Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
If you have a full stack of golfballs and no use for them then you should discard them, problem solved.

Funnily enough the resources I keep running out of are basic friggin cores and shards. Turns out focusing was a great idea for Bungie because I somehow burned over 3000 shards this season so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

You know what I miss, is the Season of the Hunt "spend these resources to exclude these perks" system. There are some huge loving perk pools in this game and you could make some excellent resource sinks out of those without a resource cap that is incredibly hostile to people with schedules.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Bleck posted:

Give them to me.

Bungie let Kith give me the golf balls

best i can do is offer to carry you through some GMs. do a couple of those and you'll have plenty

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

magiccarpet posted:

Today's Lost Sector was my first attempt ever (1813) and I was able to cheese it the first try. After three runs I got my Swarmers, which have definitely made my PS5 angry.

Go for it Guardians! The robots tank most of the damage.

I got my Abeyant Leaps and I haven't finished the story on my Titan yet lol

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Having only completed Prison of Elders x2 previously, I feel like the GM difficulty is spot-on where it should be after running Proving Grounds for the first time as a GM last night. Got a bevy of poo poo rolls on Hung Jury but I don't feel like grinding out a decent one is going to be incredibly difficult so long as you're engaging with the GM in the way it's meant to be played?

The last fight was incredibly fun, and can get real tense but all together IMO an enjoyable experience

joeshmoetogo
Mar 20, 2006

Do you have to defeat all LLC champs to get exotic drop chance? I wasn't seeing any while cheesin with void hunter real quick to just get the code and leave 2 champs.

Eventually got full clears of chamber of starlight down to ~6mins after grabbing a LB but jfc it still took 8hrs to see a decent roll on the second drop of gyrfalcons.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

joeshmoetogo posted:

Do you have to defeat all LLC champs to get exotic drop chance? I wasn't seeing any while cheesin with void hunter real quick to just get the code and leave 2 champs.

Eventually got full clears of chamber of starlight down to ~6mins after grabbing a LB but jfc it still took 8hrs to see a decent roll on the second drop of gyrfalcons.

if you're doing it for exotics you wanna clear all Champs for Plat rewards. If you're doing it for the rank, you can just assassinate the boss and loot the chest iirc.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I think folks who have played this for a while need a reminder of how fun this game is sometimes. I played Grasp of Avarice for the first-time last night with my buddies, and I had the most fun I've had gaming since my first Vampire Survivors run which super-duper popped off. I loved hearing all the in jokes about Wilhelm going insane in the loot cave, them making me choose which door to take and which one yeets me into a wall or spike trap, the very normal non-threatening staircase and the final boss which was super fun to finally nail down. I then got Gjallarhorn which kicks rear end and tested it out in the Dares of Eternity and got my first ever Lightning Round which I didn't even know could happen. I was up until almost midnight playing which almost never happens as I am a 35 year old man who has the sleep schedule of a 50 year old.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

arsenicCatnip posted:

I'm talking for raid exotics, I want the dang shotgun and if I could farm out a 2nd chance every week it'd be cool

I think for raid exotics they’re set with just giving you all the triumphs to increase the drop rate. There’s a lot of them for RON but no idea how much they actually up the rate

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

LionYeti posted:

I think folks who have played this for a while need a reminder of how fun this game is sometimes. I played Grasp of Avarice for the first-time last night with my buddies, and I had the most fun I've had gaming since my first Vampire Survivors run which super-duper popped off. I loved hearing all the in jokes about Wilhelm going insane in the loot cave, them making me choose which door to take and which one yeets me into a wall or spike trap, the very normal non-threatening staircase and the final boss which was super fun to finally nail down. I then got Gjallarhorn which kicks rear end and tested it out in the Dares of Eternity and got my first ever Lightning Round which I didn't even know could happen. I was up until almost midnight playing which almost never happens as I am a 35 year old man who has the sleep schedule of a 50 year old.

Yeah, Destiny 2 kicks rear end very much, I love it

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

:yeah:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hmmyes:

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I like to shoot the mans

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm like 5 light levels away from hitting rank 7

:pray:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

haveblue posted:

I like to shoot the mans

I like to punch the mans, and sometimes throw a shield or a hammer at them

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Necrobama posted:

It's so good.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Necrobama posted:

its quite fun when the hammer hits them and they explode and all their buddies die imo

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

its quite fun when the hammer hits them and they explode and all their buddies die imo

Yep when you turn into a man on fire to make everyone explode by throwing hammers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I like strand a lot more than I thought I would. Also doesn't hurt that everything was unlocked pretty quickly. I still don't have all the stasis stuff on my main character, and don't even have a single aspect on the other two.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, I'd eat my hat if I had one in regard to Strand Titan, I thought it'd be just 'Green Fist of Havoc' but things like Woven Mail and suspend, especially with the exotic legs, makes it really viable for Endgame content like GMs

Stasis Titan has been fun too with the Cadmus Ridge Lancecap and the new bow, but i've yet to take it into a GM. I think with the primary buff next week it'll be good.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

SgtSteel91 posted:

Yeah, I'd eat my hat if I had one in regard to Strand Titan, I thought it'd be just 'Green Fist of Havoc' but things like Woven Mail and suspend, especially with the exotic legs, makes it really viable for Endgame content like GMs

it was so funny how the complaint machine kicked into high gear on this one and literally day 1 all those same people had to walk it back because Berserker owns

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

it was so funny how the complaint machine kicked into high gear on this one and literally day 1 all those same people had to walk it back because Berserker owns

I need to be less poo poo at the game and try the legendary campaign to get those strand shoes.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

LionYeti posted:

I need to be less poo poo at the game and try the legendary campaign to get those strand shoes.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

just do a lost sector and save yourself 4 hours

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I've been using Heart of Innermost Light on strand titan and it's been silly

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

^burtle posted:

just do a lost sector and save yourself 4 hours

Legendary Lost Sectors will take me that long if it has to be on legend I am still not amazing at the whole not dying thing

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

LionYeti posted:

Legendary Lost Sectors will take me that long if it has to be on legend I am still not amazing at the whole not dying thing

Depending on what weapons you have available some of the LLS can be pretty trivial. Excavation Site XIII in the EDZ has lots of great spots to take cover and I can pretty reliably clear it in 7-10 minutes. Last time it was up was Barrier and Unstoppable champs so I went in with Wish Ender, Veles X, and a good Legendary LMG and flawlsessed it on my second attempt.

And if you don't have Wish Ender, the Overchill goons are always happy to help you get it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

LionYeti posted:

Bunker E15 for all your LLS needs! only void shields and only 4 champs (1 overload Fallen, 1 Barrier and 2 overload Vex). Crush it with Le Monarque and overload sword artifact mod.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
It’s a cruel twist of fate that the legendary campaign is sort of a cakewalk with titan strandpants and access to the full strand build. Knowing what I know now, I would try to run the following to get them: complete regular campaign and get access to strand, run with rally barricade, grapple grenade, build to loop back and forth (bomber mods, etc), osteo striga loving shreds everything and having on- demand suspend neuters a lot of the phalanxes, wyverns, tormentors etc. even without the pants I think just play a bit more conservatively? I ran a vorpal void sniper which you can use normally, or abuse the osteo dot by switching to the vorpal weapon while osteo bullets are stil landing, then it will tick forever. You can spray something with osteo, duck into cover while switching to a vorpal weapon and just wait for the thing to die. If you have access to retrofit escapade with enhanced target lock/enhanced 4ttc it pretty well melts your minibosses/bosses/tormentors/ suspended wyverns etc. also, suspending poo poo tends to expose and stabilize a crit spot as well as keeping them from shielding or damaging etc. Perfect for sniping or escapading. Another option I sort of abused in the prior campaign was a disorienting special grenade launcher (preferably with auto-loading holster). The same idea applied: neutralize a pack/angle/key rear end in a top hat while clearing out a different area.

E: wishender or le monarque can both trivialize some LLS, and we can tell you where to stand etc.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I love this week's new shader.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Mill Village posted:

I love this week's new shader.

:yeah:

:hellyeah:

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I've been wanting to run PoH dungeon to get some new worthwhile armor to spend the golf balls on. I haven't got a better piece of armor than what I've got for several seasons now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wonder if I'm doing armor wrong because on my main I have a single piece for each slot and haven't changed any of them in years because the rolls on what drops for me aren't comparable, higher, or close enough with mods that I can replace them.

It sounds like some people have multiple armor pieces they swap out for different builds?

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well as a Titan main I have an extra hat for when I'm not wearing lorely, and an extra chest piece for when I'm not wearing inmost light. I haven't changed my arms or legs for the longest because of the same reasons.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I wonder if I'm doing armor wrong because on my main I have a single piece for each slot and haven't changed any of them in years because the rolls on what drops for me aren't comparable, higher, or close enough with mods that I can replace them.

It sounds like some people have multiple armor pieces they swap out for different builds?

Save high armor rolls then use stuff like D2armorpicker to maximize your stats based on your exotic / subclass.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it’s largely how diminishing returns do you want to get chasing like extra tiers of stats, which largely don’t break builds. That is, builds usually don’t fall apart entirely if you can only hit 80 disc instead of 100.

That being said, I would recommend having a legendary set with some high resilience spikes and that way you can, with mods and potentially not-amazingly-rolled exotics at least hit like 80+ resilience for any possible build, ideally 100. Class item is always just a no-stat (or +2 to all) so there’s no real “roll” there, and there are no exotic class items. So you are really looking for like a purple item in each of the other 4 slots with like 15+ resil on average over the 4 slots, which gives you 60 resil plus your random exotic’s resil and still lets you get 100 with like 2-3 big resilience mods or maybe a sprinkling of smaller resil mods if you are tight on energy.

So to start, keep your highest- resilience head, arms, chest, legs. Then when you start collecting more or better rolls, you can be looking to get higher combos with resil and disc (fairly safe combo atm) to, as the above poster mentioned, use something like d2armorpicker to optimize.

After some collecting you will start to notice common pieces show up in multiple builds, whether it’s with an exotic helmet or exotic chest, you’ll notice the same pair of your lightkin greaves or whatever showing up, at which point you sort of know that’s a good piece…it enables multiple builds etc. When I first started the journey, it seemed like every time I switched exotic I’d get a completely different set of 3 other pieces from the optimizer, because they were trying to squeeze all the stats out of each build. Now there are maybe 2-3 pieces in each slot that show up for any exotic build because I’ve ground for some ridiculous 26 resil/23 disc monstrosity or something, and I’ve gotten enough rolls of exotics that they are mostly spiked on the things I want.

Bear in mind this all changed a year ago with resilience changes where resilience used to be sort of garbage except as a class ability cooldown stat for titans and maybe pvp bucketing on what would two-shot you or whatever. Now resilience gives a ton of damage reduction in PvE (which has been pulled back a bit but is still arguably strong). So like until you get into the finer points or want to start tuning away from survivability to do more damage (probably only really applicable in the light deficit type stuff), a safe general bet is resil and disc, for a number of reasons. Or builds that rely on cooldowns for uptime like some crazy hunter dodge thing where you don’t have a melee mechanic to refund it or something and you want to run high mobility for instance. Idk, there are too many caveats and stuff but I stand by my general advice.

I personally suck at surviving so instead of “learning to play,” and taking less risks, I just crutch forever on resil and survival type builds, so I don’t really lean into the glass cannon stuff that some people do, so take this with a grain of salt, maybe our playstyles differ.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Here's the part where I shamefully admit I rarely wear an exotic.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Here's the part where I shamefully admit I rarely wear an exotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Well there's the main reason to have different armour sets lol

You get an exotic that you're working with and the other bits get picked around that for the stats. That's basically it. If you never run exotics or only ever run neutral ones then yeah, just have a set of armour and shard everything else.