Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Ok I booted up PoE and I think I've settled on "Shadow" as my class. Is this a huge mistake? Normally, I wouldn't feel the need to ask this question but given how PoE goes I would hate to get into the league and have someone go "lol why'd you pick that class"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I booted up PoE and I think I've settled on "Shadow" as my class. Is this a huge mistake? Normally, I wouldn't feel the need to ask this question but given how PoE goes I would hate to get into the league and have someone go "lol why'd you pick that class"?

i dont know what any of this means lol why'd you pick the class

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i dont know what any of this means lol why'd you pick the class

This.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Need a new acronym because I keep getting excited thinking people are talking about extremely win game Pillars of Eternity only to find out it's Path of Exile

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

DaysBefore posted:

Need a new acronym because I keep getting excited thinking people are talking about extremely win game Pillars of Eternity only to find out it's Path of Exile

I keep thinking the old website Portal of Evil

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pissing on Eggs

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
keep thinking of pieces of eight. Getting hyped up for the piracy renaissance that will never come. gently caress

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

no wonder smash mouth barely ate the eggs

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Frank Frank posted:

4,000 hours in that game and I have no idea what to tell a brand new player but you can look at what the popular characters are each league using Poe.ninja

Shadows are good at damage over time/poison and chaos damage builds, and critical hits via assassin ascendancy (each starter has multiple)

Trickster used to be fun, but squishy

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 12, 2023

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DaysBefore posted:

Grassy Knowles posted:

I keep thinking the old website Portal of Evil

Hell, same.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Tenkaris posted:

4,000 hours in that game and I have no idea what to tell a brand new player but you can look at what the popular characters are each league using Poe.ninja

Shadows are good at damage over time/poison and chaos damage builds, and critical hits via assassin ascendancy (each starter has multiple)

Trickster used to be fun, but squishy

How the heck do I dual wield? I found a 2nd dagger but trying to equip it just swaps it into my primary weapon slot. Do I need a specific skill or trait or something to dual wield?

E: NM, the new league doesn't start until tonight. I thought it started yesterday.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Apr 12, 2023

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

barbecue at the folks posted:

There was the goon who got zonked out on Ambien (?) and later found a song about owls on his computer that he had recorded without himself remembering anything about it. Does someone still have a link?

Whose head goes all the way around?

https://protard.bandcamp.com/track/hoo-let-the-owls-out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLOq9C0kN-A

I have been owned by grammar

ilmucche fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 12, 2023

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

There was the goon who got zonked out on Ambien (?) and later found a song about owls on his computer that he had recorded without himself remembering anything about it. Does someone still have a link?

https://youtu.be/CLOq9C0kN-A

I have it bookmarked on YouTube for this reason

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!

DaysBefore posted:

Same.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Frank Frank posted:

How the heck do I dual wield? I found a 2nd dagger but trying to equip it just swaps it into my primary weapon slot. Do I need a specific skill or trait or something to dual wield?

E: NM, the new league doesn't start until tonight. I thought it started yesterday.

Not sure about the dual wielding, you definitely can but can't mix certain things, so my first question is are you sure they're both daggers

Also the new league started last Friday

(At the time of this post it was not Monday, anywhere)

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Whose head goes all the way around??

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
who wears a graduation cap gets me

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I don't know anything about Path of Exile, but I got one of those discount coupons for Warframe so I could finally buy slots for more robot bodies and started pumping them out of the easy bake oven. Really digging Vauban, who throws traps and Sonic the Hedgehog speed boost pads everywhere, and Valkyr, who is robot lady Wolverine and screams to power herself and friends up.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

I don't know anything about Path of Exile, but I got one of those discount coupons for Warframe so I could finally buy slots for more robot bodies and started pumping them out of the easy bake oven. Really digging Vauban, who throws traps and Sonic the Hedgehog speed boost pads everywhere, and Valkyr, who is robot lady Wolverine and screams to power herself and friends up.

Yeah Warframes a fun one def. Good monetization overall imo vs peers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like the character designs but the game is just kind of boring...

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

They got zonked on Ambien, recorded the track, and physically mailed it to themselves.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

They got zonked on Ambien, recorded the track, and physically mailed it to themselves.

lol

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

sort of

Communist Q posted:

A friend of mine, who's a musician, recently told me about how he made one of his weirder albums. Apparently he took a fist full of ambien and proceeded to blackout for a few days. A couple of days later he receives an envelope in the mail he sent to himself while blacked out. Inside was a letter that was indecipherable and a thumb drive containing some music. While most of the album isn't worth listening to, this song is.

if you could get it trending on social media you could probably convince people it was made as a tie-in for The Owl House

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Dandywalken posted:

Yeah Warframes a fun one def. Good monetization overall imo vs peers.

Yeah, it teases you to spend IRL money but after I understood the menus I could see if you're just patient and treat it as a game you play a couple hours every day or two it's pretty fun.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i like the character designs but the game is just kind of boring...

Some designs are cool, some get silly but I guess it is an anime robot ninja game. The big bottleneck definitely seems to be having more warframes to keep combat interesting because yeah I was getting bored of doing a similar loop of missions with only 3 of the things.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

DaysBefore posted:

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

kompressor was a pretty good kmfdm parody.

that was drew of married to the sea fame right?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

yeah, MR CRACKER on here

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

NoiseAnnoys posted:

and holy gently caress it was 2006 that kompressor retired and drew revealed himself.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

drew really should be more famous (and able to afford to live as an artist) than he is

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the ambien threads are good fun

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

yeah, MR CRACKER on here

Oh he was MR CRACKER? That explains things

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
totes

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

and holy gently caress it was 2006 that kompressor retired and drew revealed himself.

man, it's weird that he and his (then? still?) wife really defined so much of the mid 2000s internet. i haven't thought about them in years, tbh. i hope he (they?) are doing well and living a good life in ohio.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Apr 12, 2023

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Drinkslinger posted:

I used to do this when I worked office jobs and browsed SA on my break - I didn't feel like having to explain to anyone passing by my desk why the site I was reading had "PLEASE FUNNEL HOT TAR INTO MY ANUS WITH A TRAFFIC CONE" displayed in big red letters for anyone to see

From quite a few pages back (dang this thread moves fast these days), but that was exactly the av that caused me to do the same at my office job back in the day, lol.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
in before someone says the epic ownage wife meme

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

the wife meme

e:f,b

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

da love my wife z0ne

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Crime on a Dime posted:

in before someone says the epic ownage wife meme

Grassy Knowles posted:

the wife meme

e:f,b

im gonna be honest idk what the wife meme nor the epic ownage wife meme are i just wanted to participate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its when you beat your wife in mario party and she files for a divorce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

its when you beat your wife in mario party and she files for a divorce

Served Papers Mario.