Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

someone post the "what are you, chinese?" chip bok response, I forgot how it goes

https://bokbluster.com/2015/02/28/net-neutrality-2/#comment-112895
https://www.techdirt.com/2015/03/09/cartoonist-has-no-idea-how-fair-use-works/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Guavanaut posted:

Presidential Arraignment*

*Latest Fad

:five:

I'm partial to the angels labeled "angels."

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"What's Stigmata Here"
The bible should be upside down.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

I agree, Trump filled Reagan's shoes for Worst President.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

it's a literal tu quoque, so, yeah.

I don't think it is because they didn't draw Tik Tok spying on anyone.

Like you could draw a cartoon of a priest creeping on a child while pointing at an LGBT couple and screaming that they're a danger to children, in fact I think I've seen that exact cartoon and while it does call out the hypocrisy of the priest, it obviously isn't an admission that LGBT parents are child molesters.

That China Daily cartoon seems to just be saying the US government are the real spies, there's no admission there that China is spying.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 11, 2023

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
It's ok for a political cartoon to point out the absurdity of the US government accusing anyone else of spying on people.

We should laugh at the idea that censoring TikTok is based on genuine concerns by the US government about spying. It's complete nonsense.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Even if they are (and I think they probably are, at least to the same extent as Facebook because it's just profitable to do that), the logical solution would be digital privacy legislation to prevent websites and apps from collecting and keeping data users' data, not just Tik Tok. Banning one social media app doesn't solve the problem.

But wow weird, congress doesn't have any interest in that, isn't that strange???

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The comic with the sex symbols even fails with Where It Started, what with folks born intersex and ancient traditions around castration

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Shadow Attorney-General Julian Leeser quits Liberal frontbench to support Voice to Parliament (ABC). Leeser was also the Shadow Indigenous Australians minister. On the floor is Ken Wyatt, the previous Indigenous Australians Minister who has quit the Liberal party altogether. With Dutton is Sussan Ley the Deputy Liberal leader.

Rowe:

Julian Leeser, Peter Dutton and David Littleproud (leader of the Nationals).

Spooner:

Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus with Albanese. Julian Leeser isn't happy that the proposed changes to the constitution allow representations to parliament and the executive but will still support the Voice even with that clause. Leeser praised by Labor but his changes to Indigenous voice model likely to be ignored (Guardian).

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"What's Stigmata Here"
Why is Ron Jeremy there?

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Wow, that's something special. The art's ugly, there's no effort put into its creation, it carries water for actual fascists, and it wedges in anti-woman and anti-trans dogwhistles, and tries to shield itself by crying 'free speech' while at the same time making a joke about trigger warnings, that thing people sometimes freely choose to put into their speech. It's easy to overlook it because it's built in a way to look just bland, but the more I look at it, the worse it gets. The only thing it doesn't quite hit for a blackout bingo is... racism, I guess.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Blind Duke posted:

The comic with the sex symbols even fails with Where It Started, what with folks born intersex and ancient traditions around castration

Ahem, I believe you will find the Bibble says MALE and FEMALE :smug:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i know it's been said many times but jesus christ political cartooning is easy
"i want all bad things and am a monster!"
\
O
[your political enemy]

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 11, 2023

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

Mike Peters

Adam Zyglis - Thinking and Praying

Dave Granlund

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

idonotlikepeas posted:

Dave Granlund

There's only one record that matters, and it's not your regular season one

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Murdstone posted:

Why is Ron Jeremy there?

Maybe a Stormy Daniels connection?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Dang that one hits hard

Kellies Nomination : Best Overall

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

HootTheOwl posted:

There's only one record that matters, and it's not your regular season one

If definitely matters if they win the championship, because then they can claim to be the best team of all time.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So long, gay Bowser.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Pants Donkey posted:

So long, gay Bowser.

This one is funny because almost instantly after it came out the alt-right started making GBS threads on it because Peach was a girlboss and Bowser was a simp.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Lareine posted:

This one is funny because almost instantly after it came out the alt-right started making GBS threads on it because Peach was a girlboss and Bowser was a simp.

But then it was very successful opening weekend, so they had to do a 180 on that, because you can't have a movie go woke and not go broke

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How the gently caress do you reach a point where you're watching a CG mario going BING BING WAHOO and thinking "oh yeah, take that lefties"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Pants Donkey posted:

So long, gay Bowser.

What? How? Why? This one is just baffling.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
The Koopalings arguably are non-cishet, you can tell from their hair styles. I have learned this much from politoons!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Because if stars Chris Pratt whom conservatives believe was canceled for being a good Christian boy.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Cruci-fiction

Wrap it up atheists, you've been outmatched

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

A few big budget Disney and other caped poo poo films have lost a bunch of money because "woke poo poo", Mario not woke made a fuckton according to some alt right youtubers.

If that doesn't make sense, correct! It doesnt!

It's true a few big budget superhero movies lost a boatload of money but it's because they aren't good. Mario isn't great either but it isn't a bad way to spend a few hours, nothing at all to do with woke poo poo apart from some deranged assholes imaginationtryi g to bait for views

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Hold on, Margolis and Cox... it took the sweat of two people to make that?? Man is that lame.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Murdstone posted:

Why is Ron Jeremy there?

I'm guessing that it's because Jeremy was recently involved in a case where he was to stand trial for several decades' worth of sex crimes, until the judge ruled that his dementia made him unfit to stand trial.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: First, Do No Harm to My Legal Status

Ted Rall posted:

Many states with abortion bans point out that those restrictions have exceptions for protecting the life of the mother. In practice, however, doctors believe they have to wait until the mother is actually dying before they can intervene to perform an abortion. There have been several cases where mothers nearly died as a result.

First Dog on the Moon: My journey through acting, cartooning and then back to the stage. Hello the theatre!

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Once again Rall with the worst possible take on the issue. "Blame the doctors." Get hosed, Ted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Skios posted:

Once again Rall with the worst possible take on the issue. "Blame the doctors." Get hosed, Ted.

I don't actually think that's what Rall was going for, but he's completely inept that's still what he wrote.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Skios posted:

Thats not what he's saying. He's blaming the laws that criminalise what would save her life because doctors - probably with some justification - believe they will be legally imperiled and women will die. Have died in the case that caused Ireland to vote out abortion laws

https://theconversation.com/abortion-the-story-of-suffering-and-death-behind-irelands-ban-and-subsequent-legalization-182812

And it *will* happen again.

Rall usually has poo poo opinions. This doesnt look like one of them.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Thats not what he's saying. He's blaming the laws that criminalise what would save her life because doctors - probably with some justification - believe they will be legally imperiled and women will die. Have died in the case that caused Ireland to vote out abortion laws

https://theconversation.com/abortion-the-story-of-suffering-and-death-behind-irelands-ban-and-subsequent-legalization-182812

And it *will* happen again.

Rall usually has poo poo opinions. This doesnt look like one of them.

Rall is often "Right, but for the wrong reasons."

He'll have a good take like "Cops are bastards", but then ruin it by explaining that it's because they were mean to him personally and how it's directly comparable to them murdering a black man.

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Skios posted:

I'm guessing that it's because Jeremy was recently involved in a case where he was to stand trial for several decades' worth of sex crimes, until the judge ruled that his dementia made him unfit to stand trial.

I do appreciate Kelly putting him behind a police barrier.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The most frequently cited "anti-woke" attribute assigned to the Mario movie is that John Leguizamo (who played Luigi in the unloved 1993 SMB live action film) has complained about them reversing the inclusion of the 1993 film to have Luigi's voice actor be white in this one. This is a cause championed nearly exclusively by John Leguizamo.

Using diversity of casting as a sole metric, the 2023 version is somewhat more 'woke' than the 1993 version, a film that outside of Luigi and two other supporting characters (Bertha and one named kidnapping victim are white. SMB

2023 is still pretty white, but has at least five credited characters performed by people of color, including Keegan Michael-Key as Toad, replacing Mojo Nixon in the role. All of this is kind of silly, but Leguizamo has made a few tweets about boycotting the movie because Luigi is white, so that's led to the ANTI-WOKE BASED MARIO hooting and hollering expressed in this cartoon.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

How it started: a homonculus squatting inside a cell, operating it from within
How it's going: all sorts of squiggly nonsense "organelles"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Pants Donkey posted:

So long, gay Bowser.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Overall

The cognitive dissonance of these people is amazing. There were people claiming the movie was "woke" because Peach wasn't a damsel in distress the whole movie, but now suddenly it's anti-woke because reasons.