Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
What could possibly go wrong?

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1646499648062775296

Twitter is also moving forward with their plan from last year to raise revenue by being a payment processor and having people link their bank accounts to their Twitter profile.

Another idea that will surely not have any downside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Iron Crowned posted:

This thread sucks now

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao @ the probe reason

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk ftw.

Ack! This got lost on the last page.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Twitter is also moving forward with their plan from last year to raise revenue by being a payment processor and having people link their bank accounts to their Twitter profile.

"We regret to inform you everyone's banking information was stored in an excel file from 2003, and"

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

i cant believe he is going to make twitter even funnier, how is that even possible

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Wow!

Charts!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao @ the probe reason

Lol irl

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao @ the probe reason

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
i love charts

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

ftw

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

If you ever look up a stock ticker on Twitter, it’s just nonstop botspam to a Discord lmao

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

If you ever look up a stock ticker on Twitter, it’s just nonstop botspam to a Discord lmao

what is it with degenerate losers and discord

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

is this a bit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Iron Crowned posted:

This thread sucks now

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Iron Crowned posted:

This thread sucks now

Elon Musk, and dogs, ftw.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Iron Crowned posted:

This thread sucks now

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk, and dogs, ftw.

A dog rules over twitter now. Things are great

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

what is it with degenerate losers and discord

Because it's the only place where they can truly have a modicum of power where they can invite only like-minded people in and just eject anyone they dislike from their group.

So really it's just a place for folks that got exhiled from Reddit, 4chan and all other sites out there.

Good thing that Elon Musk is changing Twittter to be far more inclusive for everybody again 😀

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

oh gently caress me, thanks elon, great stuff. i am a compliance officer at a financial firm and clowns are 100% going to log on and buy stocks and later be like "hey i did this stock thing on twitter is this ok" no, mf, it isn't

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

19 o'clock posted:

i love charts

Charts AND ads for Gizmos! Two great things, together at last

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I look forward to musk urging people to try options before learning what they are

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Musk is just going to pump Tesla (and probably something like Gamestop for epic memes) and wiggle out of any legal poo poo that comes from telling people to buy a stock.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

:letsgo:

it really is astounding how quickly and completely musk has run twitter into the ground. we live in very funny times

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

nikosoft posted:

Charts AND ads for Gizmos! Two great things, together at last

the innovation i crave!

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Iron Crowned posted:

This thread sucks now

Not enough charts.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
goons asking you to join their discord are people who aren’t mods who desperately want to be mods. they want you to go to the place where they are a mod. they also probably want to use fun gamer words and generally be bigots but can’t here.

it’s very normal and cool. like Elon musk

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Discord ftw.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

Sickening posted:

goons asking you to join their discord are people who aren’t mods who desperately want to be mods. they want you to go to the place where they are a mod. they also probably want to use fun gamer words and generally be bigots but can’t here.

it’s very normal and cool. like Elon musk

imagine caring about any of this poo poo, like what is going on in your life where you think "hmm this sounds good and want more of this, gameing ftw. semper games", like is new registration on kiwi farms closed or something

elon musk

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
discord has pretty much taken over for all the old messaging and voice clients. it's not like reddit or 4chan. it's like irc/pidgin/trillian/ventrilo/teamspeak etc. asking why all the degenerates are on it is like asking why all the degenerates are on google chrome.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
discord sucks poo poo though. it makes a shitload of information that used to be on forums unsearchable and it's going to end up all getting lost forever some time

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

yeah well running a forum is 1000x harder than running a discord server so

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
instead spending time on discord perhaps that time could be better spent with friends and family, you know, like your husband/wife and your kids and people irl who care about you

elno musk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Cuttlefush posted:

discord sucks poo poo though. it makes a shitload of information that used to be on forums unsearchable and it's going to end up all getting lost forever some time

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

Only idiot Elon simps will use that so if they lose money :shrug:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
elon sir if you are reading this thread then please buy discord

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

discord has pretty much taken over for all the old messaging and voice clients. it's not like reddit or 4chan. it's like irc/pidgin/trillian/ventrilo/teamspeak etc. asking why all the degenerates are on it is like asking why all the degenerates are on google chrome.

When I started using trillian was when I realized how much of a loser I was and that I deserved to be made fun of and have very few friends.

It can connect MSN and AIM together! Why aren't my classmates using this?!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

When I started using trillian was when I realized how much of a loser I was and that I deserved to be made fun of and have very few friends.

It can connect MSN and AIM together! Why aren't my classmates using this?!

Ur not kewl unless you have a six digit icq number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1646540130730098690?t=VeAtodVttM_48UqSwmZJSQ&s=19