jailer then Smothering Starfish to swap the decks back

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol who knows if it has staying power but the novelty of playing "Handbuff menagerie Death Knight" is a lot of fun; I'd have thought that was like an AI-generated deck name a few months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Druid doesn't care too much about getting your deck back because your deck is basically useless for the opponent at that point.