Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They should delay until it has the proper gfx modes imho

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Just delay it ffs

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They learned from Dishonored 1 and Prey they can always get it right on the next console iteration.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Redfail

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's called Redfall because Microsoft will see its profits enter "the red," a business colloquialism indicating a net loss in revenue.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

exquisite tea posted:

It's called Redfall because Microsoft will see its profits enter "the red," a business colloquialism indicating a net loss in revenue.

:golfclap:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

What's the word on RTX, though? If it is in, good. Otherwise...

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

The most powerful console~

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just delay or cancel the Xbox version lol. Thankful this releases on PC the same day.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Worked for Gotham Knights. Right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

univbee posted:

Worked for Gotham Knights. Right?

in all seriousness, it didn't at all. it made no sense considering how basic and empty the gameworld was. Even Cyberpunk 2077, and Hogwarts Legacy have 60fps modes on current-gen consoles.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if we'll ever go back to the days before performance modes and games released as is and people just had to deal with it

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I've never been happier to still not know what the hell Redfall is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Wonder if we'll ever go back to the days before performance modes and games released as is and people just had to deal with it

15fps N64 games are making a comeback, baby!

welcome posted:

It's Far Cry, but with vampires.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

welcome posted:

It’s a game launching between Jedi Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom :mmmhmm:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZeeBoi posted:

It’s a game launching between Jedi Survivor and Tears of the Kingdom :mmmhmm:

Yep, both are games that have gotten far more attention, and all of it is extremely positive for both. I think Bethesda and Xbox are just wanting to push Redfall out at this point and cut their losses. They realized they can't just keep delaying it because at this point the game will take a loss no matter what, and that loss in profits will get bigger the longer its not releasing.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Resident Evil 4 Remake question.
I feel dumb, but where is the best place to shoot the mandible plagas? I've been shooting the base of the neck, but that seems to be using a lot of ammo. Do you shoot them right in the mouth?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
shoot them in their predator mouth when it opens

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

I said come in! posted:

Yep, both are games that have gotten far more attention, and all of it is extremely positive for both. I think Bethesda and Xbox are just wanting to push Redfall out at this point and cut their losses. They realized they can't just keep delaying it because at this point the game will take a loss no matter what, and that loss in profits will get bigger the longer its not releasing.

I feel like they should have just shadow dropped it or something. Just gone somewhat quiet, months ago, and then *whoosh*, suddenly it is out. Not saying that'd fix any of what ails the game, but *nothing* about the pre-release marketing/info cycle for the game has done it *any* favours at all. Talk about primed for failure :captainpop:

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012

hatty posted:

shoot them in their predator mouth when it opens

Thanks!

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

magimix posted:

I feel like they should have just shadow dropped it or something. Just gone somewhat quiet, months ago, and then *whoosh*, suddenly it is out. Not saying that'd fix any of what ails the game, but *nothing* about the pre-release marketing/info cycle for the game has done it *any* favours at all. Talk about primed for failure :captainpop:

I think most games would benefit from this approach tbh. Death to the hype cycle. Age of Wonders IV just got announced in January for a May release and Triumph just tossed out a torrent of pre release info. Way preferable to me than an announcement with a long period of speculation.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

magimix posted:

All of Xbox's eggs now in the basket of unknown structural integrity called Starfield.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Dishonored is the only good Arkane game anyway. Prey '17 had stupid enemies! Stupid!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

No RTX in redfail xbox or pc. :sigh:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Just delay or cancel the Xbox version lol. Thankful this releases on PC the same day.

If they can't get the version running on standardized hardware to run at 60fps I can't imagine how hosed up the PC version is going to be

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Not surprised, Arkane is the king of making cool games that have a unique look but inexplicably run like hammered poo poo even on high end pc’s.

Their engine is dogshit.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Their engine is dogshit.
Which one?! They've used Source, like three different versions of Unreal, Id Tech and CryEngine and made them all run like assholes on gravel.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

It's called Redfall because Microsoft will see its profits enter "the red," a business colloquialism

new title

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Boy my face sure is Red after Falling for thinking this game might be good!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

All of Xbox's eggs now in the basket of unknown structural integrity called Starfield.

I am still in the camp that thinks Starfield is going to be incredible. It'll be one of the best games of the year, but it will also launch in a total mess that crashes a lot, and has a lot of bugs.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Xbox has no games unless you use dev mode and play PS1 and PS2 games

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Halo Infailinte, Redfail, and soon Starfailed.

Grave Centipede
Apr 19, 2007
"But how can I put my lion's head in the lion's mouth? That act is ruined!"

I said come in! posted:

Remember that warhammer game? That's still not out on xbox. Made a right mess of that.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

My Series X controller has developed some pretty awful vertical stick drift on the right stick. Tried replacing the potentiometer which solved it for about a week and its slowly gotten worse and is almost as bad as it was before.

Pretty disappointing as its not even 2 years old and the PS4 controller that came with my console at the end of 2015 and saw much heavier use through its lifespan is trucking on good as new, along with an Xbox One controller I got in 2019.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Microsoft saved Sony from the embarrassment of having another 30 FPS PS5 game... and yet they keep saying that Microsoft is out to ruin them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Resident Evil 4 Remake question.
I feel dumb, but where is the best place to shoot the mandible plagas? I've been shooting the base of the neck, but that seems to be using a lot of ammo. Do you shoot them right in the mouth?

Flashbangs will also take them out in one shot.