Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
if you've got a better system for breaking 365.24 days into intermediate units i'm all ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
If anyone is interested I. Thread specific Simpsons memes , the Austhread has been dunking on my mother's hotsauce recipe and it's not bad

Starts around here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910734&pagenumber=1314&perpage=40&userid=0#post531100108

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

loquacius posted:

some number between 28 and 31 with no set pattern

Sorry your knuckles have no set pattern I guess :shrug:

Stephen Harper
Apr 13, 2011

Canada is a Northern European welfare state in the worst sense of the term, and very proud of it.

Jestery posted:

If anyone is interested I. Thread specific Simpsons memes , the Austhread has been dunking on my mother's hotsauce recipe and it's not bad

Starts around here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3910734&pagenumber=1314&perpage=40&userid=0#post531100108

fuckin :lol:

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Uncle Wemus you’ve done it again

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

if you've got a better system for breaking 365.24 days into intermediate units i'm all ears

𒄄

it was the style at the time
it's the children who are wrong

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Jestery posted:

Starts around here

:five:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

https://imgur.com/hZhXAm8.mp4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:dudsmile:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

pixaal posted:

Instead of solve the problem we kicked it down the road to 2038. The real thing is getting it to 64bit time which is good for another 200 billion years. Anything that can't have that updated though will forever be in 2038.

My favourite Y2K "solution" was just treating years 00 to 19 as 20xx. It meant that just about everyone involved with implementing it would have moved on or retired by the time it became relevant again and several companies were caught out by it in 2020. WWE2k20 would crash unless you set your system clock back to 2019.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Party Boat posted:

My favourite Y2K "solution" was just treating years 00 to 19 as 20xx. It meant that just about everyone involved with implementing it would have moved on or retired by the time it became relevant again and several companies were caught out by it in 2020. WWE2k20 would crash unless you set your system clock back to 2019.

Does that mean we finally get Mega Man?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Does that mean we finally get Mega Man?

Don't be fooled! It's just the regular date implementation with a stupid cheap hat! It still has all the formatting issues and systemic weaknesses it did before!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
12 months of 30 days with 5 or 6 days of hedonism at new year. Like the gods intended.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
13 months of 28 days and then one bonus day

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Wild EEPROM posted:

13 months of 28 days and then one bonus day

I hear Smarch has lousy weather though.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Twelve months of 28 days and one month of 29 days, so that the days of the week still cycle around year to year. In a leap year that month has 30 days.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Needs Pizza Time! music but goddamn that is perfect

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Sagebrush posted:

Twelve months of 28 days and one month of 29 days, so that the days of the week still cycle around year to year. In a leap year that month has 30 days.

Then that shifts the days enough that you have the annoying months where the first is on a saturday and it takes up a whole row on the calendar

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mike Stoklasa has really let himself go

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

oldmandon
Feb 10, 2004

OMG! It's OMD!
Holy poo poo :laffo:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The best part about that one is it works on many levels and could probably get you banned from certain dicksucking reddit communities

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

goatface posted:

12 months of 30 days with 5 or 6 days of hedonism at new year. Like the gods intended.

okay yeah this is the correct answer

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Not wearing a tie at all!
A tie at all!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Stupid casual formal Flanders!

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Thinking back on it, why was there so much blue shirt Bart (Blart) merchandise? Even when the show was several seasons in and everyone in the world knew he had a red shirt you kept seeing it.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

galagazombie posted:

Thinking back on it, why was there so much blue shirt Bart (Blart) merchandise? Even when the show was several seasons in and everyone in the world knew he had a red shirt you kept seeing it.

:eatpant:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

galagazombie posted:

Once the merchandising machine gets going they probably already had the whole pipeline set up and didn't consider it worth the hassle to change until they were updating the designs overall.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Tweak it just a little by flipping the panels so he is doing a backflip and bam, suddenly it's 411 memes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

here is my latest simpsons painting it is much more meme related

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Sid Vicious posted:

i enjoy the stink lines that burnt roast probably stinks real bad

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sid Vicious posted:

The ground looks like it's in isometric perspective.

Delightfully devilish!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/dailysimpsons/status/1646853308781416450?t=5iSm-4uGcAjg2KnPQubXjQ&s=19

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

happy steamed hams day to all who celebrate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider