Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Apparently that guy was as surprised as everyone else when he was named as the interim manager

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Alarming to think that any one of us could suddenly find ourself named as Chelsea interim manager...

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Mainwaring posted:

Alarming to think that any one of us could suddenly find ourself named as Chelsea interim manager...

lol

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

I’ve got Watford to deal with next month as it is.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

Lampard upset a bunch of the players last time he managed Chelsea because he didn't talk to them but blamed them when things were going wrong

reminder that the last time Lampard left Chelsea, they were ninth and all his mates were on TV saying he could only work with what he was given

Tuchel took over in January, signed no-one, and won the Champions League

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

reminder that the last time Lampard left Chelsea, they were ninth and all his mates were on TV saying he could only work with what he was given

Tuchel took over in January, signed no-one, and won the Champions League

poo poo Chelsea squads stumbling to the CL is a Known Thing though, it doesn’t reflect poorly on Frank.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/apr/07/west-ham-david-moyes-lose-at-fulham-replacement-sacking

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

never forget

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So, uh, Fulham are on a poo poo run

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Forest back in the drop zone

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
firing silva would be loving stupid. firing cooper would be less stupid but also i don't see who they could get in who could give them a better chance. and newcastle are really good right now so you can't really be too mad about that result.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Thanks Ants posted:

So, uh, Fulham are on a poo poo run

Might get sacked after the season, but should be good for now since none of the relegation contenders can string 2-3 wins together

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Here's a surprisingly difficult quiz to play

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65249665

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

17/20

fuckin' love remembering stuff that specifically isn't related to business deadlines or my family's birthdays

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

16/20, forgot Dean Smith, Steve Bruce (how???), Farke and Xisco

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I couldn't get 16 now, I've stopped learning their names, it just makes it harder when they get put down.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

16, couldn't remember Norwich, Spurs, Watford and Wolves.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

18/20, knew who the Norwich manager was too but kept blanking on his name. No hope of getting Watford's though.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Dudley posted:

I couldn't get 16 now, I've stopped learning their names, it just makes it harder when they get put down.

Lol

Got a 19 and named every Watford manager of the last decade before timing out. loving xisco can't believe it

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The proposed forum name The Xisco Disco somehow stuck in my head permanently, which helped me get Watford. Just missed wolves.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Quality name suggestion tbf

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Thanks Ants posted:

Here's a surprisingly difficult quiz to play

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65249665

20/20, thanks for winning me the sack wars, Xisco

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
this was before the real game

15 losses in 18 matches

https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1647915253336793091?s=20

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

That guy really needs a magic wand, drat

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Haha no, but seriously, he's awful.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Frankston posted:

Haha no, but seriously, he's awful.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

lol lmao

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1649422319712911360?s=46&t=9mDt2UU_RFyVLFyfYWZ0CA

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Wise move

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's hard to believe that Spurs are still in the fight for Champions League places, you'd never be able to guess by watching their recent games

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Thanks Ants posted:

It's hard to believe that Spurs are still in the fight for Champions League places, you'd never be able to guess by watching their recent games

after bournemouth and with this vibe we'll be lucky to get europa league. newcastle still 3 points ahead with a game in hand even if we win.

broadly though your point stands. extremely baffling we're not making GBS threads up midtable with chelsea right now

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

It has been pointed out to be this is an entirely unfair comparison.

No-one has ever suggested Huntley wasn't good at his job.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Apr 22, 2023

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1650453852909453313

Will we count this?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
A sacking is a sacking. Would have thought prem clubs had learned that you can't just get a pe teacher to do the job while you get a proper manager in but here we are

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
he's gone lol

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

It's a new record

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Stellini out https://twitter.com/spursofficial/status/1650535989272608770?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone remake that hodgson oldest manager graphic to be about sacked managers this season

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jose posted:

someone remake that hodgson oldest manager graphic to be about sacked managers this season

It will look like one of those tacky collages of all the celebrities that died in a year