Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What?
Chicago is supposed to gay marry Atlanta, but instead married the democrats?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Not pictured: Trump saying "I promise that the United States will chop down this tree with this axe, guaranteed."

Skios posted:

Steve Breen

I agree, the US debt would get smaller if it protected itself against entitlement cuts.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Gee, Breen, and what are the “Entitlements” that’s should be cut?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Gee, Breen, and what are the “Entitlements” that’s should be cut?

Oh, you know. The ones...

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

I don't get it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

What?
Chicago is supposed to gay marry Atlanta, but instead married the democrats?

Chicago was chosen as the sight of the 2024 Democratic National Convention, despite online "experts" all assuming that Atlanta was going to be the obvious choice.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Moon Slayer posted:

Chicago was chosen as the sight of the 2024 Democratic National Convention, despite online "experts" all assuming that Atlanta was going to be the obvious choice.
I can barely stand to live so close to Kemp so I can't imagine the DNC putting up with it either.

Bringing the conference to any southern state probably would've been a massive security headache anyway.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Joe Biden’s visit to Northern Ireland — Joe Biden is not anti-British, one of his most senior aides has said in response to accusations by the former Democratic Unionist party leader Arlene Foster that the US president ‘hates the UK’"

Telegraph:

Cheers! Joe Biden makes a suprisingly gaffe-free intervention in delicate Northern Irish politics; Watch: Joe Biden makes gaffe during pub visit :ohdear: ; After Guinness.

Independent:

McDonald: Sinn Fein shares US foreign policy concerns but boycott ‘wrong choice’

Times:

Joe Biden ‘had the time of his life’ on first night in Ireland

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak plans autumn 2024 general election in hope of shock victory

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I don't get it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It is kinda pathetic that no cartoonists are taking the opportunity to do a fold-in

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Unironic use of "SJW" in 2023. Unbelievable.

quote:

Someone should show Stiglich some of Jaffee's fold-ins and see how he reacts.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Really want to know what Branco's take on the French riots is, I'm sure it's wild.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Angepain posted:

I don't get it
no ring

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Context: The norwegian government (here represented by the prime minister) wants to abolish the aupair service because it mainly has become a way for people to get cheap maids and nannies.

Context: The norwegian minister of agriculture is skeptical about new health guidelines that suggest that we should eat less meat.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Brawnfire posted:

It is kinda pathetic that no cartoonists are taking the opportunity to do a fold-in

Unsurprising though, fold-ins take effort and talent, the two things that political cartoonists lack.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Alhazred posted:

Context: The norwegian minister of agriculture is skeptical about new health guidelines that suggest that we should eat less meat.
You gotta give me the fangs.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

I have no idea who this cartoonist is but that's surprisingly not-terrible.

Brawnfire posted:

Let's be real, most of the thread regulars don't have the skill to pull it off, nor the will to make enough effort even if they could.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
probably have no idea who he was. except for a free half day to commemorate his death

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

vilkacis posted:

I have no idea who this cartoonist is but that's surprisingly not-terrible.

Darrin Bell is excellent and underrepresented in the thread; he also does the frequently political comic strip Candorville.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Discendo Vox posted:

Darrin Bell is excellent and underrepresented in the thread; he also does the frequently political comic strip Candorville.

Candorville is generally not good though.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Alhazred posted:

Context: The norwegian government (here represented by the prime minister) wants to abolish the aupair service because it mainly has become a way for people to get cheap maids and nannies.

Well, yes? What else were au-pairs supposed to be?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:
Knight:

All the conservative commentators are calling for Dutton to put in Country Liberal Party Senator and prominent speaker for the No campaign Jacinta Price as Shadow Indigenous affairs minister after Julian Leeser quit the front bench over the Voice.

Kelles Nomination: Worst Caricature

Jacinta Price looks like this

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And he's favorable towards her it seems.

China Daily

Fed's rate hikes likely to cause a recession by Cai Meng

I'm certain Meng's made this comic before.

Le Monde

La « fuite » de documents classifiés embarrasse les Etats-Unis/Classified Document leak embarrasses the US by Heng from Singapore for Lianhe Zaobao

by Dilem from Algeria
Russia: Military Recruitment made easy
"Next!"

Charlie Hebdo

Macron wants to keep an open dialogue with the unions
"There'll be enough for everyone."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Brawnfire posted:

Two Party Opera did one that's non-terrible.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

You know what is a big thing in our culture, so much so that there is more of them than people, and that the minority who are really into them refuse to have a single slight inconvenience between them and this thing, and that manufacturers of the thing and organizations supporting the thing spend millions to make sure this thing which kills and maims thousands every year is as easy as possible to get? Would you care to guess what I'm talking about Micheal?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Murdstone posted:

You know what is a big thing in our culture, so much so that there is more of them than people, and that the minority who are really into them refuse to have a single slight inconvenience between them and this thing, and that manufacturers of the thing and organizations supporting the thing spend millions to make sure this thing which kills and maims thousands every year is as easy as possible to get? Would you care to guess what I'm talking about Micheal?

Well you see it’s only because of Hollywood and hippity hoppers that guns are a problem. If it weren’t for pop culture everyone would just happily carry their freedom sticks and never have to use them.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

Jeff Koterba did a :effort: one

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe 1:

Tribute to Bruce Petty. Bruce Petty, cartoonist, sculptor and Oscar winner, dies aged 93 (SMH).

Rowe 2:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers, in Washington for the G20.

Pope:

Lethbridge:

Albanese with Queensland premier Annastacia Palaszczuk.

Knight:

We're into May budget cartoon season so we're going to get a lot of Jim Chalmers. Also Victoria's economy got hit pretty hard with the lockdowns plus Dan Andrews has a lot of infrastructure projects so there is a lot of speculation about what he will do.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Reserve Bank of Australia board member admits ‘terrible’ error after interest rates fiasco (news.com.au).

Nav.
May 25, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

China Daily

US sick from one-man show by Ma Xuejing

Ahh yes, because China's government definitely isn't a one-man show.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Youth Decay posted:

Kelles Nomination: Worst Caricature

Jacinta Price looks like this

Knights style is just generally set to 'racist caricature'

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-47352854

And Popes response (who is hands down Australia's best contributor)

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

For context this is how Mark Knight's paper The Herald Sun handled the controversy:

thisusedyet
Feb 14, 2012

My post... it sucks!!!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"What's Stigmata Here"

Kelly missed a trick, for once. That bible should be upside down

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Paingod556 posted:

Holy poo poo! :stare:

For reference:

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They do something undeniably racist and list a bunch of unrelated cartoons that maybe five people have said something nasty about, and act like they’re under siege. Masterfully defensive.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Paingod556 posted:

edit: aw, nuts, thanks for the correction

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 14, 2023

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

That cartoon is from a few years back.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Kirk Walters

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Randall Enos - GOP Out of Control

Dave Whamond

Bill Bramhall

Drew Sheneman

Dave Granlund

David Horsey - Idaho, land of big government

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

oops, I forgot to tell a joke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Why is "Hunter Biden" written on Gerry Adams?