Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I want to put this in the awesome thread because of the sheer audacity. Just an incredible video from top to bottom :catstare:

https://twitter.com/ass_beaters/status/1645769895517224962?t=kdq8_t-mQXfoenFXrTKVfw&s=19
Where the hell is that? I spent some time in Senegal and The Gambia and last year (one of the poorest countries in the world, apparently) and never seen anything even remotely that sketchy.

mobby_6kl posted:

Then there's the famous guy who shot through his windshield while driving because another rear end in a top hat threw a water bottle at his truck
There, found the video
https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1487492242746925059

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

That's not the only one! I know this keeps getting reposted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylTpBots6Oc

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If the first thing you do is pull out a gun when someone tailgates you, you should probably not ever own a gun

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Applebees Appetizer posted:

If the first thing you do is pull out a gun when someone tailgates you, you should probably DEFINITELY not ever own a gun

FTFY

(Am also an gun owner, these assholes really make great arguments for taking guns away)

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

coupedeville posted:

there is a small shop in my old neighborhood - guy's interest was malaise big bodies on dubs but he struggled over the better part of a year to try and turn a profit. alas he went out of business and over the past month or two the landlord has been dragging parts out to the street to be removed. when i cruised by i saw this bare frame and body just chillin on the curb like a sad puppy looking for a warm garage and a new owner.

Yikes. 1970-72 Olds Cutlass Supreme, I hope it wasn’t a customer’s car. That frame will fit any 68-72 GM 2 door A body and is in high demand.

Edit: 71-72, going by the hood that’s strapped to the roof.

Fornax Disaster fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 11, 2023

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fornax Disaster posted:

hope it wasn’t a customer’s car

coupedeville posted:

over the past month or two the landlord has been dragging parts out to the street to be removed. when i cruised by i saw this bare frame and body just chillin on the curb like a sad puppy looking for a warm garage and a new owner.

I think we know the answer. :cry:

In theory, the owners of the cars should have a claim against the shop owner (which may transfer to the property owner if the shop owner disappeared), but outside of California, most of this stuff will disappear within an hour or two of being moved outside.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

If the first thing you do is pull out a gun when someone tailgates you, you should probably not ever own a gun

But he was coming right at me! :blastu:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

charliemonster42 posted:

FTFY

(Am also an gun owner, these assholes really make great arguments for taking guns away)

Yeah I'm a (multiple) gun owner too and have never considered putting one in my car, but maybe I need to if I'm gonna have idiots like that following me and shooting at me because they feel I slighted them in some way. God forbid I give someone the finger which I do occasionally, I could get murdered cuz I bruised some rear end in a top hat's ego.

That first video was horrible, the way that guy was just shooting out of his windshield uncontrollably he's lucky he didn't kill anyone that had nothing to do with it.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Number_6 posted:

Are there any states where the annual safety inspection includes checks for things like illegal lighting or unauthorized modifications that affect crash safety (like extreme lift kits, bumper modifications, aftermarket brush guards)? All that poo poo should be illegal.

I live in Mass, and yes. Not only do they enforce these things IF they are on the book, but all inspections are recorded on video now so the mechanic can't let stuff slide anymore. I couldn't register my car until I got the tint removed from the front windows because it was too stronk for MA.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Is that fuel or water he's pouring in? I thought it was fuel at first, but that looked like the radiator later.

Pretty sure that's the water for the radiator that the driver is keeping filled using that hosepipe. I did initially recoil in horror thinking it was fuel too but I'm fairly confident it's just lovely looking river water.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Total loss cooling system

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

STR posted:

I think we know the answer. :cry:

In theory, the owners of the cars should have a claim against the shop owner (which may transfer to the property owner if the shop owner disappeared), but outside of California, most of this stuff will disappear within an hour or two of being moved outside.

You are probably right, but my brother actually has the convertible version of this same car that he bought off the back lot of a bodyshop. It was the owner’s personal project and got abandoned after he passed away and his heirs took over. It may be a parts car as it spent too much time outside and is missing a ton of parts.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

mobby_6kl posted:

That's not the first recent incident where kids got shot in road rage btw:

Then there's the famous guy who shot through his windshield while driving because another rear end in a top hat threw a water bottle at his truck

my favorite part about this is him closing his eyes while he fires.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Number_6 posted:

Are there any states where the annual safety inspection includes checks for things like illegal lighting or unauthorized modifications that affect crash safety (like extreme lift kits, bumper modifications, aftermarket brush guards)? All that poo poo should be illegal.

Maybe, but in a lot of states things like the lights are only illegal if you use them on the road, not illegal to have on the vehicle. Because freedom (which I don't disagree with, if anyone would actually enforce the use provision.)

mobby_6kl posted:

A hidden benefit of the midengine layout!

Man, wish I could be that stupid and still have the money to buy a new Corvette.
Actually, maybe just the money.

coupedeville posted:

there is a small shop in my old neighborhood - guy's interest was malaise big bodies on dubs but he struggled over the better part of a year to try and turn a profit. alas he went out of business and over the past month or two the landlord has been dragging parts out to the street to be removed. when i cruised by i saw this bare frame and body just chillin on the curb like a sad puppy looking for a warm garage and a new owner.

!!

That's a '70-72 Cutlass Supreme!
Well, some of one, anyway.

e: f,b:

Fornax Disaster posted:

Yikes. 1970-72 Olds Cutlass Supreme, I hope it wasn’t a customer’s car. That frame will fit any 68-72 GM 2 door A body and is in high demand.

Edit: 71-72, going by the hood that’s strapped to the roof.

The kind of rear end in a top hat who would "brake check" someone, same. Dumb gently caress expended the entire magazine because he "thought the other guy had a gun."
gently caress that guy all around. I hope he got his rear end reamed but good. That's the sort of thing that should get your guns taken away. Makes us responsible gun owners look stupid.

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Yeah, not only is he a lovely person, he's a terrible shooter.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Safety squints because casings and broken glass are flying into his face.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Darchangel posted:

The kind of rear end in a top hat who would "brake check" someone, same. Dumb gently caress expended the entire magazine because he "thought the other guy had a gun."
gently caress that guy all around. I hope he got his rear end reamed but good. That's the sort of thing that should get your guns taken away. Makes us responsible gun owners look stupid.

He got off because of the stand your ground law. I didn't know that law applied to haphazardly firing at whatever is out in front of your windshield but whatever i guess

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Darchangel posted:

lol. Up to 7-10yrs in firearms offences alone here, let alone if you hit anyone.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MetaJew posted:

Safety squints because casings and broken glass are flying into his face.

hmm perhaps thats an indication he shouldnt have done it

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

He got off because of the stand your ground law. I didn't know that law applied to haphazardly firing at whatever is out in front of your windshield but whatever i guess

Forget it Jake, it's Florida.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

That dude had been waiting for an excuse. The time it took to go through all those steps could have been better spent touching his brakes and being elsewhere.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

coupedeville posted:

The only reason that this didn't happen to me was because I ran into another motorhead in the Wawa one fall morning in 1994, and he pulled me up short.

"Yo, Your Fury still down at Angel's shop?"

"Yeah, he's had it for about four months, he's making some progress."

"Well, you better go get it; he was evicted and everything's being tossed"

:stare:

Went down that afternoon & retrieved it after showing my registration. Bastard still owes me two grand.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
One of the linked “shooting through windshield” videos didn’t load so I went to YouTube and searched. I got both of these videos and a million tactical operators explaining the “best” way to shoot through a windshield.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

honda whisperer posted:

That dude had been waiting for an excuse. The time it took to go through all those steps could have been better spent touching his brakes and being elsewhere.

This is also most dash cam videos. The psychology of what happens when people are in cars has always fascinated me, the amount of people who have flipped the gently caress out and actively threatened me as I was cycling is crazy. Literally saying they'll get out and beat the poo poo out of me for merely existing and/or calling them out for being poo poo drivers. Every single one who I put the bike down for and offered them out has stepped out of the car, realised they are no longer safe and flapped it, immediately getting back in. The way the human brain flips to "oh no, not in safe car anymore" is the most amazing thing and I need someone to run studies on it and tell me why.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

david_a posted:

One of the linked “shooting through windshield” videos didn’t load so I went to YouTube and searched. I got both of these videos and a million tactical operators explaining the “best” way to shoot through a windshield.

And now the algorithm is going to send you a million gun nut youtube channels as well as wild PragerU/Jordan Peterson poo poo, because the algorithm is terrible.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

david_a posted:

And now just think how many cases of shootings like this there actually are, considering how few people have dashcams let alone those that record the interior.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

This is also most dash cam videos. The psychology of what happens when people are in cars has always fascinated me, the amount of people who have flipped the gently caress out and actively threatened me as I was cycling is crazy. Literally saying they'll get out and beat the poo poo out of me for merely existing and/or calling them out for being poo poo drivers. Every single one who I put the bike down for and offered them out has stepped out of the car, realised they are no longer safe and flapped it, immediately getting back in. The way the human brain flips to "oh no, not in safe car anymore" is the most amazing thing and I need someone to run studies on it and tell me why.

Another incredible thing is how many people will make the situation more dangerous just to be "right" (they're wrong) instead of just letting the original idiot go, you can find tons of these on https://www.reddit.com/r/IdiotsInCars/

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Olympic Mathlete posted:

It's almost like they think they are still at home behind their keyboard saying poo poo to people they would never say to anyone in person and then ooops :v:

A few months riding a motorcycle will cure that poo poo right up, you'll never feel safe again on the road lol

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I was reading this thread yesterday thinking "oh wow that's a second completely unrelated shoot through your windshield event"

and then I saw this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...88f5f54ee&ei=11

quote:

William Hale, 36, was charged April 6 in Jacksonville with charges that include shooting into a vehicle.

Authorities say Hale drove his pickup truck alongside a sport utility vehicle on U.S. 1 last October and demanded Frank Allison, 44, pull over. Hale's wife reportedly rolled down a window and made an obscene gesture.

After the drivers exchanged words, a water bottle reportedly was thrown from Hale's truck. WTLV-TV reports Allison responded by grabbing a handgun and firing a shot.

That shot hit Hale's 5-year-old daughter, so Hale reportedly fired his own handgun from behind the SUV. Bullets hit the back of Allison's vehicle, wounding his 14-year-old daughter inside.

Prosecutors believe Hale was at fault. WJXT-TV reports he faces three counts of attempted second-degree murder, three counts of aggravated assault and the shooting charge.

Allison originally was charged with attempted murder. But prosecutors have dropped that charge, citing Florida's “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law based on the throwing of the bottle.

cool state, cool country

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also love that as per the precedent this sets, the stand-your-ground law supersedes your responsibility not to kill someone who is DRIVING ANOTHER CAR AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN TRAFFIC.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

It will be even better come July 1 when you don't need a permit to conceal carry

Yes lets encourage every idiot that owns a gun to carry it around for the hell of it, shouldn't cause any problems

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Water bottle -> gun. Yes, this is a logical progression.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
Shoot you through my windshield in cars

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Apr 12, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Also love that as per the precedent this sets, the stand-your-ground law supersedes your responsibility not to kill someone who is DRIVING ANOTHER CAR AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN TRAFFIC.

Or, you know, the 1.8 children that happen to be in the car. Looking forward to more spicy news in July.

lordofthefishes
Mar 30, 2008

01000111 01010010 01000101 01000101 01010100 01001001 01001110 01000111 01010011 00100000 01000110 01000101 01001100 01001100 01001111 01010111 00100000 01000011 01000001 01001110 01000001 01000100 01001001 01000001 01001110 01010011

mobby_6kl posted:

Or, you know, the 1.8 children that happen to be in the car. Looking forward to more spicy news in July.

What happened to the other 0.2 of a child

Seriously man that is so hosed up who removes one fifth and leaves the rest in the car???

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

lordofthefishes posted:

Seriously man that is so hosed up who removes one fifth and leaves the rest in the car???

The 0.2% is gunshot wound tissue.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

lordofthefishes posted:

Constitutionally it's supposed to be 3/5ths. Dude hosed up.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Constitutionally it's supposed to be 3/5ths. Dude hosed up.
They were both white, so no dice here.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/IrkM2uR.mp4

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wrong thread

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

orange juche posted:

Wrong thread

It's awesome, but the fact it's plated is terrible car stuff. How the hell is that allowed on public roads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

holy gently caress are you in the wrong thread with this