Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it seems pretty clear that the humans are the aggressors because the hell lord would never do anything wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The demons are so inherently nice they don't even understand what war or torture mean, they're just playing along with the humans because they seem really into it.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

What is even going on with the war? It seems like the demons are taking it significantly less seriously than the humans

I'm still of the theory that the whole war is an elaborate larp between both the human and demon factions and that there's a demon prince enduring an "Inquisition" no different than what the princess is undergoing, but both think it's legit.

doomrider7 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 14, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
honestly "the king and demon king both have a kind of super bored dependent so they agreed to manufacture an epic war to give them endless excitement" kinda fits

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Hello thread! Just poking my head back in because some folks mentioned it a while back, but I've finally gotten to the end of Gyaru and Cthulhu with my translation, so if you were waiting till it was done to give it a look now's a good time.

TBQH I'm not super excited about how it finished - book 3 took a hard turn into narrative drama versus gag-a-day wackiness, but I suppose that with a premise so thin there wasn't too much other choice, and props to the author for realizing that and actually finishing the thing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Giant Ethicist posted:

Hello thread! Just poking my head back in because some folks mentioned it a while back, but I've finally gotten to the end of Gyaru and Cthulhu with my translation, so if you were waiting till it was done to give it a look now's a good time.

TBQH I'm not super excited about how it finished - book 3 took a hard turn into narrative drama versus gag-a-day wackiness, but I suppose that with a premise so thin there wasn't too much other choice, and props to the author for realizing that and actually finishing the thing.

It does feel a tad abrupt an ending. I honestly expected more to follow once we entered into this recent drama but I also can't say the story ended in a really unsatisfying way. Still, a nice ride and Thank you for translating it.

I do love the Innsmouth crew being recurring characters.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Giant Ethicist posted:

thanks for the work. the comic was a fun read even if with the ending being what it was. the little backstory thing in the epilogue chapter was kind of cute though and overall a decent series

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I'm glad it got a real ending even if they did run out of jokes before then

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I loved it thank you

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
New Shimeji Simulation
This one as well is NSFW.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
shimeji simulation is such an incredible manga.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
This evokes dread.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Terry van Feleday posted:

shimeji simulation is such an incredible manga.

tkmiz is a genius

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shadows House 160

Dang that is some nice effective panel work

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So Patrick has some sort of empathy soot power?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

RatHat posted:

So Patrick has some sort of empathy soot power?

Seems like it yeah.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Demon Mom has, finally, been completely scanlated, barring a few bonus chapters.

I loved this series. Very cute series, an interesting world, an interesting conflict, great epilogue(aka victory lap). Loved most of the characters, and even if the art is rough at times, the designs are also great, the author certainly has A Type. I like that the demons mostly basically have Rathalos wings on their hips. :v:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Captain Invictus posted:

Demon Mom has, finally, been completely scanlated, barring a few bonus chapters.

I loved this series. Very cute series, an interesting world, an interesting conflict, great epilogue(aka victory lap). Loved most of the characters, and even if the art is rough at times, the designs are also great, the author certainly has A Type. I like that the demons mostly basically have Rathalos wings on their hips. :v:

Gospel is a good kid.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Throwing us the barest Merii/Chii crumbs all the way to the end, the author is the real demon here.

Aggro mom Mare and domestic dad Drake are good tho.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 14, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so glad it's finally done and I can just sit down and read the entire thing front to back. Sheesh did it take forever to get translated.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Holy moly I think I fell off that one years ago when there were like 20 chapters out.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
It was a long road to completion but I'm glad Demon Mom finally got a proper resolution.

Alfred is a good kid but he needs to eat his veggies.

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Good to know her weirdly shaped mouth-beak is genetic.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bybus Slago posted:

Good to know her weirdly shaped mouth-beak is genetic.
and it's actually weirdly cute when not on a psycho in a gothic lolita dress(final volume extras + afterword)

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 16, 2023

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I guess having two kids is a good excuse for a 7 year hiatus

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1648969312260980737?s=20

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

The final chapter of Useless Ponko.
Pretty good series, I enjoyed it.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

sinky posted:

I guess having two kids is a good excuse for a 7 year hiatus

https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1648969312260980737?s=20

Man I remember this one. Honestly thought it got axed, but MAN was that a long hiatus. Great news to hear though.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
big reveal in Vivarium de Choushoku wo, made me start re-reading it from the beginning, it had seemed pretty unfocused until that but looks like Dowman has an actual plan

https://mangadex.org/title/1f6b847c-d1ba-4a1b-a5f8-b1891c4ba470/vivarium-de-choushoku-wo

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Oh poo poo, I didn't know Dowman Sayman had a new manga out.

I think 'feels unfocused but all comes together at the end' is pretty MO for him, though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Leraika posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't know Dowman Sayman had a new manga out.

I think 'feels unfocused but all comes together at the end' is pretty MO for him, though.

TBF he has two https://mangadex.org/title/5fc26352-350e-4c09-9c58-f2c041cd430d/the-dungeon-that-kills-all-adventurers

TLDR its an isekai but in the way only Dowman can do

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nobody is safe from being isekai'd.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Dowman has such a unique and recognizable style.

(looking forward to someone telling me that it's not actually Dowman and collapsing into a cringe singularity)

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Elfface posted:

Nobody is safe from being isekai'd.

is this a mozart reference?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Soara and the Monsters Home

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Huzzah! posted:

The final chapter of Useless Ponko.
Pretty good series, I enjoyed it.

Never missed, didn't overstay it's premise, had heart, absolutely fine showing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

poo poo, i'm crazy jealous of that fictional character

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cute ending. Great way to end on a high note while also empowering the Cait Sith, timing the introduction of their superior agility right at the end. Their dad would be proud

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

new Shimeji Simulation

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Literature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I'm honestly impressed that tkmz still manages to pull off increasingly abstract pages.