Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nm

E: since I'm here, Stars are 1 point ahead on Colorado with only one remaining. Unfortunately, Colorado has the tie breaker since Dallas just refuses to win in OT. Stars need a win tonight and for Colorado to only take 2 points total in their next 2. Colorado has Winnipeg tonight and Nashville tomorrow so it's possible they lose one of those in regulation, but I'm not banking on it. Dallas did best the snot out of the blues last night but the back to back doesn't help either. Honestly not sure who I'd rather play between the Wild and the Kraken. Minnesota has faltered a bit down the stretch but they're still playing well. Either way, if they get out of the first, they're likely playing the avs which would be a fun series again.

GO STARS!

Cocaine Bear fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Any feel-good stories for the Masterton this year?
Letang had that second stroke and came back with a 4 point night

I think voters will be split between Tony D and Ivan Provorov and choose someone from another team.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Any feel-good stories for the Masterton this year?
Letang had that second stroke and came back with a 4 point night

I mean yeah that’s masterton as gently caress but I feel like at some point guys should stop getting awards for increasing their risk of dying on the ice. Give it to someone playing through a death in the family or whatever.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Arivia posted:

I mean yeah that’s masterton as gently caress but I feel like at some point guys should stop getting awards for increasing their risk of dying on the ice. Give it to someone playing through a death in the family or whatever.

Well if that's the criteria his dad also died like a month after he came back from the stroke

It was a rough season for the angriest man in hockey

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Well if that's the criteria his dad also died like a month after he came back from the stroke

Okay fine. I GUESS.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Welcome to the real world kid
*spits in his face*

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

On the other hand, he is Kris Letang. And one of the explicit criteria for the Masterton is "sportsmanship", which, lol

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Arivia posted:

I think that'd be shittier to be honest. Pastrnaks son died 6 days after he was born in 2021 and I was really glad last year that they didn't nominate/award him a trophy that would've essentially been "you did a good job at work even though your kid died"

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The best Masterson winner was when Ian Laperriere got it got being sent to Robidas Island.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Zadorov scored a hat trick last night???

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
One was an empty net but yeah, he's got 14 goals this year, he's been one of the few bright spots.

The Wolf also posted a .958 last night and didn't let in the first shot on goal like goalies are apparently supposed to... shame they didn't call him up 3 months ago.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Today's fantasy camp goalie for the Leafs is Samuel Richard.

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/1646535366957051905?s=20

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Is Samsonov actually hurt or are they just resting him, because I thought I read he wanted to play tonight because a week off is too long.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Wonderllama posted:

Is Samsonov actually hurt or are they just resting him, because I thought I read he wanted to play tonight because a week off is too long.

It's probably the usual case where by this point in the season everyone is at least sort of injured so you can justify either playing or resting the player as you want.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Wonderllama posted:

He’s been noticeably wincing and slow to recover any time he has to stretch his leg out suddenly, he’s also looked pained taking high shots around the shoulders/upper chest.

He’s still been very good and looks fast and flexible, so it’s probably more bruises and general soreness, but absolutely worth resting him imo no matter what he says.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Marner and Matthews on a line for the morning skate, Marner could be the 12th player this season to hit 100 points. He could also be only the 4th person to to it in a Leafs jersey.

Also: Jonathan Toews plays his last game for the Blackhawks tonight, possibly last NHL game ever.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think we should honor his legacy by ignoring him, and looking the other way.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Blackhawks management meeting right now to decide if it's better to say farewell to Toews in the summer rather than tonight given it would be a bit of a bummer and the playoffs are about to start.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Not sure he'd deserve it over Pastrnak.

In other news:

https://twitter.com/PuckPedia/status/1646354680325505026

On one hand get paid and win the conference. On the other take it easy Bouch

Welcome to PP1, Vinny Desharnais :cool:

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

One was an empty net but yeah, he's got 14 goals this year, he's been one of the few bright spots.

The Wolf also posted a .958 last night and didn't let in the first shot on goal like goalies are apparently supposed to... shame they didn't call him up 3 months ago.

dreaming of an offseason where we manage to trade Kadri and Markstrom, Darryl Sutter is fired, and I get to have 50 threesomes

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

dreaming of an offseason where we manage to trade Kadri and Markstrom, Darryl Sutter is fired, and I get to have 50 threesomes

Wish granted. Daryl Sutter will be stopping by your house for the first of your threesomes tonight.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

He’s been noticeably wincing and slow to recover any time he has to stretch his leg out suddenly, he’s also looked pained taking high shots around the shoulders/upper chest.

He’s still been very good and looks fast and flexible, so it’s probably more bruises and general soreness, but absolutely worth resting him imo no matter what he says.

Yeah, based on how he's looked, it's probably an if this was Game 1 or it actually mattered, he'd play, but it doesn't so he can sit type "hurt".

Also, I don't believe a word people say about injuries. Everyone Kyle, Keefe, Sammy, and everyone else on the team are probably told to say something like Samsonov really wants to play, but can't to justify and provide plausible deniability to the Leaf for a Day lottery.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Flames definitely seem like the perfect place for next years "Jack Adams winner because the goalies weren't a horror show like last year".

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Flames definitely seem like the perfect place for next years "Jack Adams winner because the goalies weren't a horror show like last year".

The Flames aren't firing Sutter. He signed a two year contract extension that hasn't even kicked in yet.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Is Kane also a free agent this summer? I can see Kane+Toews offering themselves as a package deal to somewhere.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Mr. Kite posted:

Is Kane also a free agent this summer? I can see Kane+Toews offering themselves as a package deal to somewhere.

Rumor is the Rangers want to keep Kane. I'm hoping they keep Tank instead because he's still really good and plays more defense.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Have the Penguins started selling Toews jerseys yet or do I still have to wait

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

ThinkTank posted:

The Flames aren't firing Sutter. He signed a two year contract extension that hasn't even kicked in yet.

$4 million per year, menno's got a better shot at 50 threesomes

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Nm

E: since I'm here, Stars are 1 point ahead on Colorado with only one remaining. Unfortunately, Colorado has the tie breaker since Dallas just refuses to win in OT. Stars need a win tonight and for Colorado to only take 2 points total in their next 2. Colorado has Winnipeg tonight and Nashville tomorrow so it's possible they lose one of those in regulation, but I'm not banking on it. Dallas did best the snot out of the blues last night but the back to back doesn't help either. Honestly not sure who I'd rather play between the Wild and the Kraken. Minnesota has faltered a bit down the stretch but they're still playing well. Either way, if they get out of the first, they're likely playing the avs which would be a fun series again.

GO STARS!

The tiebreaker is RW, not ROW, so Dallas has the first tiebreaker. Colorado needs to be ahead in points.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
^^oh what the hell

Cocaine Bear posted:

Nm

GO STARS!

This is actually wrong apparently, I just found out today myself that the first tiebreaker now is Regulation wins only - not Regulation + OT. So Dallas actually has the tiebreaker on Colorado as the Avs only have 34 regulation wins to the Stars 38.

The Stars will win the central division if they beat St. Louis (again!) and Colorado loses in any fashion to either Winnipeg or Nashville

Actually came here to post this:

https://twitter.com/BruceLeVinePuck/status/1646316608971784193

The king of US hockey! Sorry Auston Matthews your time in the sun is over.

**Everyone cheer for Jason Robertson to score 7 points tonight so he can claim the all time franchise single season point record from the hands of Bobby Smith of the Minnesota North Stars!

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 13, 2023

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Have the Penguins started selling Toews jerseys yet or do I still have to wait

If his career is going to continue it feels like a given he'll sign with Winnipeg as he's from there.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

ThinkTank posted:

If his career is going to continue it feels like a given he'll sign with Winnipeg as he's from there.

Then I would assume Winnipeg is the last place he would ever sign

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

So many people are convinced that people who grew up here are dying to play here for some reason, I can only assume they’ve never been anywhere else.

Also he fuckin sucks and I don’t want him.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

fermun posted:

The tiebreaker is RW, not ROW, so Dallas has the first tiebreaker. Colorado needs to be ahead in points.

Starsfan posted:

^^oh what the hell

This is actually wrong apparently, I just found out today myself that the first tiebreaker now is Regulation wins only - not Regulation + OT. So Dallas actually has the tiebreaker on Colorado as the Avs only have 34 regulation wins to the Stars 38.

The Stars will win the central division if they beat St. Louis (again!) and Colorado loses in any fashion to either Winnipeg or Nashville

Actually came here to post this:

https://twitter.com/BruceLeVinePuck/status/1646316608971784193

The king of US hockey! Sorry Auston Matthews your time in the sun is over.

**Everyone cheer for Jason Robertson to score 7 points tonight so he can claim the all time franchise single season point record from the hands of Bobby Smith of the Minnesota North Stars!

Hahah, funny because I read that after I posted (maybe before lol) but my brain isn't good so I posted through it. Good catch!

As much fun Minnesota in the first, I think Seattle is probably an easier road and the wild and avs can beat each other upall they want in the 1st round.

Go Stars!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

But they named a lake after him

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
anyone have a link to all the different scenarios tonight

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

heehee posted:

anyone have a link to all the different scenarios tonight

quote:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

The Carolina Hurricanes will clinch the Metropolitan Division title:

If they defeat the Florida Panthers in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; TVAS, BSFL, BSSO, ESPN+, SN NOW).

OR

If they get one point AND the New Jersey Devils lose to the Washington Capitals in any fashion (7 p.m. ET; NBCSWA, MSGSN, ESPN+, SN NOW).

OR

If the Devils lose in regulation.

The Devils will clinch the Metropolitan Division title:

If they defeat the Capitals in any fashion AND the Hurricanes lose to the Panthers in any fashion

OR

If they get one point against the Capitals AND the Hurricanes lose to the Panthers in regulation

WESTERN CONFERENCE

The Vegas Golden Knights will clinch the Pacific Division title:

If they get one point against the Seattle Kraken (10:30 p.m. ET; ESPN).

OR

If the Edmonton Oilers lose to the San Jose Sharks in any fashion (9 p.m. ET; SN360, SNW, NBCSCA, ESPN+, SN NOW).

The Oilers will clinch the Pacific Division title:

If they win in any fashion AND the Golden Knights lose in regulation.

Of note: The winner of the Pacific Division will also claim top spot in the Western Conference.

The Dallas Stars will clinch the Central Division title:

If they defeat the St. Louis Blues (8 p.m. ET; ESPN) in any fashion AND the Colorado Avalanche lose to the Jets in any fashion (8 p.m. ET; ALT, TSN3, ESPN+, SN NOW).

OR

If they get one point against the Blues AND the Avalanche lose to the Jets in regulation

The Avalanche will clinch the Central Division title:

If they defeat the Jets in any fashion AND the Stars lose to the Blues in regulation

Of note: Should neither of these scenarios for the Stars or Avalanche materialize, the battle for the Central Division crown will extend to the final day of the season Friday, when the Avalanche visit the Nashville Predators.

If The Avalanche x2 and Oilers win, and Vegas loses, all 3 teams will end on 109 with the tie breaker going Edmonton > Vegas > Colorado

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Cocaine Bear posted:

Hahah, funny because I read that after I posted (maybe before lol) but my brain isn't good so I posted through it. Good catch!

As much fun Minnesota in the first, I think Seattle is probably an easier road and the wild and avs can beat each other upall they want in the 1st round.

Go Stars!

Seattle is absolutely an easier first round. They collapse under a team that can defend with structure and Dallas defends with structure. Seattle is getting better at playing with the puck, but still not better at playing defense. They do still rely on stretch passes and fast breaks, but they run out of ideas when the opposing D keeps its shape.

Minnesota v Dallas would be a great series. Though with Colorado’s record lately I wouldn’t write them off to win the division quite yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Dallas doesn't take the division, and I think there's a good chance it doesn't happen, gonna be funny that they couldn't ever beat the Canucks. Not even once.