Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Ana K. Rowling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

Football coach coaches soccer

Sometimes

Well, like a fifth of the episodes

Exactly, much less soccer than advertised, all interpersonal drama between people I don't like and don't care about

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

loquacius posted:

Mitt Romney likes Ted Lasso too and used it for a weird couples costume thing with Krysten Sinema

Also it has no jokes so I'm not sure what's funny about it
liberals don't want to laugh; they prefer a sensible chuckle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Succession characters are intentionally unlikable and I like them more than Ted Lasso characters because at least they're funny

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
I don't like Ted Lasso because I don't like Apple products

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Necrobama posted:

I don't like Ted Lasso because I don't like Apple products

Severance is good though

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

loquacius posted:

Exactly, much less soccer than advertised, all interpersonal drama between people I don't like and don't care about

Prickly British people won over by American goofball is a classic comedy premise, but it only works in movie format where it stops existing after the premise is fulfilled. It doesn't keep lurching on for 30 more episodes.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Prickly British people won over by American goofball is a classic comedy premise, but it only works in movie format where it stops existing after the premise is fulfilled. It doesn't keep lurching on for 30 more episodes.

No one was ready for movie based off 30 second football ad, but they were for a tv show

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

:chaostrump:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1645956128763953152

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

lmao. :smugdon:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

he's still loving got it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He says what we're all thinking!

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i've never seen tucker this happy.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Dems all doing the tiktok egirl dance

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sy Hersh vindicated

many such cases

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I legit don't know what to think if the maga right turns out to be legitimately better than the Dems on foreign policy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

I legit don't know what to think if the maga right turns out to be legitimately better than the Dems on foreign policy

pretty sure they are isolationist, which is already better than the dems

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeah it's doing the right things for the wrong reasons vs. we will support whatever war the TV tells us to.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

the replies to this are insane

no poo poo it wasn’t Russia, that was that was a critical source of income. don’t try and say that to the people in the replies

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

no poo poo it wasn’t Russia, that was that was a critical source of income. don’t try and say that to the people in the replies

their just as insane as the maga the only difference is the insert country they blame

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

They're extremely good at laser-focusing on the problems and hypocrisies in Dem rhetoric, especially wrt militarism, and despite them being horrible nightmare creatures (and also the MAGA right isn't great either, lol) that's not exactly worthless.

How that would translate into actual policy if/when they're fully in power is a different question, though given the example of the Trump administration there'd be some high-visibility peace initiatives/international realignments with no actual net decrease in America's empire-building and military adventurism.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Latest fundraising email from the dems: "We only win when you make it possible" so I guess I know what I must (not) do.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Everyone knows Russia blew up the pipeline. Anyone who says the US did it is spreading misinformation.

*Downloading talking points update patch 1.51424R2*

I can't believe Trump would just divulge a state secret about the US blowing up the pipeline, does he know how many lives he is putting at risk?!?

https://twitter.com/SundaeDivine/status/1645956343130464256?s=20

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

Everyone knows Russia blew up the pipeline. Anyone who says the US did it is spreading misinformation.

I can't believe Trump would just divulge a state secret about the US blowing up the pipeline, does he know how many lives he is putting at risk?!?

https://twitter.com/seldoncrisislog/status/1646093819543187456?s=46&t=TBi_iSImUmzjTxXAKsMEHw

here we see an example of “eventual consistency”

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they didnt apply the patch yet

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

is pepsi ok posted:

lmao at the replies arguing over whether he lied or not, I'm guessing they'll settle on one or the other once MSNBC tells them what to think

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nothus posted:

It's unbearably cheesy and libs not being able to shut the gently caress up about it makes me wish I was dead

:same:
it isn't funny

KomradeX posted:

All that 2017-2020 the Zoomers will destroy opposition and be successful where the Millennials failed was bullshit because I remember the same poo poo being said about Millennials back when I was in high school. Turns out this country is only built on being able to drive people crazy and break their spirits.

It's a total bullshit concept, that people rest upon because it's an easy and meaningless way out instead of actively pursuing uncomfortable solutions.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

:same:
it isn't funny

It's a total bullshit concept, that people rest upon because it's an easy and meaningless way out instead of actively pursuing uncomfortable solutions.

so will the Floyd protests be disillusionment point for zoomers like occupy did for millennials or will there need to be another round?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/ChidiNwatu/status/1645958626866085895?s=20
well maybe but also if we were a normal nation, we wouldn't commit acts of terror like that

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

so will the Floyd protests be disillusionment point for zoomers like occupy did for millennials or will there need to be another round?

people think there's some singular point, but it's really just a slow and muted *crack ping* wherein people lose hope and imagination as the drudgery of american neoliberalism carries on

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

just unironically

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Nichael posted:

https://twitter.com/ChidiNwatu/status/1645958626866085895?s=20
well maybe but also if we were a normal nation, we wouldn't commit acts of terror like that

are they implying that their hat was untruthful

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JrLawrenceG/status/1645956769955344385?s=20
lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

liberals don't want to laugh; they prefer a sensible chuckle

Laughter is an act of violence

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I feel like I saw and heard, with my own eyes and ears, US President Joseph Biden say, in public, "We're gonna blow up that pipeline" and then it happened days later.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

um only americans can hate america.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

RadiRoot posted:

um only americans can hate america.