Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Filthy Hans posted:

how many of them will believe Newton's Second Law doesn't apply to Claymores because of CoD

just put an era brick between you and the claymore and you should be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Return to tradition

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

Chackmates?!

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Sailors are bad at spelling I guess

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
ohhh an australian civil war, that’s a new wrinkle in lmao maps

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

crikey!

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

i swear everyone on reddit hasn't realized that vietnam's not going to align with the west when they could just maintain neighborly relations with their fraternal comrades across the border instead

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I’m no fun at post-WWII/future alternate history map parties because all I can ever do is point out how if X invaded Y the nukes would fly and there would be no map.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 75 days!

having the time of my life with this

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

how many of them will believe Newton's Second Law doesn't apply to Claymores because of CoD

There is a photo of an Australian troop with one strapped to his head and it's well established that Australians are at the cutting edge of being loving stupid

There is no key for teal so I'm trying to work out if Greenland is a vassal of Brazil or saudi

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Slavvy posted:

There is a photo of an Australian troop with one strapped to his head and it's well established that Australians are at the cutting edge of being loving stupid

There is no key for teal so I'm trying to work out if Greenland is a vassal of Brazil or saudi

The Greenlandic shadow state rules all, unseen

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Blarghalt posted:

The Greenlandic shadow state rules all, unseen

the return of secret Denmark

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
Secrets are safu...

https://twitter.com/shaneharris/status/1646326727872749576?s=20

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Frosted Flake posted:

Sailors are bad at spelling I guess

it's part of their charm

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Why didn’t Ardennes ever tell us they were in the Navy?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

maybe the navy should pay up for Super Hornet 2 Turbo instead

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Turtle Watch posted:

Why didn’t Ardennes ever tell us they were in the Navy?

:drat:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Slavvy posted:

More like you can only recruit from the population you have and if you have a hosed up sick society you'll have a correspondingly hosed up sick recruiting pool

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Danann posted:

i swear everyone on reddit hasn't realized that vietnam's not going to align with the west when they could just maintain neighborly relations with their fraternal comrades across the border instead

It's wild, maybe it has to do with how many goods Vietnam exports to the west because liberalism is incapable of learning from history.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

That doesn't apply to the F-35 B/C or the Harrier though, which have even worse rates. Also, availability doesn't mean completely combat ready either.

The US has numerous carriers on paper, but really can only put a couple in one place at one time. The lower the number of combat ready aircraft, the fewer fighters they will reliably be able to put in the air in a conflict. There is a pretty hard cap on how much damage the US Navy is going to do if they can't get their fighters in the air.

It is true, Chinese can only put so many aircraft in the air as well from their carriers, but they are only supplementary to their total airpower in the East China Sea. Most of their fighters are going to come from land-based airfields.

Also, drones are useful, but they really aren't one to one replaced with actual fighter superiority fighters at this point.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 14:17 on Apr 13, 2023

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

maybe the navy should pay up for Super Hornet 2 Turbo instead

gotta develop hyper flying edition first

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's wild, maybe it has to do with how many goods Vietnam exports to the west because liberalism is incapable of learning from history.

I think its because everyone is assuming a short war with China 40 years ago sticks out to the Vietnamese than a war of actual near genocide the US waged against them 50 years ago because we understate how monstrous the war is (see the anachist troop history podcaster saying Kill Everythint That Moves is bad history, because it makes the army look bad, and hes an "expert on genocide")

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Same goes for people saying Russia has legitimate reasons to fight with China.

I haven't even heard of any conflicts between USSR and PRC compared to constant mythologies of being invaded from the west for 400 years.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Lostconfused posted:

I haven't even heard of any conflicts between USSR and PRC compared to constant mythologies of being invaded from the west for 400 years.

They had some pretty sharp skirmishes that led to two Soviet doctrinal changes: automatic grenade launchers and issuing sleeping bags to their soldiers.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

That just shows how no one in the West actually understand what the Sino-Soviet split was about and if the Soviet had been less stupid about it could have easily been repaired, and well even than by the late 80s they were on their way to that, but it was too little too late by than

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

KomradeX posted:

That just shows how no one in the West actually understand what the Sino-Soviet split was about and if the Soviet had been less stupid about it could have easily been repaired, and well even than by the late 80s they were on their way to that, but it was too little too late by than

So what was the split about, and what could've helped repair that split?

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I’ll be living in an old folks home in minor China aligned Antarctica, where is sometimes gets cold enough that I have to put on a sweater.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I could believe Turkey being weakly pro China. maybe more if the matter of the Uyghurs is resolved according to Turkish wills.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Frosted Flake posted:

They had some pretty sharp skirmishes that led to two Soviet doctrinal changes: automatic grenade launchers and issuing sleeping bags to their soldiers.

Tell me about the sleeping bags.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

I could believe Turkey being weakly pro China. maybe more if the matter of the Uyghurs is resolved according to Turkish wills.

The numbers from Iraq have to be massively skewed surely

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

mawarannahr posted:

why do they use a flag that looks like the indonesian for iran

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Megamissen posted:

why do they use a flag that looks like the indonesian for iran

The west is trying to erase Islam (green)

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Why would Iran be in the anti-China column?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

What the gently caress??

going to go out on a limb here and say it: being in the red army sounds bad

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Best Friends posted:

What the gently caress??

China didn't issue boots to some of their soldiers who besieged the US Army at the Chosin river gorge

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Tell me about the sleeping bags.

Best Friends posted:

What the gently caress??

Soviet soldiers were supposed to sleep in their greatcoats, which usually worked pretty well. However, during the March 1969 border skirmishes it got really cold at night, given the windswept terrain and everything. Some of the border guards were not very skilled at fieldcraft and apparently froze to death. After that, it was decided that issuing sleeping bags was less expensive in the long run than teaching soldiers the art of sleeping in greatcoats. That's not far off the reason the Russian army started issuing socks in the past decade, instead of the foot wraps.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

你用你拥有的军队去打仗,而不是你可能想要或希望在以后拥有的军队。

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Foot wraps are honestly better in a lot of rugged environments, but you need to know how to wrap properly and a lot of soldiers are dumber than their rifles, that kind of goes with every army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Someone has won a war due to superior foot care.