Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sash! posted:

That's how you know they're the best of the best

They're not defender pilots..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Are TIE defenders canon

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

MechaX posted:

Are TIE defenders canon

Thrawn made them on/for/near lothal

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MechaX posted:

Are TIE defenders canon

Yeah they serve roughly the same function in Rebels as the Dark Troopers serve in Mando (Imperial weapons project pushed by the lead villain relying on resources plundered from the protagonist's home).

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Aiming for the fences with this one, but we are in that territory Shadow Droids

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Marsupial Ape posted:

Aiming for the fences with this one, but we are in that territory Shadow Droids

That's a cylon raider

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

MechaX posted:

Gideon: gently caress you Pallaeon and Hux; you know who the greatest threats are to us?! THE MANDALORIANS! (Because they’re trying to move in on Mandalore and I loving live here now, why didn’t I just snatch up the Beskar and leave)”

I don’t find this to be bad writing or anything like that, but I do find this as somewhat hilarious given that is probably the reason this was brought up at all lmao thrawn or no, what in the world kind of threat could 50 mandalorians pose to the mofference

The biggest thing Gideon can get his hands on is a busted old Arquitens that immediately got hijacked by four ladies and a buckethead. Pelly is probably cruising around with a whole wolfpack of Destroyers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MechaX posted:

Gideon: gently caress you Pallaeon and Hux; you know who the greatest threats are to us?! THE MANDALORIANS! (Because they’re trying to move in on Mandalore and I loving live here now, why didn’t I just snatch up the Beskar and leave)”

Gideon is probably supposed to be gathering that Beskar for their collective efforts, and possibly developing the Dark Troopers for same.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Gideon is probably supposed to be gathering that Beskar for their collective efforts, and possibly developing the Dark Troopers for same.

Also apparently heading up some R&D related to the whole "clone the Emperor" thing.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I have no doubt that each Imperial Warlord has their own stupid plot to back stab the others. They are living their best lives. Only Pelly and Hux are true believers.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Marsupial Ape posted:

I have no doubt that each Imperial Warlord has their own stupid plot to back stab the others. They are living their best lives. Only Pelly and Hux are true believers.

Exactly. They're all very dangerous warlords, but they're all also kinda losers.

Jerusalem, in the other thread posted:

Love that Gideon is basically running with a ORIGINAL CREATION DO NOT STEAL Boba Fett/Vader cosplay and THIS is his big plan to become the new head of a restored Empire :allears:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'm not really acquainted with the lore, but since this show is set before The Force Awakens, could some of them be working for Palpatine instead of Thrawn? Was Thrawn working for Palpatine? I really have no idea who Thrawn is, so maybe it's obvious who works for who. Could Gideon secretly be working with what will become The First Order, or someone else is? And could that be why he's kind of doing his own thing?

They could also all be together or some are working for themselves.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Great episode. I enjoyed the close up shots of the TIE bombers and interceptors in the hanger. The land-sail ship was great too, and the land-kraken that caused chaos. So, much, dorky mando tacticianing. And the hammed up sacrifice of Jon FavreauPaz Vizsla, kinda setting up his son to be the new kid Boba.

I am obviously here for Sir Mecha-Grogu, Knight of Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism, Keeper of Peace of Mandalore.

This particular iteration of lower Coruscant reminded me especially of Nar Shaddaa. I'm fine with no Nar Shaddaa if I get more lower Coruscant.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 13, 2023

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

ShowTime posted:

I'm not really acquainted with the lore, but since this show is set before The Force Awakens, could some of them be working for Palpatine instead of Thrawn? Was Thrawn working for Palpatine? I really have no idea who Thrawn is, so maybe it's obvious who works for who. Could Gideon secretly be working with what will become The First Order, or someone else is? And could that be why he's kind of doing his own thing?

They could also all be together or some are working for themselves.

Thrawn was an Imperial Grand Admiral who disappeared right at the beginning of the Rebellion, which is why the Council is waiting for his return. Hux being there means that the Council is already working with the First Order, as this would be post-Imperial exodus into the Unknown Regions and they formed the First Order there.

Hellbore fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Apr 13, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Is that Hux like his dad or something? Or a recast? I did recognize the name Hux but it wasn't the Hux from the movies, so I assumed it was someone else.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Was that The Hux or a relative?
I know it's been years our time but he looked much older than holo-prequil hux

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HootTheOwl posted:

His old man.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Hux_family

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Hux, constable.
Huxtable, if you will

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Yeah, Hux is loyal to Palpatine. Pelly is loyal to Thrawn. They’re they only ones doing proper Hydra poo poo. The rest are eccentric officers that discovered having no accountability is awesome. And capes. They discovered capes.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Yeah, Hux is loyal to Palpatine. Pelly is loyal to Thrawn. They’re they only ones doing proper Hydra poo poo. The rest are eccentric officers that discovered having no accountability is awesome. And capes. They discovered capes.

Truly Krennic was ahead of his time, a true visionary. He knew that capes increase your importance by at least double.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hellbore posted:

Truly Krennic was ahead of his time, a true visionary. He knew that capes increase your importance by at least double.

He's head of RnD, yes

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Hellbore posted:

Worked for Lando.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

HootTheOwl posted:

Hux, constable.
Huxtable, if you will

Is there no end to Cosby's crimes?!

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
They fly now?

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Also, LOL at that one warlord that said the citizens hate the tedious laws and regulations of the NR. Lady…the Empire was a literal bureaucratic machine lubricated with the suffering of sentients.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Marsupial Ape posted:

Also, LOL at that one warlord that said the citizens hate the tedious laws and regulations of the NR. Lady…the Empire was a literal bureaucratic machine lubricated with the suffering of sentients.

are we the baddies?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Marsupial Ape posted:

Imperials advertising themselves as the party of small government.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Marsupial Ape posted:

Was just coming to post this, lmao

"Rules and regulations. Like ... laws saying you can't murder people"

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

That was really dull, sheesh. I don't think I'm gonna be returning for the next season, I can't see the last episode leaving me very interested in where any of this is going.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

HootTheOwl posted:

Hux's dad as played by Domhnall Gleeson's brother

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
perhaps it is Huux

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Babus Hux

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wes Chatham being cast hopefully means Frankie Adams isn't far behind. Adult Omega or something, I don't know, she's cool, give her a paycheck!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Jerusalem posted:

Wes Chatham being cast hopefully means Frankie Adams isn't far behind. Adult Omega or something, I don't know, she's cool, give her a paycheck!

Frankie Adams deserves to be in a Star War.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
Unrelated, but PixelJoker fixing Palpatine so he doesn't look like Barbara Cartland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIdWKNYnlc

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can this show please not end with some sort of link to the sequel trilogy? Can it just like, ret-con all of that out of Star Wars?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Can this show please not end with some sort of link to the sequel trilogy?

Have you ever watched a Star War

There is less than zero chance they're not going to do that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It'll end with a teaser for the next show to tell the next story in the Filoni-verse because it was decided by someone that he should be the heir to the Star Wars Empire.

I've got nothing against Filoni making shows and sequels to his shows. I just wish we got more stuff that wasn't tying together and making everything part of his web of storylines.

Give me more Andors and more Visions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I said come in! posted:

Can this show please not end with some sort of link to the sequel trilogy? Can it just like, ret-con all of that out of Star Wars?

"So Project Necromancer is goi..... what's that noise?"
far in the background you can hear blaster fire, screams, and "No. No. No. No. No. No."