Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

And at least the guy at the time admitted he did a really bad job playing it and didn't go "Cuphead is a bad game" over it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

the cuphead thing was later spun as being "a joke" like the puppetmaster defense

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

oh lol I'd forgotten that this was the same guy who gave an extremely negative review to the first Mass Effect because he just didn't assign talent points

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

oh this must be the real reason why disco elysium is so popular you can not assign any talent points and the games still playable

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

no thank you

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
no more biopics unless they are like the weird al one, thanks everybody

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

no more biopics unless they are like the weird al one, thanks everybody

Boomers just want to remember back when they were cool and sexy and felt like they understood the world.

Expect way more biopics to come, if anything

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I want a biopic about the first guy who went to Hollywood execs and pitched the idea of a biopic.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
My favorite genre of games journalism is journalists lamenting accessibility because a game was too hard for them, personally

"Demons souls/dark souls/2/3/bloodborne/sekiro/elden ring needs easy mode! Not for me, but for people with disabilities!"

Meanwhile you can find like 300 videos on youtube of people beating dark souls with their feet

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Justin Tyme posted:

Reminds me of the goon who got turbo pissed at the new Metroid game saying it was a buggy piece of poo poo because he didn't realize you had to hold the jump button to jump higher instead of tapping it and couldn't get past the first screen

the creator of God of War (the original one) got stuck in a very simple spot and went on a big rant about how poorly designed Metroid Dread was. that game sure broke brains.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Mirthless posted:

My favorite genre of games journalism is journalists lamenting accessibility because a game was too hard for them, personally

"Demons souls/dark souls/2/3/bloodborne/sekiro/elden ring needs easy mode! Not for me, but for people with disabilities!"

Meanwhile you can find like 300 videos on youtube of people beating dark souls with their feet

Nah even better are those that take up the accessibility arguments on behalf of these journalists with the tacit thesis that these journos must have a disability and that prevents them from enjoying the games as they are.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

being a games journalist is a form of disability

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Whirling posted:

Thinking about this a lot recently but it seems like only boomer conservatives make right-wing media anymore, with the younger ones being incredibly demoralized and only able to make memes or outrage bait videos at best. No idea what happened to make it so.

Outrage bit videos are easy for an individual to make.
Movies, and Television are hard, and expensive.

Those effen Bitcoin monkey cartoons probably hit the line, between,:cheap price to make; and ability to be widely known: the South Park line but for 2020's .

But also movies, and tv shows are becoming cheaper to produce, so all the right wring stuff ends up falling into Micro-Genre holes.
And whole old catalogs of films that didn't have an audience when they were first created, are now being watched, so there is less need for new films.

Time Changer | Full Movie | Is Time Travel possible? A Rich Christiano Film
This flick was made in 2001 ish? but it popped up on some streaming service feed recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCqZOEpPxE

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 23:17 on Apr 13, 2023

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Outrage bit videos are easy for an individual to make.
Movies, and Television are hard, and expensive.

Those effen Bitcoin monkey cartoons probably hit the line, between,:cheap price to make; and ability to be widely known: the South Park line but for 2020's .

But also movies, and tv shows are becoming cheaper to produce, so all the right wring stuff ends up falling into Micro-Genre holes.
And whole old catalogs of films that didn't have an audience when they were first created, are now being watched, so there is less need for new films.

Time Changer | Full Movie | Is Time Travel possible? A Rich Christiano Film
This flick was made in 2001 ish? but it popped up on some streaming service feed recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYCqZOEpPxE

is this related to the japanese genre of timestoppers?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This is my grandkid's current favorite cartoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRCYmbvfEs

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr Hootington posted:

Does your kid scream every time a character screams like a ear piercing call and responce? This seemed to do it to my kid. Good granddad, bad dad

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

the new Mickey shorts are so good lol

they’ll love this one:

https://youtu.be/yNdhDq-DF8k

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Didn't they already do a Dylan biopic with different people playing him? I think one was Cate Blanchet

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1646532363608813568

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
Yep. I’m Not There has Richard Gere and Heath Ledger playing different aslects of Dylan (iirc they never actually say Bob Dylan in the whole movie). It’s not amazing but it makes for a better biopic then the standard rock star rises - gets addicted to drugs - had a comeback narrative and it’s not as saccharine as something like Across the Universe

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cate Blanchett was the stunt casting Dylan but she was also the best Dylan

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

isnt literally any dylan casting stunt casting dylan

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

KirbyKhan posted:

Does your kid scream every time a character screams like a ear piercing call and responce? This seemed to do it to my kid. Good granddad, bad dad

No she says, "Monster Goofy so funny. Again!"

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the new Mickey shorts are so good lol

they’ll love this one:

https://youtu.be/yNdhDq-DF8k

They are, but she has latched onto theonster goofy.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

LGD posted:

a lot

he decided perpetually attending cons and hanging with groupies was more fun than writing (almost certainly true, whom among us, etc.)

though I guess he did work on worldbuilding for Elden Ring

The problem is that the popularity of the series made him treat his writer's block like an important thing to negotiate and solve, plus he probably wants to make it slightly different than the tv show?

He outta take more inspiration from his pulp writer heroes, they didn't give a gently caress about continuity or fan reactions, just drop whatever POVs aren't working and use new ones to finish the story! Or w/e idk

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

elden ring is so very fromsoft that i find it hard to believe grrm did anything other than coming up with the weird family of incestuous gods and naming them all with confusingly similar names. maybe came up with some of the hosed up things they do. idk maybe i'm wrong and he played the poo poo out of dark souls and his material just blends into the fromsoft material because he thoroughly understands their house style

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Jazerus posted:

elden ring is so very fromsoft that i find it hard to believe grrm did anything other than coming up with the weird family of incestuous gods and naming them all with confusingly similar names. maybe came up with some of the hosed up things they do. idk maybe i'm wrong and he played the poo poo out of dark souls and his material just blends into the fromsoft material because he thoroughly understands their house style

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

quote:

grrm coming up with the weird family of incestuous

:haibrow:

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

watching the hungry games with you know who for the first time and i have nothing important to say about it at all

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

boats + a certain someone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FgUUO9Ztd0

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

No she says, "Monster Goofy so funny. Again!"

They are, but she has latched onto theonster goofy.

this kicks rear end (and Monster Goofy one was also my first of that set of new cartoons and how I fell in love with them, although I was like 19 and not what sounds like 3ish)

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

maybe I'm "missing the point" of the hunger games but Katniss for real just needs to start shooting every good player sitting out in the open in the legs or arms. i'm watching and thinking to myself, "good guerrilla tactics would be injuring the two or three most important people but not killing them." you want Cato to be alive with a splintered leg or infection so that he slows everyone else down. i mean cmon!!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Like they were all out in the open after the food was blown up and it would have been pitifully easy to shoot at least 2 out of the remaining 3 in some way that's wasn't fatal but would make them a drain on their friends

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
It's supposed to be for entertainment she knows that the "show" runners would punish her somehow.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Like they were all out in the open after the food was blown up and it would have been pitifully easy to shoot at least 2 out of the remaining 3 in some way that's wasn't fatal but would make them a drain on their friends

shes a teenager whos still struggling with the idea of killing anyone at all is the whole reason shes taking the cowards way out of trying to starve them to death

i dont remember if the movies directly mention this but the main reason districts one and two are the yearly favorites is because they have academies where they explicitly teach kids to think like this so they can win

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

lmao first a Renfield movie now a movie about the ship that transported Dracula what's next a movie about the gypsy stagecoach drivers who take Harker to the castle on St. George's Eve 😂

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why did Dracula get on a boat

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

indigi posted:

It’s one of the more interesting parts of the novel, told through the ship’s log

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s one of the more interesting parts of the novel, told through the ship’s log

Yeah, that part is basically Alien a century before Alien, and there's a reason so much media pays homage to it whenever vampires are involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

indigi posted:

Well in the novel He needs to get to England from Romania so he can feed on our white women, and they haven’t exactly invented the airplane yet. Plus vampires need to sleep in/on their native soil and he hired the the boat to carry a bunch of crates of Romanian dirt so he can live in England to, as mentioned above, feed on white women instead of asiatic balkanites. Early Vampire fiction is entirely about repressed Victorian racial cuckold panic.