Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe Carol's buff half sister is letting her borrow it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Iman Vellani is going to carry this loving movie and I am here for it.

With things moving ahead with SWORD, and the X-Men coming eventually, I really wonder if we'll ever see Brand in the MCU and if she will be a big deal or not.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Yeah I looked at the brief clip of the fight and what I thought was the villain mimicking the trio's abilities (why I thought it was a spin on a super-skrull) was her using a Bangle and being a really strong Kree as they sometimes are.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

AngryBooch posted:

So SWORD has been rebranded to SABRE for PR reasons, love all the acronyms

It started with a bloody "S!"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

the bangles are actually mini-Infinity Gauntlets

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jamesman posted:

Iman Vellani is going to carry this loving movie and I am here for it.

With things moving ahead with SWORD, and the X-Men coming eventually, I really wonder if we'll ever see Brand in the MCU and if she will be a big deal or not.

There's still rumors Emilia Clarke's skrull character is posing as Brand.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

AngryBooch posted:

SWORD was the villainous org in WandaVision so it makes sense to rebrand after that. Also they were the Sentient Weapon Observation and Response Division. A little more sinister perhaps.

Could be that SWORD is for Earth and SABRE for space.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

What's the reason for friction between Monica and Carol? I can't remember.

Something to do with Carol "abandoning" her mom maybe?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Admiral Joeslop posted:

What's the reason for friction between Monica and Carol? I can't remember.

Something to do with Carol "abandoning" her mom maybe?

Pretty much.

Her mom got cancer, Carol left her on Earth, Monica got snapped, and her mom spent years alone and died with nobody because Carol didn't come back to Earth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's literally everything I wanted. It looks like a lot if fun. I'm figuring they're going to do the carol was always half kree and her muscle mommy half sister accuser is going to be a villain in at least part of the film.

Also I'd not ve surprised SABRE is a result of secret Invasion.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I watched the Marvels trailer muted this morning and thought it looked fun.

Just watched with sound on and almost squealed like a little girl. Iman Vellani's energy is downright infectious.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

site posted:

Maybe she IS Carol's half sister. She appears to have the 2nd wrist band, and that would link her to ms marvel and Carol.

badjohny fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 11, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
According to that plot leak from last year she is a gender swapped version of Emperor Dar Benn

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Blockhouse posted:

According to that plot leak from last year she is a gender swapped version of Emperor Dar Benn

They confirmed today in the official synopsis that she is Dar-Benn.

Daniel Ings is also listed as "Ty-Rone" who appears to be an original character and a Kree scientist.

Hopefully, his name will be pronounced like "Tyrone" because I want someone to yell about how they need to stop "The General of the Imperial Kree Army, Herald of the Supreme Intelligence, and Emperor Dar-Benn" and her partner "Tyrone."

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 11, 2023

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Kree names are ridiculous. I love comics.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They confirmed today in the official synopsis that she is Dar-Benn.

Daniel Ings is also listed as "Ty-Rone" who appears to be an original character and a Kree scientist.

Hopefully, his name will be pronounced like "Tyrone" because I want someone to yell about how they need to stop "The General of the Imperial Kree Army, Herald of the Supreme Intelligence, and Emperor Dar-Benn" and his partner "Tyrone."

"I think you'd better call Ty-Rone."

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

All the other Kree characters have gibberish and sci-fi sounding names when pronounced phonetically, so I am not sure why they made an original character whose name sounds like a regular human name when pronounced phonetically.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Parkingtigers posted:

Iman Vellani is like top 3 perfect casting for the MCU at this point, and this movie looks like So. Much. Fun. Can't wait to see her fangirling through the entire film.

it makes me sad that she will likely never share a movie or show with either Spider-Man

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it makes me sad that she Bruno will likely never share a movie or show with either Spider-Man

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

it makes me sad that she will likely never share a movie or show with either Spider-Man

I'll be very surprised if they don't meet during an Avengers movie. I bet she even figures out he's Peter Parker cause she's such a superfan.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

She will. Parker will be the older Avengers leader Spidey at some point, Miles and Kamala as the younger up-and-coming heroes. Lots of ways for them to overlap along the way.

I mostly want a girls night out episode with her and Kate Bishop and Yelena and Ant-Man's kid. Throw in an exasperated Jessica Jones as chaperone (which is the Danvers role in this movie it seems) and you've got comedy gold.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of funny to have a super serious trailer for a Nick Fury story and then a week later here he is doing goofy times.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Joe Fisto posted:

Kree names are ridiculous. I love comics.
I was doing some reading and apparently a former leader of the Kree Empire was someone called 'Clumsy Foulup'

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

It is kind of funny to have a super serious trailer for a Nick Fury story and then a week later here he is doing goofy times.

Part of the beauty of the MCU was that they would play around with genres.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

comic accurate baby

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

For all the criticisms of Phase 4 they basically laid a loud of groundwork with new characters people like and want to see interact. And I can’t imagine they won’t capitalize on that. Phase 4 was all the setup the same way Phase 1 was.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

apparently a lot must happen publicly in secret invasion for nick because he starts that series dead to the world and in the marvels he's so popular kamala is fangirling over him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

site posted:

apparently a lot must happen publicly in secret invasion for nick because he starts that series dead to the world and in the marvels he's so popular kamala is fangirling over him

Well Nick was a major public figure back to like Civil War and Kamala is a huge fan girl so she’d probably know him just from the old days pre Snap.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

STAC Goat posted:

Well Nick was a major public figure back to like Civil War and Kamala is a huge fan girl so she’d probably know him just from the old days pre Snap.

Yeah, Ned was pretty over-the-moon about being knocked out by Fury ('s Skrull impersonator).

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

site posted:

So long as she stops skipping leg day.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

That trailer was really charming! I'm looking forward to Brie Larson doing Face/Off shenanigans when playing Kamala Khan transformed into Carol Danvers. The glimpses of that we got in the trailer were very good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

FlamingLiberal posted:

I was doing some reading and apparently a former leader of the Kree Empire was someone called 'Clumsy Foulup'

He wasn't a Kree, though! He was a Space Pirate (which is apparently a race) and he was overthrown because he was... a clumsy foulup.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

He wasn't a Kree, though! He was a Space Pirate (which is apparently a race) and he was overthrown because he was... a clumsy foulup.

Isn’t that Christopher Summers though?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JordanKai posted:

That trailer was really charming! I'm looking forward to Brie Larson doing Face/Off shenanigans when playing Kamala Khan transformed into Carol Danvers. The glimpses of that we got in the trailer were very good.

I’m not getting that they’re transforming into each other, rather they’re trading places

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Space Pirate (which is apparently a race)

Someone's never played the Metroid games.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I really hope Jude Law has a Ben Kingsley-in-Shang-Chi style cameo in this.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Somebody really needs to tell Monica to stop messing with weird semi-transparent walls, it never seems to work out well for her

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TwoPair posted:

Somebody really needs to tell Monica to stop messing with weird semi-transparent walls, it never seems to work out well for her

twist villain incoming

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Soul Glo posted:

I’m not getting that they’re transforming into each other, rather they’re trading places

Yeah they are teleporting when they use their powers. That's why Danvers looks extra freaked out when she sees all the Captiain Marvel memorabilia on the walls in Khan's room, she probably is worried she's been kidnapped by a superpowered stalker or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1646278551120003072