Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Magus42 posted:

Yep packs are great value. Used to be that the packs (or maybe only the cheaper ones?) were $5 less in points value but now they're all equal.

If you spend $5 on points or whatever, also, the game remembers it and will let you get a pack discounted by that amount (minus the associated points). You have to go through their website and not the Steam store though (for the packs, if you bought the points on Steam you still get the credit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

victrix posted:

(do not, I repeat, do not spam apoet on every rare, use it to check uniques that your loot filter gets excited about, otherwise dump everything in a trade tab set to like 5 chaos, 10 chaos, whatever - believe me you'll know if you put something too valuable in immediately)

Yeah if you get flooded within seconds with 10 offers at the price you set an item at, you probably shouldn't sell it for that price lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ruthless ssf has a perverse mechanic where you benefit -- greatly -- from rolling mules to get skill gem rewards to xfer to your main char. meaning I'm looking at a spreadsheet deciding what alts to create to get flat aura gems.

I dislike this. otherwise ruthless has been ok so far. I'm in late act 3.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

You are playing the wrong game if spreadsheets arent your thing

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
He knew to make the spreadsheet. Templates don't come out of nowhere, sounds like the game for him.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I played eve for years, the spreadsheets aren't the issue. spending time to create alts because I know it's more beneficial -- to my main char -- to spend time playing alts instead of playing my main char is the annoying bit.

ruthless hasn't been bad so far, this is my first real gripe

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

victrix posted:

stash tab sale is up for nugoons

I'd recommend currency, maps, fragments, and at least one premium trade tab (regular size or quad)
Ok I understand this.

quote:

for trading itself, grab awakened poe trade and poe lurker to make trading a few clicks (do not, I repeat, do not spam apoet on every rare, use it to check uniques that your loot filter gets excited about, otherwise dump everything in a trade tab set to like 5 chaos, 10 chaos, whatever - believe me you'll know if you put something too valuable in immediately)

No fuckin' clue what any of this means.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I understand this.

No fuckin' clue what any of this means.

https://snosme.github.io/awakened-poe-trade/download

Awakened poe trade is an overlay you can use to get pricing information for items. Its very useful and I highly recommend it. I only use it to quickly check if an item is worth anything, but it can do a hell of a lot more and is very customisable.

One method of selling stuff is to have a public tab set up so that everything you put in there is put up for sale at a set amount of currency (usually 5c at a minimum). Then, you just dump anything vaguely worthwhile in there and see if it sells. If you get spammed with requests for the item immediately, take it out of the tab and price it properly, because its worth more than 5c.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
If you're still making your way through the story, don't worry about all that trade stuff. It only starts to matter when you're in maps, aka the endgame.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Noper Q posted:

If you're still making your way through the story, don't worry about all that trade stuff. It only starts to matter when you're in maps, aka the endgame.

Yeah I threw in the towel about a 3rd of the way into act 2

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Frank Frank posted:

Is it worthwhile to drop $20 on the starter pack in the store? I really like the game (for $20 at least) and wouldn’t mind assuming it’s worthwhile.

I posted a review of the stash tabs earlier, check my post history.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

totalnewbie posted:

I posted a review of the stash tabs earlier, check my post history.

Cool will do. Thread is almost as daunting as the game itself

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Frank Frank posted:

Cool will do. Thread is almost as daunting as the game itself

thread was pretty helpful to me when I was basically just liveblogging playing a new guy blind before league start

my recommendation is don't even bother trying to minmax and just goof off. the only irksome thing is screwing up allocation of passive skill points so maybe ask questions or check a guide about that if you're trying for a certain sort of build

in other news, the ruthless ssf 'make a mule to get skill gems' thing was the last straw for me. it's just too dumb all combined for a hc char where NOT doing that can have real consequences in missing a guard skill or aura, etc. I see why popular streamers hated the race announcement for this league. quitting my ruthless chars. it was fun to TRY ruthless -- I recommend trying it -- but it is not fun to DEDICATE one's gaming time to ruthless ssf hc given the current state of ruthless mechanics. anyway, I shall retire undefeated in ruthless ;)

I think I'm gonna make a league softcore trade char to see 'how the other side lives' and maybe even interact with goons.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

pmchem posted:

I think I'm gonna make a league softcore trade char to see 'how the other side lives' and maybe even interact with goons.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

pmchem posted:

my recommendation is don't even bother trying to minmax and just goof off. the only irksome thing is screwing up allocation of passive skill points so maybe ask questions or check a guide about that if you're trying for a certain sort of build

At this point in the league, goons have a lot of scours and are usually willing to do a deal on them.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

SC trade (and to a lesser extent other non-ruthless modes) is a totally different game where the campaign is just a small hurdle to unlock the actual fun. The Atlas and building up your character to screen-clearing godhood is where the real fun is imho tbqh

There really isn’t another ARPG out there that does character power quite like PoE does I don’t think. Chronicon is maybe the closest game I’ve played

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Six days in, and I think I am done with the league, which is the quickest I’ve got done with a league since I started PoE. Not a fan of bow skills, so I’ve been stuck playing last leagues builds, wondering what I am bothering with since there is nothing new to engage with (playing poison SRS and have no inclination to keep buying Severed in sleep and tossing them in the crucible to see if I get a 5% dps increase). Started as PF Impending Doom to try the new PF and it was fine - not bad, but nothing so amazing that I’m wondering how to force PF at the next league start.

I hope for GGG’s sake that whatever they are holding back for Exilecon is worth it, and that it doesn’t get smothered by the D4 season 1 start. PoE2 beta is going to of little interest to me. Hopefully the expansion and league are enough to make me feel bad about stopping a month in before Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield launch, if not I can thank Chris Wilson for saving me a years worth of supporter packs.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

TyrantWD posted:

Six days in, and I think I am done with the league, which is the quickest I’ve got done with a league since I started PoE. Not a fan of bow skills, so I’ve been stuck playing last leagues builds, wondering what I am bothering with since there is nothing new to engage with (playing poison SRS and have no inclination to keep buying Severed in sleep and tossing them in the crucible to see if I get a 5% dps increase). Started as PF Impending Doom to try the new PF and it was fine - not bad, but nothing so amazing that I’m wondering how to force PF at the next league start.

I hope for GGG’s sake that whatever they are holding back for Exilecon is worth it, and that it doesn’t get smothered by the D4 season 1 start. PoE2 beta is going to of little interest to me. Hopefully the expansion and league are enough to make me feel bad about stopping a month in before Baldurs Gate 3 and Starfield launch, if not I can thank Chris Wilson for saving me a years worth of supporter packs.

I agree with you, but their player counts so far do not agree lol (even if it's just generic ARPG hype or whatever, these numbers are still pretty wild):

Day 6 Concurrent Players:

Day 6 / Day 1 percent:

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

500 good dogs posted:

I agree with you, but their player counts so far do not agree lol (even if it's just generic ARPG hype or whatever, these numbers are still pretty wild):

Day 6 Concurrent Players:

Day 6 / Day 1 percent:

People want their ARPG fix after playing D4 beta. To me it is the opposite. Knowing that I’ll be going hard on a new ARPG in 7 weeks makes me less likely to play this league unless there was something compelling to keep me playing, but as a player with unique weapons, this is basically standard.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Kalandra was that high?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

whypick1 posted:

Kalandra was that high?

kalandra really imploded a week or two in as the player reaction snowballed and as GGG's early communication attempts backfired. Player numbers in kalandra also didn't drop as precipitously as people make it seem, but I will say that the drop in terms of player activity was loving massive. people weren't rerolling, there wasn't much of a market for new gear, and there was so little mapping going on a month+ in that new sets of flesh and flames were being generated at a glacial pace. The latter requires a huge number of maps being run to generate a new copy of any given set (like 6 figures of maps to generate a full new set) so ff generation is a decent barometer of total activity.

the other big thing was that the fall was so substantial after the first 4-6 weeks that people were not only not playing they weren't watching poe either. game was at 400-600 viewers any time matthil wasn't streaming.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 14, 2023

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Does accuracy matter for EAB?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
yes

Mr. Grumpybones
Apr 18, 2002
"We're falling out of the sky! We're going down! We're a silver gleaming death machine!"
Thank you

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

TyrantWD posted:

People want their ARPG fix after playing D4 beta. To me it is the opposite. Knowing that I’ll be going hard on a new ARPG in 7 weeks makes me less likely to play this league unless there was something compelling to keep me playing, but as a player with unique weapons, this is basically standard.

Brand new players/people checking the game out after a long hiatus probably aren't particularly bothered by a weak league mechanic anyways compared to established players. I think most people agree that the rest of the game is in a pretty good place right now whether you like Crucible or hate it

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

goferchan posted:

Brand new players/people checking the game out after a long hiatus probably aren't particularly bothered by a weak league mechanic anyways compared to established players. I think most people agree that the rest of the game is in a pretty good place right now whether you like Crucible or hate it

Yea I used to be a diehard 3.13 truther but I think the base game is better now than it was in Ritual with busted harvest. The Atlas tree was a stroke of genius

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Yea I used to be a diehard 3.13 truther but I think the base game is better now than it was in Ritual with busted harvest. The Atlas tree was a stroke of genius
the atlas tree in general is a good change, but some of the changes they're making to league mechanics as a result are getting kinda iffy. like breach getting blown up into uselessness, metamorph not getting improved and synthesis getting killed.

i dread the day we see an expedition rework.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride

goferchan posted:

Yeah, this is me. Started playing in 2011, but I haven't touched the game since Synthesis, and even then only casually, so it already seems like an overwhelming amount of content, even with the current mechanic being a miss.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I'm having a lot of fun still, but it might as well be in Standard. I also could fish for severed in sleep but meh. What I have is fine for now, and now I haven't touched the mechanic since Sunday.

I have this weird mental block where spending money on frags causes me pain. I like to work up to Sirus, Shaper, Maven, etc myself. Which means I'm still missing two watch stones like an idiot.

Tomorrow I'm going to just burn through excess maps with boss rushes to at least fight maven. See if my build has enough DPS to hard carry me though maven. gently caress that last memory phase especially.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Can someone take a look at my LA Deadeye please? My current plan is to get a Hyrri's Ire (once I can afford it), but I'm curious to see if there's something obvious that I can change in the mean time to improve my damage noticeably. I'm finding T15/T16 kinda slow to clear and would really like to get the character's damage to a point where I don't have to either: spam LA, or rely on my Artillery Ballistae to help with killing packs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/neurotech/characters?characterName=THIS_IS_A_BOW_CHARACTER

(Ignore the Artillery Ballista and it's links' levels, I recently used the GCP recipe to get them all to 20 quality)

r0rb
Oct 14, 2012

xZAOx posted:

I'm having a lot of fun still, but it might as well be in Standard. I also could fish for severed in sleep but meh. What I have is fine for now, and now I haven't touched the mechanic since Sunday.

I have this weird mental block where spending money on frags causes me pain. I like to work up to Sirus, Shaper, Maven, etc myself. Which means I'm still missing two watch stones like an idiot.

Tomorrow I'm going to just burn through excess maps with boss rushes to at least fight maven. See if my build has enough DPS to hard carry me though maven. gently caress that last memory phase especially.

I have never survived that last memory phase ever, can't see a drat thing!

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

neurotech posted:

Can someone take a look at my LA Deadeye please? My current plan is to get a Hyrri's Ire (once I can afford it), but I'm curious to see if there's something obvious that I can change in the mean time to improve my damage noticeably. I'm finding T15/T16 kinda slow to clear and would really like to get the character's damage to a point where I don't have to either: spam LA, or rely on my Artillery Ballistae to help with killing packs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/neurotech/characters?characterName=THIS_IS_A_BOW_CHARACTER

(Ignore the Artillery Ballista and it's links' levels, I recently used the GCP recipe to get them all to 20 quality)
you have chain + gmp + lifetap on your primary. you are probably running around 1.5 links worth of damage on your primary skill.

drop chain and gmp, replace them with both crit supports, drop one of your frenzy charges and put those points into the pierce wheel. that will roughly triple your dps and you will clear much better.

you are also going pretty far out of your way to grab all the frenzy stuff you can when you can drop those nodes, get farsight and deal just as much damage, especially when i don't see you having a way to maintain frenzy charges beyond charge on kill.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Pouring one out for Saqawal gang. A friend of mine showed me the build last night and it is/was goofy as poo poo and looked like a lot of fun - shame it was melting servers!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

pmchem posted:

my recommendation is don't even bother trying to minmax and just goof off.

This is the key imo. Lots of people love to get real sweaty with this game, and if it works for them I'm glad they're having fun, but I've been following this strategy since open beta and it's never steered me wrong.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So, umm, I guess I need a "build" for my atlas tree too. My CF champion applies physical dots and epxlodes mob packs. What would be good? Breach and Legion are no no's. I currently have rogue exiles, strongboxes, shrines and essences :v: And some torment. 20-30 possessed rogue exiles in a map is the best, pity I can't get it all the time.

I calculated I can throw at least 17 points away, even more if I spec away from boxes & shrines for example. But what to take instead.. what to take instead.

What content would be good to a very durable build which kills single target rares & bosses somewhat slowly.. my dot dps is only 360k with 10 stacks. Could get it to 500k with a few gem upgrades, but still saving money for them.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why are you saying legion is a no no.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Ihmemies posted:

So, umm, I guess I need a "build" for my atlas tree too. My CF champion applies physical dots and epxlodes mob packs. What would be good? Breach and Legion are no no's. I currently have rogue exiles, strongboxes, shrines and essences :v: And some torment. 20-30 possessed rogue exiles in a map is the best, pity I can't get it all the time.

I calculated I can throw at least 17 points away, even more if I spec away from boxes & shrines for example. But what to take instead.. what to take instead.

What content would be good to a very durable build which kills single target rares & bosses somewhat slowly.. my dot dps is only 360k with 10 stacks. Could get it to 500k with a few gem upgrades, but still saving money for them.

1) please post your pob, would bet there are some things you can do to be able to handle single target better

2) cf champ should be fukken up all the mobs in breach or legion, but to directly answer the question - expedition and exarch/eater altars if you can read, blight and ritual if you can't

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

euphronius posted:

Why are you saying legion is a no no.

Seriously, CF champ is insanely good at farming legion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Maxroll has an A+ champ CF guide as well.

I was trying the build this week but dropped it because it’s too many buttons