Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Maybe they’re actually making the right choice and stripping out the GaaS and/or the ARPG parts.

Probably not though.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Orv posted:

Maybe they’re actually making the right choice and stripping out the GaaS and/or the ARPG parts.

Probably not though.
I mean, that's the thing everyone reacted negatively to so I could see it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Taking out the GAAS-isms is, like, the relatively easy part all they have to do is make everything unlockable regularly or buyable with ingame currency.

The deeper problem is that nobody wants a Batman themed looter shooter and that's the lmao part

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I felt like some cosmic horror and re-played Control and man it's still an incredibly good game, the combat is kind of simplistic (Launch Launch Launch Launch) but the vibes are un-matched, I feel like if it came out a few years later everyone obsessed with the Backrooms/SCP mythos would goc razy. Not sure if there's anything else quite like it. I guess Alan Wake is going to be the same kind of thing? Never played that but I know from the Control expansion he's a big deal in Remedy's gameworld.

I did laugh however when you get to the end and the nerd scientist who's been giving you power-point presentations throughout the game with his nerd friends does his final "I'm leaving for greater universes and knowledge" speech and has his shirt off for some reason and he's actually buff as hell.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

mycot posted:

Taking out the GAAS-isms is, like, the relatively easy part all they have to do is make everything unlockable regularly or buyable with ingame currency.

The deeper problem is that nobody wants a Batman themed looter shooter and that's the lmao part

It makes exactly as much sense as item score in assassins creed and yet that exists

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You can strip out all the live service elements but you can't make Captain Boomerang shooting a machine gun instead of throwing a FREAKIN BOOMERANG make sense.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Someone higher up is going to catch wind of their plans to remove microtransactions from that game and cancel it before 2/2/2024

Orv
May 4, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

You can strip out all the live service elements but you can't make Captain Boomerang shooting a machine gun instead of throwing a FREAKIN BOOMERANG make sense.

Well you see the gun goes boom and then it rings your head but past tense

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

exquisite tea posted:

what if the machine gun shoots boomerangs?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

He DOES throw boomerangs. But he also is a proponent of Gun Supremacy.
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7203495262134947118

lol he throws boomerangs and then runs to them before they have a chance to come back.

Maybe his guns shoot tiny boomerangs?
edit: KAZILLLLLL!!!!! :blastu:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Apr 13, 2023

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pretend I bothered to go find the Punisher it’s a gun that shoots knives panel

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm so loving sick of superheroes at this point.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I wish they would at least give us superheroes in cool settings again, like a neolithic superhero

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Jack Trades posted:

I've been saying that since that fantastic four movie with Vic Mackey and Captain American

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

wasn't the suicide squad game originally supposed to launch a year ago

Orv
May 4, 2011

repiv posted:

wasn't the suicide squad game originally supposed to launch a year ago

Yep

And that’s after not knowing anything about what Rocksteady was working on post-Knight for five-ish years? Officially anyway. Suicide Squad will have been in the oven for at least six with this new date.

Orv fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 13, 2023

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I want a Mystery Men game.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

The 7th Guest posted:

are these for games that don't have demos or something? most of my indie game discovery is through playing demos first

this i sort of get though because (Name of job) Simulator games are notorious for being unfinished or buggy, especially everything by PlayWay S.A. some of them do have demos though and it's pretty easy for me to tell what kind of rush job a game is gonna be based on a demo build
The only exception is Thief Simulator. It is still getting updates and just came out with paid DLC of more buildings to rob. They also add an occasional freebie building to loot. You can also rob houses during Christmas and steal presents. One for Halloween as well.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Jack Trades posted:

well I got good news my friend because this is a game about super villains :c00l:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1104470/Super_Hero_League_of_Hoboken/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

ultrafilter posted:

This is a the best idea. All other ideas are second best, or worse. :hmmyes:

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

HopperUK posted:

I was happy to see the return of the cool bird.

Is that what the song was about?

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
https://store.steampowered.com/curator/43582208/sale/IndieFightingGamesFest

Steam isn't featuring it but there is a big sale on indie fighting games right now.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

This is a the best idea. All other ideas are second best, or worse. :hmmyes:

Lots of trolling potential in co-op with Invisible Boy centric puzzles.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

HopperUK posted:

Nah, I'm probably going to ask people don't discuss selling Steam accounts itt. It's shady as hell.

It's shady because the only way to do it is to interact with shady middlemen, since it's shunned like what's going on here. Chicken-and-egg problem, I hear the smut industry had the same problem.

It's not like this is an actual problem in the thread! If it doesn't belong here since it's goons selling things (and there are sub-forums for that) then fair enough. Shrecknet, maybe try the goon marketplace thing? I'm sure someone would want it.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Serephina posted:

It's shady because the only way to do it is to interact with shady middlemen, since it's shunned like what's going on here. Chicken-and-egg problem, I hear the smut industry had the same problem.

It's not like this is an actual problem in the thread! If it doesn't belong here since it's goons selling things (and there are sub-forums for that) then fair enough. Shrecknet, maybe try the goon marketplace thing? I'm sure someone would want it.

I don't think it's allowed in SA Mart for the same reasons - there's just no way to be sure of a genuine transaction at *all*. It sucks but it's just not something for SA. We could run it to the feedback thread though if folk feel super differently, see if VG has a take on it? I don't really feel strongly one way or the other, not like we're throwing probations around

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it's shady because it is against steam's rules and if they notice they will permaban the account.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I told my little sister my steam password so she could access family share even though I promised Gabe I would never tell my password to anyone.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

How's Severed Steel's replayability? I've heard rad-tastic things about its gameplay, but apparently the campaign is only 90-120 minutes long? Is it just one of those mod jobbies, where the main campaign is a tutorial for the shitzillion user-made levels to follow?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Jack Trades posted:

I've been using HyperX Cloud 2 for two years now and they have been great.
A detachable microphone has been very convenient too.

I got this headset

And this baller-rear end mic

for my son’s doggy and according to his girlfriend she really likes them.

Most of her gaming involves a ball, rope tug, or rawhide chew stick, though…
:pcgaming:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Been playing the closed beta test of xDefiant this afternoon. From a technical standpoint, it is in a really rough shape currently; long load times, game crashes after every match, lag, login issues, creating a group with friends doesnt work, and a HDR over saturated color issue that can be fixed, but if you don't know how to (set your monitor to display port 1.1, and the game to full screen borderless) then it makes the game unplayable. When the game actually works though, it is pretty god drat fun. Very fast paced, and time to kill is on par with Black Ops 4.

I think xDefiant has a lot of promise. But I also do not under any circumstances trust UBISoft. Outside of Rainbow Six Siege, their live service attempts are all really bad. The Division 2 is over hyped garbage, and the Crew is trash as well. I don't really know why I should trust them, even though this game has been fun to play. XDefiant plays more like Rainbow Six Siege but heavily simplified; there's no environment destruction, peaking around corners, and no gadgets for getting a lay of the map and enemy position because the game is too fast paced for that to be effective. Game is going to also launch with a ranked mode, and practice mode against AI bots. The beta client so far only shows a battle pass for monetization, but I cant imagine there won't be some sort of overpriced cash shop.

UBISoft also removed the Tom Clancy brand name from the title half way through development, but the game still has characters and locations from only Tom Clancy titles. I just like that you can play as characters from Splinter Cell.

Orv
May 4, 2011
xDefiant was an absolute trainwreck when they rolled it out to a test in 2021 and they seem to have taken "Nobody wants this incredibly terrible CoD Overwatch thing" as a sign to make the game into a mid-2010s CoD clone. Which I'm not necessarily opposed to in general but I agree with you that aside from Siege and maybe For Honor, on the multiplayer end, Ubisoft has a pretty bad track record of supporting failed or semi-failed MP titles. Granted, they supported the hell out of Siege and took it to great heights (let's not talk about it now, I guess) but I don't see them doing that here unless it really gets shored up.

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

DerekSmartymans posted:

I got this headset

And this baller-rear end mic

for my son’s doggy and according to his girlfriend she really likes them.

Most of her gaming involves a ball, rope tug, or rawhide chew stick, though…
:pcgaming:

OMG :3:

I have to get these.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Khanstant posted:

I told my little sister my steam password so she could access family share even though I promised Gabe I would never tell my password to anyone.

become ingovernable

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Volte posted:

They weren't fighting to avoid creating a refund policy, they were fighting to avoid paying $3m in damages. And the fine wasn't even for refusing to issue refunds, it was for not making it clear that refunds could be issued if you were in Australia (i.e. their global refund policy was displayed to people in Australia). Australian law only requires that refunds be given for defective or misleading products, they're under no obligation to have a "no questions asked" refund policy.

edit: not to go to bat for a big company or anything, but I think their refund policy is pretty good and they could easily comply with the law while still having a much more hostile refund policy (see: Nintendo)
valve was also getting ahead of other places with much more permissive refund policies - like the eu and nz - starting up their own court cases if the australian one went badly for them.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

valve was also getting ahead of other places with much more permissive refund policies - like the eu and nz - starting up their own court cases if the australian one went badly for them.

well bless them for "getting ahead" of those parliaments of molasses and fossil fuel

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Ghostlight posted:

As they should since every computer is different so there could be any number of reasons a game just won't work.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?

Omi no Kami posted:

How's Severed Steel's replayability? I've heard rad-tastic things about its gameplay, but apparently the campaign is only 90-120 minutes long? Is it just one of those mod jobbies, where the main campaign is a tutorial for the shitzillion user-made levels to follow?

It is a very short campaign of around 2 hours or less, so yes, if you're a one-and-done person it can be done incredibly fast. However the core gameplay is very addictive and fun, and unlike similar stylish shoot-em-ups that I'd love to replay like Max Payne 3 but don't due to all the annoying cutscenes and loading and such getting in the way of the action, Severed Steel is very easily replayable with fast load times and levels that cut to the chase immediately with no walking or cutscenes and all that jazz. In addition, Severed Steel also has multiple difficulty levels to conquer, a new game + that actually remixes the levels with new enemies, tons of community created bonus levels, many wacky modifiers and cheat codes to unlock that can change up the gameplay greatly for both challenges and fun, Firefight mode which is a bit of a horde/score attack survival mode, Rogue Steel which is a roguelike mode where you try to make your way through random levels with modifiers changing things up, and so on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Valve, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo should be forced to have no question asks refund policies that extend to a week but no playtime requirement.