Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Oh I'm a "content creator"

*posts 2 hour video everyday talking about other videos posted the day prior*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
elon musk

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

ozmunkeh posted:

elon musk

interesting

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ozmunkeh posted:

elon musk

elon musk ——> leon kums

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

elon musk ——> leon kums

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG NEWS! Guys you will not believe what A Bakers Cousin said about CONTENT CREATORS:

A Bakers Cousin posted:

we need to have a reckoning with the concept of "creators" and "content" at some point

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Oh I'm a "content creator"

*posts 2 hour video everyday talking about other videos posted the day prior*

Please Like and Subscribe to support my work.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ozmunkeh posted:

elon musk

Ftw.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

UFOTacoMan posted:

BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG NEWS! Guys you will not believe what A Bakers Cousin said about CONTENT CREATORS:

seems right?

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
with a proper thumb nail we just recreated 75% of youtube

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

UFOTacoMan posted:

wowiwowow folks, you’re in for a treat today as I analyze UFOTacoMan’s content about content about content creators, as I keep this train rolling on towards grueling infinity.

don’t forget to like subscribing!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
brought to you by nordvpn

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

apatheticman posted:

Please Taibbi stans. Post the article...

Weirdo Tiabbi and Glenda stans, kindly go procreate on yonder

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

possibly dumb question, but how do you make money as a 'content creator' on twitter?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Isn't that what this was? https://create.twitter.com/en/products/super-follows

He's just rebranding an existing thing but worse?

e: lmao link already dead.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

boethius posted:

wowiwowow folks, you’re in for a treat today as I analyze UFOTacoMan’s content about content about content creators, as I keep this train rolling on towards grueling infinity.

don’t forget to like subscribing!

there's actually a couple youtubers explaining ancient forum wars to the uninitiated

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Mr Interweb posted:

possibly dumb question, but how do you make money as a 'content creator' on twitter?

ads

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

A Bakers Cousin posted:

we need to have a reckoning with the concept of "creators" and "content" at some point

There is only one creator and if you worship Him and obey his Word you will always be content.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

let there be content

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

i want to subscribe to spending hours watching long-form vlog posts by twitter pundits

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Twitter gets all of the ad revenue.

The correct answer is "use Twitter to advertise your Youtube/OnlyFans/Patreon account."

Although, this new change from Elon is supposed to try and bring "content creators" on to Twitter by finally giving them some way to directly monetize their Twitter account.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Stinky Wizzleteats posted:

twitch sphincter reactions

the only streamer i watch

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

oh i somehow read twitter as youtube lol

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
bandcamp friday all year for twitter

the more business you create for twitter the more you get paid. is this an MLM model?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr Interweb posted:

oh hey look at that

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1646531349652840449

it wasn't roving gangs of fentanyl junkies after all!

whoa hey there's no reason to assume this tech guy wasn't also a fentanyl junkie.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

there's actually a couple youtubers explaining ancient forum wars to the uninitiated

ive actually heard there's some kind of something awful forum history podcast explaining the deep forum lore (this isn't a joke) ((i mean i am not joking, this is a joke in a larger sense))

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Circling back to Taibbi on Truth Social:

This seems like the good and proper move for Taibbi. Independe t Journalists use social media sites to promote their stories and substacks, but Taibbi is running out of options. Facebook is still #1 evil so Taibbi can't go there. Elon revealed he is a hypocrite and has effectively banned Taibbi from twitter. Mastodon, Tumblr, or Gab don't really have as wide of an audience plus a all three work with the deep state. Tik Tok will be banned soon by the by the evil American empire while the liberal fascists cheer on. That leaves Truth Social as the last remaining wide audience large social media site.

A smart move. Wish others could see that, but sadly they have very few brain wrinkles.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Mr Hootington posted:

This seems like the good and proper move for Taibbi. Independe t Journalists use social media sites to promote their stories and substacks, but Taibbi is running out of options. Facebook is still #1 evil so Taibbi can't go there. Elon revealed he is a hypocrite and has effectively banned Taibbi from twitter. Mastodon, Tumblr, or Gab don't really have as wide of an audience plus a all three work with the deep state. Tik Tok will be banned soon by the by the evil American empire while the liberal fascists cheer on. That leaves Truth Social as the last remaining wide audience large social media site.

A smart move. Wish others could see that, but sadly they have very few brain wrinkles.

wrong thread. :elongate:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
*rachel maddow voice* matt taibbi

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
taibbibama

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

tenderjerk posted:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Tik Tok will be banned soon by the by the evil American empire while the liberal fascists cheer on.

where are you getting this? from what i've seen, "liberal fascists" are the only ones defending tiktok

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

why is facebook a bridge too far if his work is so important and demands a large audience?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
lol "truth social" "wide audience"

god your gimmick is loving dumb

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

graventy posted:

lol "truth social" "wide audience"

god your gimmick is loving dumb

Better keep telling him so he knows

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plank Walker posted:

why is facebook a bridge too far if his work is so important and demands a large audience?

Elon Musk Ftw.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

tenderjerk posted:

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 375 days!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk Ftw.

wow what a thread

elon musk

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
More like circling on Taibbi's backside.

With your tongue.

You are giving Taibbi a rimjob.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

apatheticman posted:

More like circling on Taibbi's backside.

With your tongue.

You are giving Taibbi a rimjob.

off topic