Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Chronojam posted:

Try horizon, although it rebalances literally everything, including drop rates and how ambushes work with a big emphasis on making settlements valuable (they'll act as respawn points when you e.g. eat a Molotov at a bad time).

I'll always shill for it since all the changes align with my preferences.

E: More elaboration: It's a total overhaul. So the progression is different (every few levels you get bonus perks which are all revised), crafting is redone to be more substantial, etc. HP is designed to be an excursion resource, and you need to craft heal-over-time items back at camp/base.

There are good affordances for supporting "I love to loot everything" gameplay but otherwise it's fun to pick a load out and head to explore someplace. You might actually find yourself avoiding a fight or not finishing an encounter, or actually picking up a dropped raider's shotgun and using it along the way. Since it's got respawns it's still OK to take risks without worrying you'll have to hit up a reload.

Oh dang, this looks cool - only I never picked up the DLC lol. I'll have to wait until it goes on sale!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Is there a mod out there that adjusts combat to be more lethal on both sides? I want to be able to generate Tarkov-like combat where different guns are ideal based on armor you're going against, etc. Does anything like that exist? I was thinking of doing the frost mod but heard it's pretty brutal beyond just the combat.

Survival Options does this and a ton of other things although armor type is not really a thing in Fallout, especially in the late game everything just has billions of hitpoints and NPC armor is completely irrelevant

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Been playing with this mod for a while now and lmao

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/60119

A lot of the AI voicing is wack as hell but when the sarcastic replies come out good it's incredibly funny

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hey, the midnight ride mod says not to use stuff like mator smash etc. Any idea why? I thought it was important for setting up levelled lists in skyrim.

Edit: same with things like LOOT.

Also does anyone know any quest mods that change the storyline of the main game instead of clobbering at least two factions?

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 9, 2023

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

Tankbuster posted:

Also does anyone know any quest mods that change the storyline of the main game instead of clobbering at least two factions?

Outcasts and Remnants + Project Valkyrie

Tankbuster posted:

hey, the midnight ride mod says not to use stuff like mator smash etc. Any idea why? I thought it was important for setting up levelled lists in skyrim.

Looks like that guide uses a custom file for the load order to be imported in MO2 and using LOOT would probably change things around.
Not a lot wrong with using LOOT, but always check if a mod description specifies a location, I.E. at the start or end of the load order etc

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
ive heard questionable things about the thuggyverse mods with some pretty cringy romance and stuff.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

If it's a modlist then the author has already gone through and done leveled lists and such for you. If you run those tools yourself you'll break them.

heard u like girls posted:

Outcasts and Remnants + Project Valkyrie

Thuggy is a piece of poo poo and so are his mods.

Tankbuster posted:

ive heard questionable things about the thuggyverse mods with some pretty cringy romance and stuff.

They are several levels beyond cringy. For starters, you can turn the institute into a strip club, have a synth slave of one of the DLC characters, there's an NPC with terrible voice acting that sends you on a mission to get a dildo bat, the list goes on. Also he's a racist and one of those free speech types. Yes, the kind you're thinking of.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 9, 2023

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Ugh, really? I'd might have actually play Fallout 4 into the third act if those mods didn't suck. Hundreds of hours, still never finished the game because I hate the ending.

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

A lot of thuggy poo poo is very edgy / dumb / problematic yeah, but i guess that's just the way with big story mods. Hell, vanilla FO4 has that as well i think. But to me it just feels like Saints Row 3 and 4 leaking into my fallout and i don't really mind it v0v

And i dont want to support that guy being a piece of poo poo, but i also like content for game that i don't (can't) take serious. I can see why people wouldn't like it tho

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I found the mod Subversion which lets you skillmaxxx into a good ending with the robots being freed and everyone living in harmony. that sounds nice.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

I found the mod Subversion which lets you skillmaxxx into a good ending with the robots being freed and everyone living in harmony. that sounds nice.

Subversion is cool and good and I would highly recommend it.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Relyssa posted:

Subversion is cool and good and I would highly recommend it.

thank u reimu.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Twincityhacker posted:

Ugh, really? I'd might have actually play Fallout 4 into the third act if those mods didn't suck. Hundreds of hours, still never finished the game because I hate the ending.

I have almost 3,000 hours in Fallout 4 and I've played the ending twice, the MQ in general is garbage and a lot of the specific quests are poop too. The best version of the game is Sim Settlements Conqueror because you're encouraged to start out by just murdering Preston & company. Really wish they'd update it :negative:

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

I have almost 3,000 hours in Fallout 4 and I've played the ending twice, the MQ in general is garbage and a lot of the specific quests are poop too. The best version of the game is Sim Settlements Conqueror because you're encouraged to start out by just murdering Preston & company. Really wish they'd update it :negative:

I am a werido who likes the Sactuary group.

I have no real issues with any quests outside the main questline. Other than telling the person who wrote the random gunner attacks in Sim Settlements 2 should have realized that a 17+ person raid happening every day is bullshit.

And, no, defence doesn't help as I increased the settlement defence to 200+ at Abernathy Farm with no increase of food or junk and they kept spawning there.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

200 defense is on the very low end, with SS2, get some settlers trained up with high agility and upgraded defense plots and each plot is like 250+

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Is minimum defence calculated differently? There was 3x many defence as the total of food and water resources, and there was no junk gathering at the farm.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

No idea tbh :shrug:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
anyone know of a good house building mod? The assets that bethesda allowed us to use are awful and dogshit.

Faded Mars
Jul 1, 2004

It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Lily talks way too much. It's pretty impressive so far, I think it's solid. The environments the devs built are great. The voice acting is pretty good across the board. I haven't finished the mod yet but I am enjoying it

If they just toned Lily down a bit.

Yeah technically speaking it's all really great. Only encountered a couple bugs on the whole playthrough. And I mean I get this is supposed to be a retro-future apocalypse full of raiders and other assholes, but the entire FSD just reeked of sanctimony, hypocrisy, and cruelty. I dealt with most of it just fine, even though a bunch of it seems to have been lifted from some teenage edgelord's 20-year-old LiveJournal feed.

This sounds like a bitchfest, and I suppose it is, but nobody I know in meatspace plays/cares enough about Fallout 4 for me to rant to, so it all goes here. Bit of a wall of text coming. Spoilers used in case anyone reading hasn't played through it yet.

-Sheriff Charlize Fury Road. What the hell? Talks about caring for families so much, gleefully recounts slowly executing gunners (and seems to be happy when she learns that many of those gunners were related and that some of those relatives could watch their deaths). I also love that the voice actor for this gem of a person chose to be credited as Anonymous.

-Lily... Appears to be an extreme sadist what with her constant talk about literally folding raiders up, or when she shoves that one person's head up the other person's rear end in Nuka World. And everyone at the FSD just basically either eats that poo poo up or does a *Shrug* That's our Lily! bit. Also the whole you are her sidekick is kind of a neat/novel concept, but is kind of silly in a game designed to make the player the main character (I want to play my/my character's story, not yours) - more of a subjective thing than anything, I know. I wish that she'd actually died instead of the whole Institute capture subplot.

-Doctor Herbologist Scientist Tits n' rear end... Christ, she was the worst character by far. First because of the whole Mary Sue bit (come on, she's a hyper genius scientist, military super strategist, apparently the richest person in the Commonwealth, and looks like a pubescent boy's wet dream while doing it?).
-But what really gets me is just how ruthless she is. Another of those cares-about-family types but is actually a sadistic, murdering psychopath. The final straw for me, story-wise, is when she hatches the plan to drown the Railroad. You follow through with it, and then go to the debrief. If you try to call her out on her cold and callous bullshit, she calls YOU the rear end in a top hat and tears you a new one. That pissed me off enough that I tried to just kill everyone in the FSD, but apparently they are all flagged essential.

Now if this was all the point of the writing and story, then amazing. But I get the sense that it isn't.

I want a mod for that mod that just lets me kill them all and loot the FSD. The Commonwealth would be better off without them.

Faded Mars fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 11, 2023

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Faded Mars posted:

Yeah technically speaking it's all really great. Only encountered a couple bugs on the whole playthrough. And I mean I get this is supposed to be a retro-future apocalypse full of raiders and other assholes, but the entire FSD just reeked of sanctimony, hypocrisy, and cruelty. I dealt with most of it just fine, even though a bunch of it seems to have been lifted from some teenage edgelord's 20-year-old LiveJournal feed.

This sounds like a bitchfest, and I suppose it is, but nobody I know in meatspace plays/cares enough about Fallout 4 for me to rant to, so it all goes here. Bit of a wall of text coming. Spoilers used in case anyone reading hasn't played through it yet.

-Sheriff Charlize Fury Road. What the hell? Talks about caring for families so much, gleefully recounts slowly executing gunners (and seems to be happy when she learns that many of those gunners were related and that some of those relatives could watch their deaths). I also love that the voice actor for this gem of a person chose to be credited as Anonymous.

-Lily... Appears to be an extreme sadist what with her constant talk about literally folding raiders up, or when she shoves that one person's head up the other person's rear end in Nuka World. And everyone at the FSD just basically either eats that poo poo up or does a *Shrug* That's our Lily! bit. Also the whole you are her sidekick is kind of a neat/novel concept, but is kind of silly in a game designed to make the player the main character (I want to play my/my character's story, not yours) - more of a subjective thing than anything, I know. I wish that she'd actually died instead of the whole Institute capture subplot.

-Doctor Herbologist Scientist Tits n' rear end... Christ, she was the worst character by far. First because of the whole Mary Sue bit (come on, she's a hyper genius scientist, military super strategist, apparently the richest person in the Commonwealth, and looks like a pubescent boy's wet dream while doing it?).
-But what really gets me is just how ruthless she is. Another of those cares-about-family types but is actually a sadistic, murdering psychopath. The final straw for me, story-wise, is when she hatches the plan to drown the Railroad. You follow through with it, and then go to the debrief. If you try to call her out on her cold and callous bullshit, she calls YOU the rear end in a top hat and tears you a new one. That pissed me off enough that I tried to just kill everyone in the FSD, but apparently they are all flagged essential.

Now if this was all the point of the writing and story, then amazing. But I get the sense that it isn't.

I want a mod for that mod that just lets me kill them all and loot the FSD. The Commonwealth would be better off without them.

The mod page's 'warnings' come off as "THE WRITING IS PERFECT gently caress YOU IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE" so I am kinda not surprised

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
drat, looks like the average modder is a worse character designer than bethesda.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Ugh. I should have suspected it'd go off the rails. Didn't get too far in it, best to probably uninstall it now, I guess.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
I made it like an hour into the mod before deciding I hated every character I had encountered and started a new game.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
AI voices are weird and ethically crummy but this does capture the lifeless droning of Preston Garvey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogCugWYQdBw

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So I've finished my modded playthrough of Skyrim to finish the expansions, and I'm moving on to Fallout 4 to tackle the expansions for it (I thought I just had Far Harbor, but I found out Automaton has a questline, and I forgot about Nuka World).

I was going to use The Midnight Ride as a baseline, and build from there.

I saw this video by ItsYaBoyBrandyBoy on the balancing in FO4, and I was thinking about using the mods shown off there, though I dunno if I want to tweak it to the point where's it's super-difficult.

I was going to use Equipment and Crafting Overhaul (ECO?), since I was told that serves as a replacement for AWKCR and Armorsmith Extended.

Beyond that, here's what I was looking for or was curious about :
  • Mods that add, or potentially replace the arsenal of guns in the game. I know there's a list in the OP, but I dunno how much that list has expanded since then. I think that True Damage mod from the BrandyBoy video covers some modded weapons as well, so I can look there.
  • Echoing something that Tankbuster asked about, are there any mods that allow for house building in settlement areas? I don't really care for settlement management (I think I tried SimSettlements last time I tried modding FO4, but I didn't play it for very long, and I still didn't care about it). Failing that, some mod that adds a cool player home, or something that modifies Sanctuary Hills into a better hub would be nice.
  • I've seen there's a mod that tweaks the leveling system to make it more like FO3/FNV (i.e. bringing back skills, perks on level up based on stats/skills), but I dunno how well that meshes with the rest of the game or other mods. Oh wait, the 'Be Exceptional' mod from that video is the one I was thinking of.
  • Something that adds or expands the armor/clothing. From what I remember, you had a base outfit (like the Vault Suit) and then you'd add arm, leg, head, and chest pieces that were of varying quality (raider, leather, combat, and Institute). It seemed like you didn't have many choices, and some like the Institute armor looked pretty bad. Maybe ECO covers this, but I was wondering if there was something similar to Skyrim's Immersive Armors.
  • I dunno what there is to check out in regards to quest mods (or if I should bother with those with my focus being on the expansions).
  • Something that improves the visuals without causing performance issues. For Skyrim, I used Silent Horizons ENB, which looked really nice, but it did impact the framerate considerably. I guess the alternative would be Reshade?
  • Something to add/save face presets? I found I had the saves from my first playthrough, so I thought to try and use it again, because I spent like an hour-and-a-half editing the face.

That's all I can think of for right now. If it helps, I thought about doing a playthrough siding with the BoS (first playthrough was with the Minutemen). I dunno if there are mods that pertain to the various factions. I know there's a couple that let you broker piece between them all.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 7, 2023

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

You want Looks Menu for face presets.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Max Wilco posted:

So I've finished my modded playthrough of Skyrim to finish the expansions, and I'm moving on to Fallout 4 to tackle the expansions for it (I thought I just had Far Harbor, but I found out Automaton has a questline, and I forgot about Nuka World).
I'll always shill for Horizon, which just had a 1.9 RC get posted

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Chronojam posted:

I'll always shill for Horizon, which just had a 1.9 RC get posted

I looked this up, and it sounds like it's geared more towards a Survival style game, which I don't think I want to do right now. It also sounds like there's a lot of steps in setting it up.

That said, it looks to be a very extensive overhaul, and it's even got its own wiki (https://fo4horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Horizon_Wiki), so I'll have to check it out in the future.

-

One mod I thought about using was the Seasons mod, but it looks like it got removed from the Nexus. Dunno if there's a story behind that. I just thought to ask because I know it's a pretty old mod, and I thought it might cause issues.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
If you are looking for a quick and effective player home thing, I would recommend the Rebuild Sanctuary Mod. Its quick to set up, lets you live the suburban americana dream with your new buddies from concord and it genuinely feels nice rebuilding otherwise destroyed stuff.

As an aside the modern weapons replacer mods seem like a pain to set up because the popular ones will go out of their way to replace ammo calibers.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

The ultimate in player homes to me: the virtual reality creation club addon where I go to a flat empty plane that extends in every direction forever and has no terrain features whatsoever. Build a VR chair in any settlement I go to, go into VR, have all my gear and materials in one central location wherever I go. Can build a VR chair in the DLC, can build a VR chair in Homeplate, can build a VR chair in Goodneighbor with a different creation club that adds a player apartment there. Pop out of VR with tons of things to sell and the merchants are right there.

Spacehams
Jun 3, 2007

sometimes people are mean, and I think they should try being nice
Grimey Drawer

Max Wilco posted:

I looked this up, and it sounds like it's geared more towards a Survival style game, which I don't think I want to do right now. It also sounds like there's a lot of steps in setting it up.

That said, it looks to be a very extensive overhaul, and it's even got its own wiki (https://fo4horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Horizon_Wiki), so I'll have to check it out in the future.

-

One mod I thought about using was the Seasons mod, but it looks like it got removed from the Nexus. Dunno if there's a story behind that. I just thought to ask because I know it's a pretty old mod, and I thought it might cause issues.

I find survival mode to be pretty tedious, but I play with Horizon and just set the difficulty mode in-game to normal. That removes the necessity of eating/drinking/sleeping and enables fast travel, and the rest of Horizon's mechanics work like a charm. It's really an amazing overhaul of the game, and I can't play FO4 without it now. Set up is just like any other mod, you just have to put it in the right load order (which is on the wiki).

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

If you are looking for a quick and effective player home thing, I would recommend the Rebuild Sanctuary Mod. Its quick to set up, lets you live the suburban americana dream with your new buddies from concord and it genuinely feels nice rebuilding otherwise destroyed stuff.

As an aside the modern weapons replacer mods seem like a pain to set up because the popular ones will go out of their way to replace ammo calibers.

There seem to be a couple of mod for rebuilding Sanctuary. There's Rebuild - Modular Sanctuary Pre-War and Post-War Build Set, Sanctuary - Modern Residences Rebuild with Repaired Roofs and Rebuild Sanctuary.

The Rebuild Modular Sanctuary seems like the most popular one, and it links to the Homemaker mod, which either adds new furniture and decorations to building.

There's another mod called Do It Yourself, but it's been hidden on Nexus. Instead it looks like you can only get it on Bethseda.net, or on Creative Family Mods (which has the Seasons mod, but you have to join a Discord to get it :psyduck:). I dunno how you go about getting a Bethesda.net mod install into MO2.

Flowing Thot posted:

The ultimate in player homes to me: the virtual reality creation club addon where I go to a flat empty plane that extends in every direction forever and has no terrain features whatsoever. Build a VR chair in any settlement I go to, go into VR, have all my gear and materials in one central location wherever I go. Can build a VR chair in the DLC, can build a VR chair in Homeplate, can build a VR chair in Goodneighbor with a different creation club that adds a player apartment there. Pop out of VR with tons of things to sell and the merchants are right there.

I was sort of curious about the Creation Club content. The one thing that I really wanted was the creation that adds Shiba Inus (especially if you can turn Dogmeat into a Shiba Inu).

Spacehams posted:

I find survival mode to be pretty tedious, but I play with Horizon and just set the difficulty mode in-game to normal. That removes the necessity of eating/drinking/sleeping and enables fast travel, and the rest of Horizon's mechanics work like a charm. It's really an amazing overhaul of the game, and I can't play FO4 without it now. Set up is just like any other mod, you just have to put it in the right load order (which is on the wiki).

Past the survival stuff, though, it seems like there's a lot that it changes, and along with the other recommended mod (Architect), it sounds like something you have really have to tailor your mod selections around. I just ran through the Midnight Ride modlist, and skimming through Horizon's description and its mod compatibilities, one of the Midnight Ride selections (Better Power Armor) doesn't work with it. (although I guess the point of profiles in MO2 is so you can do separate mod setups). There's also alternate INI settings as well. I'm probably making it out to be worse than it is, but it just seems like there's a overwhelmingly number of things to track if you're running it with other mods.

Still, I'll look into it some more. Along with load order, I also found a list on mod compatibility (https://fo4horizon.fandom.com/wiki/Guide/Mod_Incompatibility), so that helps.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Compatibility can be an issue because it changes basically every single thing already. Like, it even redoes how magazines work as a game element, enemy spawn placement, item sorting, fixes wiring settlements, how you gear up friendly NPCs, breaking down items and weight.

Architect alone is a big addition and would be worth the price of admission if you think you want to engage with settlement building at all.

If you dig what it offers (and I'd encourage a glance) then it'll replace like 80% of your modlist and you can focus on getting your tree textures, radio channels, and grenade reverb settings just right.

E: If you liked the idea of Better Power Armor, maybe read what Horizon does with PA as a litmus test. See if it sounds exciting/intrigues you, or seems like the wrong direction.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 8, 2023

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

So I don't know if this is a bug with MO2 or something I did, but I went to make a new profile in MO2, only to find that it had made a profile for every mod that I installed.

I started removing the profiles, only to realize that it was deleting the mods as well. So I guess I have to start over. :negative:

Any idea why this happened? EDIT: I think what happened is when I disabled, 'Use profile-specific Game INI files', I chose 'Yes' when it asked to delete INIs or whatever, so that's why it was causing issues.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 8, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

I was talking about the last one. Rebuild Sanctuary that came out this year. Its probably the best way to fix sanctuary. With the basic mod you get to do things like restore the walkable houses to their pre war state on the outside while leaving the completely destroyed houses for building things like workshops or greenhouses. In contrast with Skyrim SE, FO4 does require you to research a little bit more before committing to a mod which is a pain in the rear end.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Tankbuster posted:

I was talking about the last one. Rebuild Sanctuary that came out this year. Its probably the best way to fix sanctuary. With the basic mod you get to do things like restore the walkable houses to their pre war state on the outside while leaving the completely destroyed houses for building things like workshops or greenhouses. In contrast with Skyrim SE, FO4 does require you to research a little bit more before committing to a mod which is a pain in the rear end.

Yeah, Fallout 4 does seem to be complex with mods compared to Skyrim SE.

I've been redoing the Midnight Ride (TMR) guide after messing it up the first time (probably a good thing that I messed it up first time around, because I realized I missed a few mods). I'm almost done with it, at which point I was going to make a separate profile to add my own choice of mods. However, I had some more questions.

• If I'm going to use ECO (Equipment and Crafting Overhaul) as a replacement for AWKCR & Armorsmith Extended, where should I put it in the load order? Load order is the thing that concerns me the most when doing the modded installs. I realized yesterday than instead of sorting things in the left pane, you have to sort the plugins on the tab on the right (or maybe you have to do both?). I never did that with Skyrim SE, though I think I only had like one mod that didn't work right because of it.
  • Related to ECO, I wanted to ask again about clothing/armor mods. One I saw that looked good was Eli's Armor Compendium, but I'm wondering if there are any other large packs like that. Most everything seems to be standalone items (stuff like Mojave Manhunter, NCR Ranger Vet, etc). Someone mentioned a mod that let you change the color of clothing items when I first asked about ECO, but I didn't catch the name of it.
  • One of the mods that The Midnight Ride says to avoid is Pip-Boy Flashlight, which I think may have been a cause of the issues I had last time I played modded Fallout 4. However, does there exist an alternative. I don't really care for the default light you get (maybe some of the mods I've installed adjust it, but I remember you had to tweak your UI colors to change the color of the light).
  • Is there something in terms of visual tweaks I should check out? One of the things I've always disliked about Fallout 4 is that a lot of the game looks kind of washed out. One of the most endorsed mods on the Nexus is Fallout 4 Enhanced Color Correction, which seems to do that. However, I was also curious about the lighting mods like Enhanced Lights and FX and Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks. TMR includes a lighting mod (Lightweight Lighting), so I imagine it would clash with other lighting mods.
  • Is there a rule-of-thumb when it comes to picking/installing weapon mods? Looking at the top of the most endorsed weapon mod, the first thing that catches my eye is the M1911, but the mod description says there's only one fixed instance of it, rather than adding into the leveled lists. There are other mods that add the M1911, but there's like a dozen of them. I dunno if there's a definitive weapons list (I know there's the one in the OP, but I imagine there's been a lot of additions since then).

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:29 on May 9, 2023

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
If you're willing to go the Creation Club route and pay for content, I got the Charlestown Condo a few years back on a whim and it's really solid as a player home. Central location, multiple furnished floors you can leave or scrap, tons of room on the 2nd floor to build any crafting/display/storage you might want, nifty diner on the entrance. I like sending companions I'm done with there. There's a key quest to get in, but it's blessedly short.

Another possibility is one of several mods that add bunkers and interiors to existing settlements or combat areas. Basement Living, Commonwealth Express Courier Stations, any of Elianora's house mods, Aloot's Home Plate, any of RedRocketTV's Better Homes & Bunkers mods. I mean there's tons of stuff out there, but those are player houses I've tried and liked.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

You sort things on both panels of MO2. Left side is basically how loose files are overwritten and just keep things organized. Something below another mod if they have files conflicting the lower mod wins. I typically group mods by type and use MO2’s function to create categories to put them in. So like essential / bug fix type mods I put at the top stuff like the unofficial patch, buffout, things of that nature. The work my way down with like a category for UI, a category for gameplay etc… Most mod’s don’t really effect things outside their category, but some do and I just handle these on a case by case basis with a special catch all section towards the end. The right panel is the load order that the game uses and you are probably used to this. Where you organize all your ESM ESP etc…

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

if you click on a mod in the left panel it will mark everything it overrides with green and everything it’s being overridden by with red if applicable. its nowhere near as important as the right panel but very occasionally issues may come up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
I just upgraded my computer and got an itch to play Fallout 4 again, for some ungodly reason. I like Horizon. It makes so many changes to so many things that the other mods I have are just extra little fixes and tweaks, like texture/weather stuff, and mods like the unofficial patch mod, faster loading screens/workshop/terminal text, Bullet Counted Reload, Extended Dialogue Interface, and Delta Wasteland Radio (the blues station, might be goon-made, very good no matter who made it). I probably don't even need to mention the obligatory Everyone's Best Friend, which was even specifically called out in the Horizon install guide as optional but highly recommended. Dogs are outstanding!