Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I don't think I've ever seen a woman admire Musk before. Logically I knew they must exist, but it's still strange to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Won't someone please think of the Billionaire Holocaust?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zQpN28xa4

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Radio Paranoia posted:

This is not the richest man in the world!

This is just a tribute...

Want to see people pay tribute to the once-richest man in the world? Just Google "Elon Musk Tribute" make sure safe search is off so the state run media bots can't see your search!

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Ok on a purely aesthetic reason, I dig the image of a mars bigwig having an office with martian sand as the floor

It's really dumb, but it is pretty cool

That is all

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

grittyreboot posted:

I don't think I've ever seen a woman admire Musk before. Logically I knew they must exist, but it's still strange to me.

To be fair, most women haven't met Elon Musk. In fact, nobody has spent more than five minutes near musk without gouging their eyes out with salad forks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I saw the funniest and saddest thing in a comment from one of Elon's tweets a few pages back; "Why will nobody think of the smallest minority of all; The individual! :qq:"

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oh, I think of it daily.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Tribute.avi, Musk edition is something I can get behind.

Not so much the hoping he suicides from a few pages ago. Let's avoid suicide jokes, even when it comes to Elmo, okay? Thank you in advance.

Counterpoint: gently caress Elon Musk, and gently caress everyone who likes Elon Musk

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/afshineemrani/status/1646261642056052739

Thank you, Mr. Musk, sir, and it would be an honor to pay even more for the privilege of using your site

I guess the dumb poo poo really thinks he's laying some kind of massive own on the NPR, because he keeps posting and reposting his milquetoast burns over and over and over again.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
nothing sums up Elon's business genius quite as succinctly as his purchase of Twitter and subsequent, concerted effort to drive off advertisers and journalists

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Klyith posted:

We sat by the launchpad
We spoke of news and hate
Although I wasn't mad
He said I was irate
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
"I've got so many loans
and I may die alone"

Oh no, not me
I'll never go unheard
You're face to face
With the man who bought the bird

I laughed and shook his hand
and thought of how I'd gloat
All journos should be banned
For hours and hours I post
I gaze in sad defeat
At all the million tweets
"You've got so many loans
and you will die alone"

Oh yes, it's me
I'll never go unheard
You're face to face
With the man who bought the bird

:golfclap:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!

gschmidl posted:

Oh, I think of it daily.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Twitter is already insolvent, musk knows it, and he is coming securities fraud by representing otherwise in employee stock compensation.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Did Elon fire the QA team or something? Did he decide a Dev and Test environments weren't necessary? Did he see some clickbait article about how some other company is pushing updates every 30 seconds and decide "I should do that" and is just rushing everything through at breakneck speed?
Yes, literally. Also he's been mandating "hardcore" Twitter devs do poo poo like release major site updates on the coming Saturday.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Why are there still "hardcore" Twitter devs? It's been enough time for most of them to seek employment elsewhere, surely? Or are they really drinking the kool aid and saying "this is fine" every day?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Saoshyant posted:

Why are there still "hardcore" Twitter devs? It's been enough time for most of them to seek employment elsewhere, surely? Or are they really drinking the kool aid and saying "this is fine" every day?

H-1B Visa workers with no other options.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Saoshyant posted:

As has been said, visas

Also, sunk cost fallacy/delusional thinking for many of the people still there

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Lmao. I’m sure this is going to go just great

https://twitter.com/watcherguru/status/1646449804535373824?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yup, I’m gonna trust a service that won’t let me reply to posts for my investment money.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
That's just on brand for x.com, financial software with no transactional security

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Twitter is a tech company employing tech workers, I'm sure a bunch of them are themselves cryptobros who are on Musk's wavelength. And beyond that there probably are also twitter employees who actually care about twitter and aren't willing to just abandon it if they can fight to save it, even if it means dealing with the world's biggest rear end in a top hat as a boss.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

quote:

Twitter users will soon be able to trade stocks, crypto, and other assets directly via the social media platform, thanks to a partnership with eToro. According to a CNBC report, the new feature will roll out on the Twitter application on Thursday, April 14.

Today is Thursday, April 13th so this is already going well

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Azhais posted:

That's just on brand for x.com, financial software with no transactional security

I thought the x.com brand was defending humanity from space aliens

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

YF-23 posted:

And beyond that there probably are also twitter employees who actually care about twitter

lol and indeed lmao at these hypothetical losers

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

One app for everything, that never works and no one uses.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There will probably be people still living at Twitter HQ when the company fails. The next tenants will think the place is haunted because of the weird sounds in the walls and the way food disappears from fridges when no one is in the office.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

ELON WHERE ARE MY COINS I CLICKED THE LINK

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Went a bit under the radar, but it looks like PBS also stopped using their Twitter account in protest a few days ago, starting on the 8th - https://www.axios.com/2023/04/12/pbs-twitter-government-funded-label

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

YF-23 posted:

Twitter is a tech company employing tech workers, I'm sure a bunch of them are themselves cryptobros who are on Musk's wavelength. And beyond that there probably are also twitter employees who actually care about twitter and aren't willing to just abandon it if they can fight to save it, even if it means dealing with the world's biggest rear end in a top hat as a boss.

Twitter is a subsidiary of an X.com holding company

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
So you won’t even need to direct people to trading platforms for your fake verified account pump and dump scheme? How convenient!

I assume the etoro tie-in is just using an api for their exchange… I hope we get to see some fun bugs in their rush-to-market implementation.

Welcome to the eToro API portal! (Alpha)
Yep, I’m sure this will be fine. An api in alpha and a rush to implement it an increasingly buggy twitter.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

DRINK ME posted:

Yep, I’m sure this will be fine. An api in alpha and a rush to implement it an increasingly buggy twitter.

There was a cartoon mascot that had an appropriate catchphrase for this situation. Probably public domain Mickey Mouse. Or Bubsy. One or the other.

Anyway, can't wait :allears:

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Hahaha, was on Ben Collins' account page and saw this:

Great job, Mr. Musk. Just doing such good work not breaking your own site.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Went a bit under the radar, but it looks like PBS also stopped using their Twitter account in protest a few days ago, starting on the 8th - https://www.axios.com/2023/04/12/pbs-twitter-government-funded-label

it's important to know that elon is also very not mad about that
https://twitter.com/bestofdyingtwit/status/1646395526601117698

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All my eXs... gone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Isn't this gonna run them afoul of like all the financial regulations?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

DRINK ME posted:

So you won’t even need to direct people to trading platforms for your fake verified account pump and dump scheme? How convenient!

I assume the etoro tie-in is just using an api for their exchange… I hope we get to see some fun bugs in their rush-to-market implementation.

Can't be a ~xxx~disrupter~xxx~ if you don't disrupt things.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Even StockTwits, a site wholly dedicated to performing market manipulation via tweeting, isn't stupid enough to attempt that integration.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

LOL, Elon's going to trigger a financial collapse

Kale
May 14, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

the current conservative party leader is a wiener who lives online and wanted to get canada into crypto
https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1645904023726309377

This guy is just literally constant antics and a complete loving joke. Like deeply unserious politician

Kale
May 14, 2010

run on sentience posted:

Peepee is such a loving loser, and I'm glad. The CPC basically guaranteed their loss in the next election, no one likes this guy. It's one pathetic little lying twerp manlet after another they keep choosing to lead. They might as well give that one really sad sickly republican guy who lives off fast food gift cards the job next.

Unless Trudeau steps aside and PP actually has to campaign on something that isn't just harnessing frothing rage against Trudeau over some stuff he's unfortunately probably going to get a minority government off of Trudeaus sagging popularity and being able to focus people on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
Hahaha

https://twitter.com/BobbyAllyn/status/1646195092661891072?cxt=HHwWgMDTkeDtutgtAAAA