Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i cna fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
ice cold in the cup

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

a subforum consisting of one massive protean hellthread and one stewie griffin politics thread

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasn't doobies stuff looped into the hellthread too? i don't think that works unless it's a honeypot and everyone who posts there gets banned

iirc almost all of the superstars from there are banned

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Valentin posted:

a subforum consisting of one massive protean hellthread and one stewie griffin politics thread

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

i dont think containment threads work becuase they allow the problem to fester and get worse

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont think containment threads work becuase they allow the problem to fester and get worse

well the point is to contain, not to rehabilitate

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I've never been clear on what the Doobie threads were talking about after a certain point, but I think I might be okay not knowing

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Antivehicular posted:

I've never been clear on what the Doobie threads were talking about after a certain point, but I think I might be okay not knowing

as someone who followed them for several years since the saga was right before my time and seemed funny to read about for a while, it ultimately became either A. "hey remember when Doobie said X" followed by thirty people giggling, or B. someone soypointing and going "LOOK!! LOOK AT THIS FACEBOOK POST FROM 2012 I FOUND WHERE HE MISSPELLS ALABAMA!! I NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE OMG :hmbol:"

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

anyway my plan to fix cspam is to do that but for every thread which consists of posting hilarious tweets of epic fail people.

godspeed, Feels Villeneuve

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fire Emblem is bullshit!!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Fire Emblem is bullshit!!!

Actually Fire Emblem is win, because I just sold a limited edition version of Fire Emblem Fates for six times what i paid for it, because the video game collectors market is absolutely stupid.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

symbolic posted:

well the point is to contain, not to rehabilitate

They don't do that either

'Containment' areas are literally just creating a specific space where a topic is welcome and encourage its discussion

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

What containment threads contain is actually all the posts for us to laugh at

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
impatient sagas addicts standing around sick, exhausted threads poking them with sticks, ribs protruding. already gone through the march harvest. meltdown may is 20 days out. lost 5,000 impo coins tonight. not gonna loving make it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Metis of the Hallway posted:

What containment threads contain is actually all the posts for us to laugh at

my friend, this site is just a single, huge containment thread.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

i am bummed these happen at times when i fast asleep (ala jeffery) in my european mole hole, like this:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i am bummed these happen at times when i fast asleep (ala jeffery) in my european mole hole, like this:

that just means you get to watch them for the first time after they get the music added

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

that just means you get to watch them for the first time after they get the music added

i know, but i miss the thrill of the arena, the roar of the crowd, the spectacle, the brutal combat of the izcrew in all of its glory.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Antivehicular posted:

symbolic posted:

as someone who followed them for several years since the saga was right before my time and seemed funny to read about for a while, it ultimately became either A. "hey remember when Doobie said X" followed by thirty people giggling, or B. someone soypointing and going "LOOK!! LOOK AT THIS FACEBOOK POST FROM 2012 I FOUND WHERE HE MISSPELLS ALABAMA!! I NEVER SAW THIS BEFORE OMG :hmbol:"

Same, I wasn't here for the Doobie saga. I liked the thread generated content, like the Doobie song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNA51abv8lw), "Tasha"'s diss track of A Star War Beta Max (https://www.smule.com/recording/69-boyz-tootsee-roll/266723217_71210958) and stuff like this:

The Facebook stalking of Claude and Tasha was and is not good.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

idgi

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i think it looks like the eight year megathread or whatever has produced two amusing images if you're in on the context, and a song

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

HazCat posted:

I'm at work so I can't grab quotes

i'm your boss, watching you write paragraphs about how jokes are funny but bad, sighing deeply as you type this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i think it looks like the eight year megathread or whatever has produced two amusing images if you're in on the context, and a song

lol this

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm not convinced goons have ever produced funny music aside from Pieces of Hate and TLO Roll Call, and those were by the same guy

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Antivehicular posted:

I'm not convinced goons have ever produced funny music aside from Pieces of Hate and TLO Roll Call, and those were by the same guy

Ho Ho Ho, It's Christmas Time is a classic

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Antivehicular posted:

Lowtax's ditty about pipebomb was funny in the dumb way most early forums stuff was.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

amusing is a stretch but yeah

Antivehicular posted:

I'm sure there were other professionals that posted on SA but why make a song?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

sweet geek swag posted:

Ho Ho Ho, It's Christmas Time is a classic

The Christmas music threads have produced a lot of good stuff over the years. Many of the songs have insinuated themselves into our holiday tradition, my partner agrees that Christmas isn't Christmas without Taco Bell Christmas and Ho Ho Ho It's Christmas Time Extended Version.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Saving SA one thread at a time

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Antivehicular posted:

https://satellitehigh.bandcamp.com/album/the-cinema-verite-of-thievin-stealberg

I like them boobs, I like to see boobs :boobeer:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

NoiseAnnoys posted:

this looks cozy as gently caress goddamn

if this is the mole hole jeffrey goes to sleep in I'm afraid I don't blame him

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

The eve echoes goons made some pretty funny musical parodies a couple years ago

Also niel cicerega was a goon when he made ultimate showdown so that probably counts

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
kompressor was a pretty good kmfdm parody.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

There was the goon who got zonked out on Ambien (?) and later found a song about owls on his computer that he had recorded without himself remembering anything about it. Does someone still have a link?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

sudden flashbacks to the BYOB reggae

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ms_S3sd5JzU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Is there a worthwhile story behind ladd's autoban tendencies or should it just be left alone?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Metis of the Hallway posted:

Actually Fire Emblem is win, because I just sold a limited edition version of Fire Emblem Fates for six times what i paid for it, because the video game collectors market is absolutely stupid.

lol I think I have that exact collector’s edition with my 3DS stuff. I had the collector’s edition of Three Houses too, but it got lost in a move and I’m still salty about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Someone is really dedicated:

ladd posted:

Ban me

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

ladd posted:

ban me

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

ladd posted: