Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

That looks hella sorted to me :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

And isn't it ironic...

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Karate Bastard posted:

That looks hella sorted to me :colbert:

Ayyyyyyyy, Sorted!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Eew wtf

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn, this is an unpleasant flashback. What a miserable time in my life. At least I had the good sense (read: private emotional meltdown) to walk away after a year!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Humphreys posted:

The 91 knives did it for me

What are they going to do, sell a 276 pack of assorted cutlery?

quote:

(read: private emotional meltdown)

Thread title?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Shai-Hulud posted:

And isn't it ironic...

:golfclap:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Crescent Wrench posted:

Goddamn, this is an unpleasant flashback. What a miserable time in my life. At least I had the good sense (read: private emotional meltdown) to walk away after a year!

They used to call it the "golden handcuffs" but now regular consultancy type jobs expect this poo poo and pay median wages.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Poohs Packin posted:

They used to call it the "golden handcuffs" but now regular consultancy type jobs expect this poo poo and pay median wages.

The golden handcuffs were the increasingly large bonuses that won't fully vest until next year, so no matter when you quit you leave a ton of cash on the table.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

The golden handcuffs were the increasingly large bonuses that won't fully vest until next year, so no matter when you quit you leave a ton of cash on the table.

They mostly do this with stock options that vest in ~3years now

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Humphreys posted:

The 91 knives did it for me

91 Plastic Knives, on Nena's B-side release

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

91 Plastic Knives, on Nena's B-side release

That works so well my brain is workshopping lyrics non-stop. In German.

Something about a picnic, a basket and so many ants

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Xlorp posted:

poor xlorp, thought of ants and rhymed

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Poohs Packin posted:

Lol, capitalism can't even do grift right anymore.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Frank Frank posted:

My employer does that. The raises are poo poo (2%-ish) but if you did well, you get a stock package that vests in 33% portions over 3 years annually.
They did the hiring bonus like that, too.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Frank Frank posted:

My brother in law is halfway through his vesting at Tesla and he's been counting the days since like a month in. He didn't make good choices

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I once started at a small and cool startup that had offered fully-paid sabbaticals and vested options after 5 years. They were acquired by a larger company exactly 4 years and 9 months later. The first thing the owners did was promise they would not get rid of the sabbaticals or vested options, but they got rid of them after the first employee hit 5 years.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

deep dish peat moss posted:

I once started at a small and cool startup that had offered fully-paid sabbaticals and vested options after 5 years. They were acquired by a larger company exactly 4 years and 9 months later. The first thing the owners did was promise they would not get rid of the sabbaticals or vested options, but they got rid of them after the first employee hit 5 years.
I would get up from my desk and walk out and never stop walking

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think you meant “unvested options” right? I don’t think it’s legal to just cancel vested stock options that are already paid for.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I meant that as in the options were unvested, then became vested after 5 years, yeah. And I did quit shortly after that :cool:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 14, 2023

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

That's why these sort of options are worthless unless they have an accelerated vesting trigger on company acquisition

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Xlorp posted:

Huh.

I got 91 knives on my dresser yessir and I gots to get paid

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nena is a weird anti vax, COVID is not real, anti -authoritarian conspiracy nut these days, so she's probably carrying 91 Kitchen Knives like some tricked out Tonberry

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

lmao

no sympathy for overpaid computer touchers

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

only cursed because when I look at the Dell logo on those I imagine it as a bunch of crumbs someone collected from dell keyboards

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Keyboard goop seasoning

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
Gotta give that goop some seasoning.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we've all been waiting for this Gwyneth Paltrow/Dell Computers crossover

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sigvatr. I had to go look up the username.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Mozi posted:

we've all been waiting for this Gwyneth Paltrow/Dell Computers crossover

Why is nobody buying my range of Gamer scented candles

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
They have been advised to spend less on candles OP

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Inceltown posted:

Lavendar Bay is north of the bridge though, it's where Luna Park is. Also there are no UK backpackers in the story. 2 factors that show it isn't actually Eastern Suburbs

Peak Eastern Suburbs got us this emote though
:itwaspoo:

Yup, was mixing it up with Rushbutters Bay, though to be fair, anywhere along the harbor with old money is just hosed up as standard.

And really Lav Bay is like 2km from Rushcutters so it's not going to be THAT different

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

CW: pizza violence

https://twitter.com/akbrews/status/1647015382744551424?t=eh31_inz6alx9gxm1j4pcg&s=19

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

My fiance and I are flying to Seoul on Monday for two weeks - I'll try to have a first-hand account of this monstrosity upon our return

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

y'know in New York those bubbles are considered a sign of underproofed dough

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/Eol7TDj.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/V4s8DL1.mp4

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Kinda goofy presentation but I’d eat like half that pizza and probably enjoy it.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

wat

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I broke a finger a few years back and it had to be pinned with three nail-like pins about 2.5 - 3 inches long. After 6 weeks, I went to the surgeons office to have the pins removed.
He got out a pair of standard looking tool chest pliers and started yanking away. He'd get a good grip on the exposed end of one pin at the back of my hand and yeet. Very very strange feeling. It didn't hurt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Invalid Validation posted:

Kinda goofy presentation but I’d eat like half that pizza and probably enjoy it.

Only if it was actually a dessert pancake kind of thing. That floppy break standing in for pizza crust is :nyd: