Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

they also made a Mana rts for ds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

elf help book posted:

the ds ff12 spinoff no one on earth played

lol I do own this

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vaan constructing pylons and hoarding vespene gas over here

the terran command centre is balthier's airship

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol I do own this

did you play it

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I did. Didn't beat it. I remember you get the bangaa bounty hunter on your team (was chasing Balthier in 12) and they put him in like an electric shock collar to make him cooperate which seemed a bit hosed

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really liked tactics advanced over tactics OG. I played that opening snowball fight a lot lol

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ffta ftmfw. i played that to loving death as a kid

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They hosed up not including this tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-AdtgNnglg

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

Did anybody ever play this.

yes and it's insanely bad. also the 3d remake they put out quietly removes a huge late game plot twist because it was just too stupid and i think that's really funny

in the final dungeon you have a boss rush with a bunch of bosses from ff1-6 and it's revealed that the main antagonist is like some galactic supreme intelligence and all the final fantasy games take place in the same universe, and all the crystals from all the games are data collection units. this entire thing and all like dozen plus boss fights are just completely gone in the 3d version with no mention of it ever existing

absolutely anything fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 13, 2023

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

yes and it's insanely bad. also the 3d remake they put out quietly removes a huge late game plot twist because it was just too stupid and i think that's really funny

in the final dungeon you have a boss rush with a bunch of bosses from ff1-6 and it's revealed that the main antagonist is like some galactic supreme intelligence and all the final fantasy games take place in the same universe, and all the crystals from all the games are data collection units. this entire thing and all like dozen plus boss fights are just completely gone in the 3d version with no mention of it ever existing

Lol now that's some good childhood notebook poo poo.

Working on getting 100% quests in theatrhythm and some of these 10 star "kill boss in 20 seconds and you do half damage" are stumping me. There must be some good boss killer combo out there that I need to figure out, or I just need to level some ppl past 99

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Yea some of the quests are a lot more fiddly than I would expect, I spent a long time on one that required me to kill the boss with thunder damage but even on the highest difficulty it only had enough of the specific triggers to proc one thunder 3/4ths of the way into song, so it was more about creating a team that managed to kill all the other enemies with the right timing to put the weakened boss at the very specific moment where thunder would be cast.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Plebian Parasite posted:

Yea some of the quests are a lot more fiddly than I would expect, I spent a long time on one that required me to kill the boss with thunder damage but even on the highest difficulty it only had enough of the specific triggers to proc one thunder 3/4ths of the way into song, so it was more about creating a team that managed to kill all the other enemies with the right timing to put the weakened boss at the very specific moment where thunder would be cast.

i think those are worded poorly, and you just have to do the elemental damage at some point to the boss, not necessarily the killing blow. the chaos dissidia quest is pretty much impossible without a 99+ team geared specifically for it though

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

In Training posted:

Lol now that's some good childhood notebook poo poo.

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

shoeberto posted:

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

So you're time travelling Christ now?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ive got two theatrhythm quests left and i fear them

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i'm going to play every chrono and xenogears song exactly one time and then shoot my switch execution style

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

i'm going to play every chrono and xenogears song exactly one time and then shoot my switch execution style

i havent logged in in a month and theres gonna be 100 epic new songs waitin when i go back

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my wife has preordered the special edition of ffxvi despite the fact we do not have a ps5. she just interviewed for a casual job with the expressed intent of just putting aside that money to buy one.

She mostly plays bubble bobble rip offs on her phone and has only ever played xv, but completed absolutely everything in it no matter how trivial or annoying.

Looking forward to playing the one ps5 game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

wives rock

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

agreed.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

This

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9whIgbzxrrI

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Shut the gently caress up

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FuSoYa
                        \

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FuSoyA

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

16 looks fun as hell, thank u cbu3

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

holy poo poo lightning returns kicks rear end

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FFXVI looks fully sick :letsgo:

uncreativename
Jul 30, 2013

wow, the first game ever released for the ps5 looks incredible :o

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

FFXVI looks fully sick :letsgo:

yeah I'm very on board with what looks to be like an even more action oriented ff. and there being a new game plus that's like an even harder remix mode sounds awesome

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

if they want to make action games they should make some kind of hollow knight / pizza tower combination instead.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

i think they should make silksong first :grin:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Joey McChrist posted:

holy poo poo lightning returns kicks rear end

gonna play this after i finish ishin and the blood user made map pack. really excited to finish the series and see how it all ends

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm at the combination pizza tower hollow knight.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

welcome posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

welcome posted:

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 27 hours!

welcome posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

welcome posted: