Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

wheres fishgirl

Replaced by birdgirl or fishboy, take your pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Sydin posted:

Age of Calamity had a lot more plot stuff going on than BotW so yeah I'm hoping that's continuing on here.

Genuinely hope the Zelda team worked with Koei Tecmo on this like they did AOC, AOC has some of the best cutscenes and story elements of the whole franchise

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Mr E posted:

I hope with him looking like WW dorf that we stab him with a downward stab again.

Oh we're gonna get him with the mother of all downward stabs...

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Genuinely hope the Zelda team worked with Koei Tecmo on this like they did AOC, AOC has some of the best cutscenes and story elements of the whole franchise

AoC Zelda is unironically best Zelda between her arc and her playability, Link is kinda just there as the muscle/comedic mood-lightener

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
The presence of the saxophone in the trailer music 100% makes me feel they learned the right lessons working with K/T

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This fits my hotness based time travel theory

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

My Second Re-Reg posted:

The presence of the saxophone in the trailer music 100% makes me feel they learned the right lessons working with K/T

I kinda feel this might be my favorite videogame trailer music ever. Like I can't immediately think of anything that had nearly as effective music, except maybe Skyrim's trailer.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Anyone else think Ganondorf has a samurai thing going on?

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

Zat posted:

I kinda feel this might be my favorite videogame trailer music ever. Like I can't immediately think of anything that had nearly as effective music, except maybe Skyrim's trailer.

The part around 2:25 where they start cycling through all the different vocal effects? So good.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

AoC Zelda is unironically best Zelda between her arc and her playability, Link is kinda just there as the muscle/comedic mood-lightener

:hmmyes:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I think it’s supposed to look Gerudo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

trailer was ok, like the implication of a stronger story focus

hate the "lol zelda's a useless woman again lmao go rescue her link she might be an ai buddy in the final dungeon if you're lucky" aspect of the story, which frankly sucks and shouldn't be a thing nowadays. damsel in distress poo poo needs to gently caress off

Agreed. Give her the old Shiekah Slate and abilities, team-up swapping who you can control or something. Even if the old skills don't get used in puzzles aside from a couple shrine-equivalent gimmicks..

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so loving excited!

I don't get hyped about video games since I'm an old shithead now but GOD drat this has gotten me all abuzz.

The fridgebot is, I hope, not the top end of complexity. They haven't said how many simultaneous fusions you can have at the end, but it seems like a dozen at least.

I wanna build a trebuchet!

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah, like Maroon Hawk says it looks more like a fusion of Gerudo royal gear (Urbosa, Riku) with BOTW's voe set.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

That looks like the wind cleaver that those big Yiga guys use

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The more I think about it the more I think we will get at least some time with Zelda - there’s two scenes in the trailer where she’s referring to Link when he’s clearly not there, what context in-game would lead us to see those if we were playing exclusively from his perspective?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

It also seems like this game might have more plot stuff than Breath of the Wild, which would be nice.

this new trailer confirmed that theres now at least 3 cutscenes

gonna be a good time

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

The Maroon Hawk posted:

The more I think about it the more I think we will get at least some time with Zelda - there’s two scenes in the trailer where she’s referring to Link when he’s clearly not there, what context in-game would lead us to see those if we were playing exclusively from his perspective?

That is an interesting point: How many Zelda games have had flashbacks or "meanwhile..." cutaways or interludes of any real length where Link isn't present at all? That feels like an interesting departure from the formula

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Man that trailer was sick as all hell, it really feels like Nintendo is taking some risks and adding a lot to what they have instead of just tweaking BotW slightly

Also has it been confirmed if you can fuse weapons to arrows yet because if so that's the only way I'm playing

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
I didn't think they could touch the BotW trailer but the mad lads managed to equal it. That was a hell of a way to get the hype train going Mach 10.

There's just...so much. Some truly large set-pieces, allies fighting alongside you, proper dungeons, and FRIDGEBOT vs TALOS. Seriously, I was grinning ear-to-ear seeing that derpy thing. There some time shenanigans happening and that was either a flashback to Demise or Dorf goes full Demise at some point. I do wonder if they're going to pull a redemption arc for Ganondorf or perhaps he's the puppet for once.

I'm glad there's only a month because I really want to dive in. That's the mountaintop for any trailer and Nintendo has hit two back-to-back grand slams for Zelda. That music better be in the game somewhere because BotW not having the trailer music in it was a travesty.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

FooF posted:

There some time shenanigans happening and that was either a flashback to Demise or Dorf goes full Demise at some point. I do wonder if they're going to pull a redemption arc for Ganondorf or perhaps he's the puppet for once.

I personally think that is Demise, and the trailer also appears to feature the original, or at least previous, incarnations of Link and Zelda.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Man that trailer was sick as all hell, it really feels like Nintendo is taking some risks and adding a lot to what they have instead of just tweaking BotW slightly

Also has it been confirmed if you can fuse weapons to arrows yet because if so that's the only way I'm playing

Weapons no, but items definitely. I imagine Weapons, shields, and arrows will all have their own list of compatible things they can fuse with

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The overworld music in the gameplay trailer sounded like it’s the same but I have high hopes for the Dungeon/Boss Battle music

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I also like they included some areas to make it clear that stuff is very different like the Hyrule castle courtyard being settled and that one cut of Hateno Village. Not to mention it feels like the sky sections in the trailer felt absolutely dense with islands.

The only disappointment is, like others have said, is seeing Zelda once again seemingly regulated to the side again, but as a whole it was real good.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

trailer was ok, like the implication of a stronger story focus

hate the "lol zelda's a useless woman again lmao go rescue her link she might be an ai buddy in the final dungeon if you're lucky" aspect of the story, which frankly sucks and shouldn't be a thing nowadays. damsel in distress poo poo needs to gently caress off

As said by miyamoto, nintendo hardware simply isn't powerful enough to accomplish more than this, maybe zelda will do things in an illumination movie

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Given the fact that ganondorf has some very nice official art this time around, the hero from the legend having red hair, the fact that he evidently has one of the tears (it's the jewel on his forehead) like sidon and the others, the translation in each language being just slightly vague* about the identity of the king being revived, and the fact that the camera cuts away from the guy in front of the blood moon before we see his face, I'm genuinely wondering if Ganondorf is the actual villain, or if he's on our side for once?? Yes i am a ganondorf apologist, but, what if. C'mon nintendo you know you want to. Let him be Riju's overly dramatic weird uncle.

*Ganondorf: “Do not look away. You witness a king’s revival…and the birth of his new world.” ("his", not "my". Third person grandiose dialog, or...?)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

will you accept ruby

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Did Kass die

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yeah

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he got his dick caught in a woodchipper rip

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

maybe

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Blaziken386 posted:

Given the fact that ganondorf has some very nice official art this time around, the hero from the legend having red hair, the fact that he evidently has one of the tears (it's the jewel on his forehead) like sidon and the others, the translation in each language being just slightly vague* about the identity of the king being revived, and the fact that the camera cuts away from the guy in front of the blood moon before we see his face, I'm genuinely wondering if Ganondorf is the actual villain, or if he's on our side for once?? Yes i am a ganondorf apologist, but, what if. C'mon nintendo you know you want to. Let him be Riju's overly dramatic weird uncle.

*Ganondorf: “Do not look away. You witness a king’s revival…and the birth of his new world.” ("his", not "my". Third person grandiose dialog, or...?)

You know what? I kind of like this, even if it is unlikely

My personal Head Canon was that it is the same Ganondorf that appears in every game, as opposed to a reincarnation for Zelda and Link; A thief breaks into the vault of the Gods, they punish him by condemning him to be defeated over and over by the hero and the princess. And Ganondorf in WW feels like he knows he is fated to lose, but can't bring himself to stop. What if there was a time where Ganondorf goes "No. Enough. This all ends with me"?

This does not account for Demise and whatever happened in Skyward Sword but honestly I do not care.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I feel like this game might bring an end to the whole Zelda/Link/Ganon reincarnation thing

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

you find kass in the 4th cutscene

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

RatHat posted:

I feel like this game might bring an end to the whole Zelda/Link/Ganon reincarnation thing
Post-credits sequence where Link bequeaths the Master Sword to Linkle.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

You know, back in the pre-release hype for BotW, this is kinda what I thought was going on with the Old Man on the Great Plateau; the mortal man Ganondorf cut free of Ganon, the eternal Curse of Demise. Like at some point he'd gotten tired of being the unwitting instrument of some dead demon's grudge.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Bleck posted:

I personally think that is Demise, and the trailer also appears to feature the original, or at least previous, incarnations of Link and Zelda.

I'm wondering if we might be seeing the birth of the Calamity in this one. Maybe that's what the Zelda in the past cutscenes are going to show?

Ed: got myself an arm Link amiibo!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Demise's curse is perfectly capable of manifesting through non-Ganon means imo. You can't convince me that Malladus wasn't just another Demise incarnation.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, Demise is just nega-Hylia who curses her mortal incarnation and champion. Ganondorf is his instrument like Zelda is Hylia's, but unlike Link/Zelda Demise seems to have forced a kind of immortality on him instead of constant reincarnation.

It really doesn't change much about Ganon/dorf himself beyond that he's been quietly empowered in the background by a divine force innately opposed to Hylia. Much like Hylia directly empowers Link and Zelda with things like the Master Sword or Zelda's magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cattail Prophet posted:

Demise's curse is perfectly capable of manifesting through non-Ganon means imo. You can't convince me that Malladus wasn't just another Demise incarnation.

What's Malladus?