Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Casual Encountess posted:

eid might be on 4/20 this year im pretty stoked

i hope my grandmanager brings in some treats during eid again now that we're rto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome

Casual Encountess posted:

my dude have you tried ramadan

not eating?? hahahaha absolutely not.

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

Chris Knight posted:

it's the 21st sorry

let me dream ok

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Cold on a Cob posted:

i hope my grandmanager brings in some treats during eid again now that we're rto

is… is that your manager’s manager??

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

madmatt112 posted:

is… is that your manager’s manager??

yes a few of us have been spreading the term over the past couple years. its pretty good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

better than "skip level"

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i've switched to "boss, grandboss, great grandboss" because "manager" is too many syllables

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

also it makes it sound like i have to defeat them, which is a little whimsy in an otherwise drab day

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you havent even seen my final form! <promotion to VP of Something>

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
so investment banks are boss rushes?

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

rotor posted:

i've switched to "boss, grandboss, great grandboss" because "manager" is too many syllables

yo i can get extremely behind this

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
is the boss of the other team your work uncle now

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

haveblue posted:

holy poo poo

can't wait to say "uncle boss twice removed" in a meeting now

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
while we finalize the merger, please prepare a briefing for your boss-in-law

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-IsF0OdpIQ

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
so that tech ceo that got murdered last week, that everyone leapt to assume was stabbed by some mentally ill homeless crackhead? a senseless random crime that was emblematic of san franciscos seemingly unstoppable slide into lawlessness? well it turns out that it was probably a fellow techie that did the slicing and the dicing

quote:

San Francisco police have made an arrest in the killing of the tech executive and Cash App creator Bob Lee, who was fatally stabbed last week in a crime that sent shock waves through the city and the tech industry.

Law enforcement officers made an arrest early Thursday morning in nearby Emeryville, Mission Local reported. The suspect in the case, Nima Momeni, appears to work in tech and reportedly knew Lee, according to the outlet, which was the first to report on the development.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/13/bob-lee-killing-suspect-arrested-san-francisco

quote:

According to a LinkedIn profile, Momeni is the owner of tech consulting firm Expand IT based in Emeryville and has been since 2010. Before that, Momeni worked in IT for several years at various companies. Momeni attended UC Berkeley, according to his LinkedIn profile.

Mission Local first reported Momeni’s arrest, reporting that the two were driving together through Downtown San Francisco before getting into an argument in the car leading up to Momeni stabbing Lee several times.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-killer-of-cash-app-founder-bob-lee/

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
you know, mission local is the first journalistic anything ive ever dealt w in my entire life thats had a signal to noise ratio of better than like 1:50. including other putatively local news

maybe matt levine if he counts as a journo

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

FMguru posted:

so that tech ceo that got murdered last week, that everyone leapt to assume was stabbed by some mentally ill homeless crackhead? a senseless random crime that was emblematic of san franciscos seemingly unstoppable slide into lawlessness? well it turns out that it was probably a fellow techie that did the slicing and the dicing

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/apr/13/bob-lee-killing-suspect-arrested-san-francisco

https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/what-we-know-about-the-alleged-killer-of-cash-app-founder-bob-lee/

this is such a perfect metaphor of sf. the rampant homeless are killing this city oh wait it was a tech guy

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
looks like it was a crypto guy

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

looks like it was a crypto guy

worse: a SAAS guy

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Stabbing As A Service

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Stabbing As A Service

threat title

typo intentional

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Stabbing As A Service

tech bubble: Stabbing As A Service

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Dude got aSAASinated

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

rotor posted:

also it makes it sound like i have to defeat them, which is a little whimsy in an otherwise drab day

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ-hM2gF9U

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

AnoHito posted:

mystes
May 31, 2006

FMguru posted:

Wow how terribly surprising

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

gonna go out on a limb and guess that there was some further dirt they were involved in [probably drugs]

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
the nationwide adderall shortage is really taking its toll on silicon valley

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AnoHito posted:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
there was that one exec who died from poison heroin from a hooker, wasnt there

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

FMguru posted:

the nationwide adderall shortage is really taking its toll on silicon valley

:stare:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2015/05/19/prostitute-pleads-guilty-to-involuntary-manslaughter-in-drug-death-of-google-exec/

just big dose of normal heroin it looks like

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
iirc she was linked to at least one prior "sat around and sipped wine while her client twitched and died in front of her" heroin overdose

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I keep hoping someday there will be some kind of reckoning for the massive stimulant abuse problem in tech but it's just as rife in other, much older industries [hollywood, finance traders, etc.]

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol that the stimulant programmers abuse is adderall. says a lot about dorkiness

probably for the best though

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

FMguru posted:

iirc she was linked to at least one prior "sat around and sipped wine while her client twitched and died in front of her" heroin overdose

tbf i bet carrying around narcan would be used as evidence of prostitutery and conspiracy to commit drug-doing or whatever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qirex posted:

I keep hoping someday there will be some kind of reckoning for the massive stimulant abuse problem in tech but it's just as rife in other, much older industries [hollywood, finance traders, etc.]

the massive reckoning will be making it harder and more expensive for people who actually need it to get it while having no effect on people who can pay techie salary money and you know it

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Shame Boy posted:

the massive reckoning will be making it harder and more expensive for people who actually need it to get it while having no effect on people who can pay techie salary money and you know it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Shame Boy posted:

what sucks is you know the facbook adderall pipeline is probably untouched while normal people can't get their actual medical needs met

I am curious what the valley dorks folks will do without, ephedrine? stronger stuff? because from what I've seen "just work sober" isn't an option for those folks