Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The Red Delicious actually probably did taste better when that guy was a kid, as they've been slowly bred to be bigger over time, and they've lost their texture and sweetness because of it. The ones grown in NY that you can find in the fall are much smaller and sweeter, and you can totally see how the giant ones out of Washington aren't as good.

EXCELSIOR!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

My wife has been a casual F Plus listener since we started dating and she had a very good observation after the Jack Chick apple rant. There’s an unspoken understanding within the ridiculists that they could have easily been a subject if things went a little differently in their lives and you can hear that come through when they’re talking about their strong opinions (Lemon with web design, Portaxx with animation, Jack Chick with Gala apples apparently)

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I found out about the new episode from this video, and the point where this comes into being is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsdjVVyH8r4

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

DemonTrigger posted:

I found out about the new episode from this video, and the point where this comes into being is amazing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsdjVVyH8r4

the CIA played the price is right womp womp noise when he got shot

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I wanna give huge props to the art for the apple episode. :discourse:

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit reads poetry from Fur Affinity dot Net.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

oh no

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Oh yes :sickos:

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It takes an immense amount of talent to make a poem in a language YOU invented that doesn't work in any way in either the one you made up or the one you actually wrote it in

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

That entire segment was a fever dream

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Death Bed: The Bed That Pees

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

set sail for pee pee

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I think Lemon's made the Fallout DLC joke at least 3 times but it's good EVERY TIME

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit explores an old internet huckster's woo website and cures anthrax.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This was a rough episode, I kept wondering how many people the fake doctor got killed. I'll listen to it again later when that idea feels less raw.

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

RandomPauI posted:

This was a rough episode, I kept wondering how many people the fake doctor got killed. I'll listen to it again later when that idea feels less raw.
If it helps any, I think most of the people she'd have reached were already burning herbs to stop vibes from giving them the plague.

Though without a doubt, it's still infuriatingly bonkers.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

The content for Ep. 365: The Bimboification of The F Plus was pretty average (for the FPlus), but the riffing was absolutely on another level. The readers seemed to all be having a great time playing off each other and the density of quality jokes was very high, including a NFT one that might be one of their all-time best. Also, I hadn't heard an episode with Sanguinary Novel before, but she's great here.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Zero_Grade posted:

The content for Ep. 365: The Bimboification of The F Plus was pretty average (for the FPlus), but the riffing was absolutely on another level. The readers seemed to all be having a great time playing off each other and the density of quality jokes was very high, including a NFT one that might be one of their all-time best. Also, I hadn't heard an episode with Sanguinary Novel before, but she's great here.

She's a regular on Extra Credit!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Speaking of Extra Credit the Frutarian episode caused me to look up what the gently caress they were talking about with The Last Soaper and OH MY GOD I haven't felt this way in years. I CANNOT tell the authorial intent of this. It's like every step of the way it's creating a character as a parody but he's a real guy

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
Extra Credit puts on a performance of Hamilton played by teens without the Hamilton or the teens.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Will we ever get a reading of the Hamtaro Sakura fanfic?

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Whenever an episode starts with The Lesbiathan shouting curses, I know we're in for a good time.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Disgusted with the nepotism present in Hamilteen

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The implied horror of the Extra Credit episode titled "The Wolf Cock Went Snitcher Snatch", is still stuck in my mind and I still haven't even listened to that episode yet :shepface:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

I can't entirely hate on this because I would have written almost this exact fic at that age except it would have been about RENT :allears: there is just something so alluring about the idea of Characters You Like enjoying Show You Like

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

LanceHunter posted:

Whenever an episode starts with The Lesbiathan shouting curses, I know we're in for a good time.

I wasn't having a good time :(

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Forewarning:
I am hard of hearing, and struggle to hear sometimes.

The new F+ on The Monarchy Forum is pretty good for the most part, but there are sections of it I just can't hear?
And the volume kept ramping up and down between readers and it's kinda weird to listen to.
Is this just me?

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Post poste posted:

Forewarning:
I am hard of hearing, and struggle to hear sometimes.

The new F+ on The Monarchy Forum is pretty good for the most part, but there are sections of it I just can't hear?
And the volume kept ramping up and down between readers and it's kinda weird to listen to.
Is this just me?

I’ll agree, the volume fluctuates a lot, and sometimes I can’t make out what some readers are saying.

Also, The Hapsburgs belong in Spain, and if don’t believe that, gently caress OFF!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
There was definitely something funky about the mix in this episode. Lemon just blurred into a fuzz like his voice was just really squished and flat compared to the others. It happens, I guess?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Sauce was just so clear that it broke everyone else's audio.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I didn’t notice any audio issues, but I was also listing on my iPhone speaker. Also, Sauce was a great addition.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I DON'T HAVE THAT PROBLEM

GOODBYE

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

The sheer volume of “Dear Monarchy Forum I Am Leaving Forever” posts

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The mad king George would be happy to know the torie cause is alive in Kansas and Ohio

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I've had similar audio issues with a few episodes, but I've also edited an episode, and it's hard to compensate for. People's audio setups will get you drastically different-sounding audio, and even the same setup will get different sounds because of how they're sitting or how loud they're being. It's hard when you're doing it just to your own audio, it's really hard when you've got six different tracks.

I don't remember whether this was an F Plus epsidoe or another collection of audio clips I was editing, but see how the top track has all these peaks and valleys, and then the second track is solid blocks of blue?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Squish everything down to like 3dB of dynamic range so it sounds like it's coming from a 60's record that's been played tens of thousands of times in a jukebox, problem solved

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Djeser posted:

I've had similar audio issues with a few episodes, but I've also edited an episode, and it's hard to compensate for. People's audio setups will get you drastically different-sounding audio, and even the same setup will get different sounds because of how they're sitting or how loud they're being. It's hard when you're doing it just to your own audio, it's really hard when you've got six different tracks.

I don't remember whether this was an F Plus epsidoe or another collection of audio clips I was editing, but see how the top track has all these peaks and valleys, and then the second track is solid blocks of blue?

Posting Kumquatxop's audio is cheating.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

LanceHunter posted:

Also, Sauce was a great addition.

Agreed. Sauce had some fantastic readings and I appreciate the "no, you have to keep going" urging.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Revisiting old episodes and the buttchugging episode is a laugh riot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think the question we're all wondering is, would the Hamilteens and the Potter's be able to overthrow the monarchy of a reincarnated Tzar Alexander?