Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Zero_Grade posted:

Not sure why they throw two random Kraft singles on there, but besides that I'd crush it without hesitation.

:itwaspoo:

Kraft singles are amazing. But, the problem is people compare them to other cheeses. Yea, it's not as good as some cheeses. But, cooking is about combining flavours. I'd be pissy about a pizza covered in kraft instead of mozz, but mozzerella sucks butts for grilled cheese. Things have their places and Kraft makes a delicious thing that works as a melty bit of flavour. I love pepperjack, but it doesn't make a good grilled cheese unless mixed with some melty. That all said Velveta cheese logs are disgusting and I do hate myself for taking a huge bite from each one I buy, but it's still the best cheese to use as a base to make a dip.

CommonShore posted:

What :psyduck: me about that girl's heart attack red bull pump drink is that she seems to have disposable cups at home.

If you're pounding drinks down with a full red bull and 5hour in 5 mins I don't think planning for the future is on the priority list.
Like as, the thing to do is go to the store and buy a 4pack of Stacker 2s and any liquid you like. Next step is pour 3 oz of that drink into a glass and dump all 4 capsules of powder into it and then you drink it. Bam, less than five minutes and a nice twak until the chemicals set in and you need to lay down to avoid dying from a 140 idle pulse. Add a dash of sugar if feeling naughty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I didn't think Flavortown was an actual place

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

I mean it's just giant tapioca in soup/stew. Solid would drink phò boba.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

nesamdoom posted:

If you're pounding drinks down with a full red bull and 5hour in 5 mins I don't think planning for the future is on the priority list.
Like as, the thing to do is go to the store and buy a 4pack of Stacker 2s and any liquid you like. Next step is pour 3 oz of that drink into a glass and dump all 4 capsules of powder into it and then you drink it. Bam, less than five minutes and a nice twak until the chemicals set in and you need to lay down to avoid dying from a 140 idle pulse. Add a dash of sugar if feeling naughty.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

It looks like a black-and-white image with a color overlay, but they only had the budget for one color, so it ended up looking an outtake from the 1950s version of The Blob. Feel like the scan of this card is really underselling the existential horror contained therein

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I used to start bar shifts with a Red Bull on the rocks with up to a shot of Angostura tossed in. When I worked a taproom with an in-house Gose on tap and the drinking policy on shift was "don't gently caress up" I'd occasionally throw a 5 hour into a pint.

That woman is addled.

Did see a bottle of something by Torani on the shelf, though. They make a solid orgeat, but it's definitely not sugar-free

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

I have put cranberry sauce on hot dogs before (I was very high). You need to balance out the tartness with the spicy vinegar kick of brown mustard and sliced pickled jalapenos, but it was amazing at the time..

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

UwUnabomber posted:

I committed a food crime...

That's Sweet Baby Ray's.

:sigh: I'm hungry and I have all of those.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

nesamdoom posted:

mozzerella sucks butts for grilled cheese.

I would take a tomato pesto and mozzarella panini over a poo poo American cheese toastie every day of the week

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Butterfly Valley posted:

I would take a tomato pesto and mozzarella panini over a poo poo American cheese toastie every day of the week
Same, but also I would add a slice of tomato to the classic grilled cheese before I'd add poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lost it when the grater appeared.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

I'm confused. Is this all for this woman's own personal consumption or does she have an energy drink side hustle? One is OK, the other not so much.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
what happens if you get too many addons:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I am baffled by the idea that you would have so much extra time and money as to amass a collection of "straw charms"

I am baffled by the existence of "straw charms" in general

And I am someone who has a ton of cute plushies so it's not that I don't get that I just...

Straw charms? More than one? Many of them? Today's choice is huggy wuggy? Okay just checking in

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CzarChasm posted:

I'm confused. Is this all for this woman's own personal consumption or does she have an energy drink side hustle? One is OK, the other not so much.

The latest dumb Tiktok nutrition craze is people "spicing up" their drinks by putting absurd amounts of flavor syrup into them. Usually I've seen it as water, to imply it's """"healthy"""", but knowing there's a looney toon who does it with Red Bull and 5 Hour Energy is maybe the least surprising thing.

I'm about 50/50 on if people are really drinking their own homemade kool-aid on this or if it's another "washed-up magician orchestrating massive food waste" scenario.

tl;dr: the intent is that she is drinking it herself, potentially with the implication that it is for personal health reasons.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

LifeSunDeath posted:

what happens if you get too many addons:

i feel like the pizza place did their best in the face of a bad situation there.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

KataraniSword posted:

The latest dumb Tiktok nutrition craze is people "spicing up" their drinks by putting absurd amounts of flavor syrup into them. Usually I've seen it as water, to imply it's """"healthy"""", but knowing there's a looney toon who does it with Red Bull and 5 Hour Energy is maybe the least surprising thing.

I'm about 50/50 on if people are really drinking their own homemade kool-aid on this or if it's another "washed-up magician orchestrating massive food waste" scenario.

tl;dr: the intent is that she is drinking it herself, potentially with the implication that it is for personal health reasons.
I don't know why we'd doubt it's for consumption. The energy drink wars have basically caused the same thing as a red bull mixed with a 5hr and syrup to be sold in a can on the shelf.

I can't believe I'm explaining actually it's the syrup bar that's the weird part, plenty of consumer products to get mild vitamin b and caffeine poisoning.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
did this drink thing metastasize from mormon tiktok, they've got a really wild beverage culture going out there.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

did this drink thing metastasize from mormon tiktok, they've got a really wild beverage culture going out there.

Isn't caffeine off limits to Mormons? That's why they drink barley water instead of coffee?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Killingyouguy! posted:

Isn't caffeine off limits to Mormons? That's why they drink barley water instead of coffee?

yeah, they arnen't going to be pounding red bulls, i was mostly thinking of the madness of a 30 bottle deep "syrup bar."

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

hallo spacedog posted:

I am baffled by the idea that you would have so much extra time and money as to amass a collection of "straw charms"

I am baffled by the existence of "straw charms" in general

And I am someone who has a ton of cute plushies so it's not that I don't get that I just...

Straw charms? More than one? Many of them? Today's choice is huggy wuggy? Okay just checking in

It's a weird thing to exist, but I don't think it'd be very expensive. They're tiny, amazon sells them in packs of 16-30 for :10bux:. Maybe it can add up over time, but it's very small potatoes so far as hobby expenses go.

Killingyouguy! posted:

After a light google search, apparently mormon scripture specifically banned "hot drinks" but was referring to coffee and tea, so caffeinated soda could be a loophole.

Although something being scripturally banned doesn't mean that people of that religion don't take part in it. There's different branches of religion and different levels of orthodoxy. There's a lot of mixed opinions on various drugs in Islam, and even though most muslims are against alcohol, there are still some groups that make exceptions without rejecting the religion as a whole.

Better than the Mormon workarounds for sex outside of marriage.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the charms are meant for party situations where you've got a bunch of drinks sitting around and you don't want to accidentally grab someone else's drink. having a drawer full of the things just for your solo Bev-sessions is psychotic though.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

uber_stoat posted:

the charms are meant for party situations where you've got a bunch of drinks sitting around and you don't want to accidentally grab someone else's drink. having a drawer full of the things just for your solo Bev-sessions is psychotic though.

This makes a lot more sense but glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's bonkers to have a ton for just like your own personal daily sugar free weirdo drink

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

uber_stoat posted:

See, this is part of why I thought it might be a side business. Because you have 100s of flavor bottles, and what looked like maybe a small scale commercial ice maker, and stacks of disposable straws and cups. And the drawers full of teeny-tiny "straw charms", which kind of look like "croc charms" but on a plastic loop instead of a pin. It's of a scale too big for one person, but small enough to be manageable as a quirky treat stand. Like a boba tea specific food truck or something.

I mean, 1 can of Red Bull is usually less than $2, 5 hour energy is about the same, toss in a cup with a few pumps of sugar syrup, put it all over ice and top with a plastic cartoon character trinket and you can probably get $6-$8 a pop at a farmer's market or outdoor event, and I'd say that's on the low end. If you want a kiddie version, use sparkling water or sprite instead of the energy drinks, which boosts your potential profits.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/427212053623865344/1095062913355624479/redditsave.com_goofy_ahh_food-lcscm3r96cx91-360.mp4

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CzarChasm posted:

See, this is part of why I thought it might be a side business. Because you have 100s of flavor bottles, and what looked like maybe a small scale commercial ice maker, and stacks of disposable straws and cups. And the drawers full of teeny-tiny "straw charms", which kind of look like "croc charms" but on a plastic loop instead of a pin. It's of a scale too big for one person, but small enough to be manageable as a quirky treat stand. Like a boba tea specific food truck or something.

I mean, 1 can of Red Bull is usually less than $2, 5 hour energy is about the same, toss in a cup with a few pumps of sugar syrup, put it all over ice and top with a plastic cartoon character trinket and you can probably get $6-$8 a pop at a farmer's market or outdoor event, and I'd say that's on the low end. If you want a kiddie version, use sparkling water or sprite instead of the energy drinks, which boosts your potential profits.

that makes so much more sense than "psycho syrup lady who built a wing on her house for her treats."

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

uber_stoat posted:

that makes so much more sense than "psycho syrup lady who built a wing on her house for her treats."

On the other hand, 'pantry tour' youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv00JlRexgE

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

uber_stoat posted:

Therefore given we live in hell world it is absolutely psycho syrup lady

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Have y'all never seen a Dutch Bros or anything before? All their non-coffee drinks are like red bulls with insane amount of flavor syrups in them, all my coworkers are drinking them constantly.

I think these crazy beverage ladies are just homebrewing dutch bros.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
And there I was, feeling guilty about having four different types of cereal in my pantry. That stuff can feed a medium-sized hotel with breakfasts for a week. And you know what, maybe it does.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

big dyke energy posted:

Have y'all never seen a Dutch Bros or anything before? All their non-coffee drinks are like red bulls with insane amount of flavor syrups in them, all my coworkers are drinking them constantly.

I think these crazy beverage ladies are just homebrewing dutch bros.

Yeah she’s just making Red Bull spritzers, every coffee stand I’ve seen sells them

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Mr. Chi-City already perfected the art form 15 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBRL7D0wcXM

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The cupcakes would be ok, minus the radishes. Carrot cake and sweet zucchini bread are already a thing.

Change the black beans for sweet red beans, and maybe the brownies would work.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Change the black beans for sweet red beans, and maybe the brownies would work.
The bean brownies work fine. I made them years ago and the beans just kinda disappear. A rich/sweet brownie mix would mask them.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If you can taste the beans, it's a waste of brownies. If you can't, it's a waste of beans.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

can you imagine getting like paid af off youtube for just buying bullshit at the container store...like wtf.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Ror posted:

All that cereal and all those drinks but no milk.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Ror posted:

I love this video. Any time me or my friends get a raise i will drop 'get money, get paid' and no-one knows what the gently caress i'm talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dweltstorm
Apr 11, 2023