Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

a brigade, 316 members strong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

You should make top 50 within 4 weeks. That is what happened to me.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Instead of a most ignored user list, we should have a list of users with the most people on ignore. :devil:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Instead of a most ignored user list, we should have a list of users with the most people on ignore. :devil:

:hmmyes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Leal posted:

They should make IKs be immune to the block list

Thread iks can't be blocked from posts in the thread they IK. They can be blocked from posts made outside that thread.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
why dont any of the superstar dropdowns work

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

because radium was the coder, twenty years ago

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Thread iks can't be blocked from posts in the thread they IK. They can be blocked from posts made outside that thread.

lol

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

made it onto the top 100 ignored users list...

i admire your gumption and work ethic, 16bb.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

I can usually tell when they don't respond to my great posts.

A list would be nice, though.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Hrm.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

are you letting your power go to your head

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is why I don't ignore anyone

Same

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

lol radium

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

But actually. It would be very funny and it shouldn't matter because those users will just put the people making fun of them on ignore.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lol arf has more than double mine

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i picked up 30 extra ones since i started posting family guy quotes in the seinfeld quote thread

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

i picked up 30 extra ones since i started posting family guy quotes in the seinfeld quote thread

Lol

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dongicus posted:

lmao

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dongicus posted:

Lo

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I never ignore anyone because to me it's the same as calling the cops: bitchmade.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Dongicus posted:

Being reminded of a better show would be annoying.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
my god I'm an idiot.

sorry Dongicus and whoever had to read that report. should have been more than a sixer

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Dongicus posted:

warranted

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Cthulu Carl posted:

This is why I don't ignore anyone

Love it when someone decides to say that they suck for no apparent reason

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dongicus posted:

Devious.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

tak posted:

my god I'm an idiot.

sorry Dongicus and whoever had to read that report. should have been more than a sixer

it was funny. dw about it. just be a bit more careful and look at the video/comments in the future if you suspect something like that + check the drat postcount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Dongicus posted:

lol

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Dongicus posted:

it was funny. dw about it. just be a bit more careful and look at the video/comments in the future if you suspect something like that + check the drat postcount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post the report :twisted:

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the webcomic thread in cccc used to be total dog poo poo but its good now. i forgot why it got exiled but the bss comic thread has a meltdown if you dare say anything negative about webcomics. or anything positive about webcomics. or anything about webcomics

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the pyf comic thread is better than the cccc one, although it still subjects readers to its Towering Wall of Anime special attack at irregular intervals

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the pyf thread moves too fast i am like grandma

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the CCCC thread was originally in YCS and more of a standard mock thread, though it did occasionally dig up gems like It Hurts!! when it moved to byob it kept doing its thing for a while until some people started posting scans of published comics, which vastly improved the vibe and had everyone looking out for things they enjoyed rather than things to poo poo on

that iteration of the thread is gone because notorious rear end in a top hat Hogge Wilde reported it over and over again for the comic scans until the mods deleted it out of concern over potential legal action, but the general change in attitude stuck

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

what was Hogge Wild’s deal anyway?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

finn

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

NoiseAnnoys posted:

what was Hogge Wild’s deal anyway?

Being Finnish. But we already have three other Finns, so he's been let go.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dongicus posted:

:golfclap:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

was he really? that explains so much

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fun hater posted:

the webcomic thread in cccc used to be total dog poo poo but its good now. i forgot why it got exiled but the bss comic thread has a meltdown if you dare say anything negative about webcomics. or anything positive about webcomics. or anything about webcomics

It was like one person who was over-reactive to negativity, but there are so many other places to talk about webcomics here that people just shifted tabs.

Oxxidation posted:

the CCCC thread was originally in YCS and more of a standard mock thread, though it did occasionally dig up gems like It Hurts!! when it moved to byob it kept doing its thing for a while until some people started posting scans of published comics, which vastly improved the vibe and had everyone looking out for things they enjoyed rather than things to poo poo on

that iteration of the thread is gone because notorious rear end in a top hat Hogge Wilde reported it over and over again for the comic scans until the mods deleted it out of concern over potential legal action, but the general change in attitude stuck

I think the CCCC webcomic thread was originally inheriting both the YCS posting and the Ctrl+Alt+Del mockthread that was rebooted in GBS 2.0 after webcomic mockthreads were banned from BSS for being too sociopathic. And to be a little fair to the BSS webcomic thread, there was a period where posting a webcomic that was... I guess too lame by some arbitrary metric? Would lead to GBS 2.0 "lol if you care about webcomic" eruption before things mellowed out. So I guess the touchyness about negativity is rooted in not having that kind of miserable posting come back.