Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

Sharpest Crayon posted:

The colour spots on the back of the head reminded me of little punk mullet hairdo's

Anyway Bort is definitely hardcore.

OMFG I've died and gone to chicken heaven!!! I love the safety pin through her nares! Thanks so much! :cloudnine:

On a side note, Garibaldi is congenitally missing the claws on the outer toe of each. foot--I noticed it when she was hatching and forgot to mention it. It won't hurt her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHICKAM SPREE

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Sharpest Crayon posted:

The colour spots on the back of the head reminded me of little punk mullet hairdo's

I love this.

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

Sharpest Crayon posted:

:stwoon:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The chickens are cute there I said it

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Bortcore

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Milo and POTUS posted:

The chickens are cute there I said it

:mods:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hiyo, chicas!

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

drat, maybe I'll find a sample of chickens and make a short track this weekend...

manero
Jan 30, 2006

A buddy made this years ago, and now I share it with you all

https://soundcloud.com/discodork/diehard-the-bort-song

Edit: Now it's public, duh

manero fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Apr 15, 2023

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

'Hope' is the thing with feathers, that perches in the soul, and sings the tune, without the words, and never stops--at all.

While I was petting the chicks one of them started pecking at the blood vessel in my wrist. Thinking it was a mealworm...?

Not sure I like where this batch of chicks is headed... :derp:

EDIT: The chicks now have a grassy dirt clod!

Velvet Sparrow fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 16, 2023

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Vampire chicks confirmed :ohdear:

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:toughguy:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHICKAM SPREE

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Sorry I couldn't be up to date for a while, what's the situation, how are the chicks, who did we lose if anyone and how baby are the chickams still??? Last time I could check we still had two struggling to leave the egg house

edit oh my god they look like they're in full let's annoy everyone puberty already, magical chicks they grow up so fast

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Shhh, it's sleepy chickam naptime now :ssh:

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Sorry I couldn't be up to date for a while, what's the situation, how are the chicks, who did we lose if anyone and how baby are the chickams still??? Last time I could check we still had two struggling to leave the egg house

edit oh my god they look like they're in full let's annoy everyone puberty already, magical chicks they grow up so fast

We lost Chick 6 who didn't fully absorb the yolk of her egg. She held out for a few days with much love and care from VS and family, and passed peacefully in her sleep. :gbsmith:

The rest of the chicks seem to be in excellent health. Very energetic, already got some of their big chicken feathers!

Also I am shook that VS didn't adopt any feed store chicks yet.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Velvet Sparrow posted:

While I was petting the chicks one of them started pecking at the blood vessel in my wrist. Thinking it was a mealworm...?

I have another theory:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Sharpest Crayon, you are the best.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I am loving both the artwork and how rambunctious this batch of chickens are. :love:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHICKAM SPREE

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:rip: flamingo

You did your best 🫡

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

I love when they do the heron thing.

mmm normal chicken here I wonder what it'll do-

ZOOP

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I wonder what the chicks would say when they'd be told they are internet celebrities!

Probably something along the lines of peep peep but I can't speak for them

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 3 days!)

Tiny Myers posted:

I love when they do the heron thing.

mmm normal chicken here I wonder what it'll do-

ZOOP

Da FUQ you say to my girl?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I like it when the chicks peep

and the chicks peep at all times

God bless Chickam, mankind's greatest achievement

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Tuned in to hear some chick peeps, but it's corn coma time now :sigh:

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?
I love this thread, and also hatch a few chicks every few years

Right now we got some red and black sex-link, plus some azures

Stocky Manhood fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Apr 22, 2023

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

CHICKAM SPREE

Velvet Sparrow
May 15, 2006

Sharpest Crayon posted:

I have another theory:

OMG the meat gobbets in the background... :v: THE RED EYE!!!

The stretchy-neck zoop thing happens a lot. They're starting to grow actual feathers on their backs and chests, and have graduated from 'peep' to 'chirp'. Next will come that horrid, gawky teenage 'yorp-yorp-yorp' stage where their voices crack.
Oh, and they're flying pretty darned good, all horsepower and no brain...which means that soon, one will end up outside the box, panic at not being able to figure out how to get back in, and YELL for help while the others mill about in distress.

I'm happy to report that today, after 4 tries, the chicks have FINALLY caught on that corn on the cob is FOOD, and are pecking it!
I was starting to worry this batch weren't real chickens and instead were little mutant THINGS.

And I *have* been to the feed store, but all they had were older production breed chicks.
But tomorrow my poultry club is having it's first poultry swap of the year and we're going, I'm taking fertile eggs for hatching to offer.
The kid has loaded a couple of animal carriers in the trunk, but we already *have* chicks...

...right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm sorry to say Velvet but when they pecked your wrist they infected you with MOREHENS DISEASE. The prognosis is MORE HENS.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Velvet Sparrow posted:

The kid has loaded a couple of animal carriers in the trunk, but we already *have* chicks...

...right?

MORE CHICKS

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

A CRAB IRL posted:

MORE CHICKS

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

A CRAB IRL posted:

MORE CHICKS

:hai:

City of Glompton
Apr 21, 2014

more chicks more chicks more MORE CHICKS!

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

A CRAB IRL posted:

MORE CHICKS

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
More...chicks? Yes, more chicks.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

City of Glompton posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

City of Glompton posted: