Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Sabine's rear end can destroy my world

E: great page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Giving the Mando N1 a SLAM is just opening the door to the missile boat to show up. E wings vs missile boats. Who says no?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I saw elsewhere someone suggest that the episode title has a double meaning and refers to the scouting party themselves as a reference to The Twelve Spies, a group of Israelites sent by Moses to investigate their people’s future homeland.

I do not know enough about Jewish religion/culture to know if this is a valid idea.

Moral of the 12 spies was to trust in God. Whole idea is that some went and got scared because they saw it was full of giant warriors and reported that - and a couple came back with positive news about how rich the land was. The people got more scared by the negative, so they didn't get their homeland until that generation died out.

I guess it works if it results in them still not getting Mandalore back. Even though I figure deus ex underwater will save the day.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Doronin posted:

That's where I am with that show, too. When it was good, it was pretty awesome. I absolutely loved the finale showdown between Vader and Kenobi and thought Kenobi's overall arc of rediscovering his connection with the Force was pretty decent. Yeah, the show had issues, especially with tone and pacing, but it wasn't the pile of poo poo a lot of viewers purported it to be. I actually enjoyed it a little more than BoBF.

Yeah and I just want to add that I've read A LOT of hate spewed at the Obi-Wan Kenobi show by various chuds online over the dumbest poo poo. Just the loving gross bullshit thrown at Moses Ingram alone is enough for me to graciously look past any flaws the show had and focus on the loving amazing positives. And if that puts me on the opposite side of those fuckwit assholes then good, count me as an official card-carrying fan of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Enjoying a bad show to own the chuds?

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Mandalorian is rarely subtle, so as far as traitors go I don't think it's the Armorer. One, she beat the poo poo out of Gideon's stormtroopers when they assaulted the Covert. Two, going up to the fleet knowing that an ambush is coming is not very wise; it's a lot more likely you'd die in space than if you just disappear during the ground assault (like Axe did).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

CornHolio posted:

I don't know if it's been pointed out, but in the Ahsoka trailer... no, behind that... there is an E-wing.

Does this imply that World Devastators may be canon, or on the horizon?

I can only see one thing in this picture and it is majestic

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The traitor is IG-12 I mean Babu Frik. It's been broadcasting everything this whole time!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Butterfly Valley posted:

Yup. If I actually don't think it's bad then I don't see the problem.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I 100% expected the Armourer to come out of the foggy clouds to see the fleet burning or or at least in a desperate fight for their lives and I was actually kind of amazed they didn’t go for the obvious scene. I would have put money on it.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

some kinda jackal posted:

I 100% expected the Armourer to come out of the foggy clouds to see the fleet burning or or at least in a desperate fight for their lives and I was actually kind of amazed they didn’t go for the obvious scene. I would have put money on it.

I also was surprised. I expect because they didn't do this and dragged it out to next episode that the assault on the fleet either relies on Mandolorian turncoats to disable the flagship or the imperial assault isn't going to work with the ground team getting a deus machina save by the flagship appearing overhead.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I’ve convinced myself that the Armorer will take her helmet off in the season finale, so I am wracking my brain for an appropriate character from CW or Rebels for the big reveal.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’ve convinced myself that the Armorer will take her helmet off in the season finale, so I am wracking my brain for an appropriate character from CW or Rebels for the big reveal.

itll be Mallatobuck

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Owlbear Camus posted:

itll be Mallatobuck

That’d be fun.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:drat:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

3 Action Economist posted:

Mandalorian is rarely subtle, so as far as traitors go I don't think it's the Armorer. One, she beat the poo poo out of Gideon's stormtroopers when they assaulted the Covert. Two, going up to the fleet knowing that an ambush is coming is not very wise; it's a lot more likely you'd die in space than if you just disappear during the ground assault (like Axe did).

That aside, both her and Gideon's helmets bear the horns of the supposedly-scattered/extinct Death Watch.

It might be far more likely that the "spies" are/were the Mandalorians that conveniently showed up on the sail barge and had no other credentials other than "they kinda look like us" and have a knowledge of history that they could've been briefed on.

But, if that were the case, they had every opportunity to quite literally back stab them while they were trapped, unless they were under strict orders to let Gideon finish his evil gloating and monologuing.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Apr 14, 2023

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Marsupial Ape posted:

Satine, who used the force to survive her light saber stabbing since thats all the rage these days.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Marsupial Ape posted:

"So you see, Operation Necromancer was indeed a success" (the Armorer removes their helmet to reveal the face of Plo Koon)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Marsupial Ape posted:

Omega

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
rey

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

Chuds aim at bad shows and movies. They're all about winning, so if they know a vocal majority or an actual majority dislikes something, they'll blame it on being "woke." If it's really well received, they get really quiet about it and movie on to something else (or act like it's "not woke" now).

This *just* happened with Super Mario Bros, as people were complaining about Luigi being kidnapped instead of Peach and ramping up, then it set box office records and you have right wing stuff saying it's anti-woke, somehow now.

That's why its getting annoying to have actual criticism of stuff, since they just co-opt it as part of their narrative and people start assuming you're one of them.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Under her helmet is a series of progressively smaller helmets until we get to an Anzellan head, at which point the two dozen of them standing on each other’s shoulders disperse when Grogu tries to squeeze the group.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Wrong accent. We need to hear Omega pronounce “Babu Frik”.

Adult Omega showing up does need to be a thing, though. Wanda Sykes could be in live action by playing elderly Phee. It all works out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

Wrong accent. We need to hear Omega pronounce “Babu Frik”.

Adult Omega showing does need to be a thing, though. Wanda Sykes could be in live action by playing elderly Phee. It all works out.

Personally I’m assuming we likely won’t be seeing any live action Bad Batch cameos until at least after the series ends next year but who knows

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's ok to enjoy bad TV. I like Ted laso going back to his premier league days.
Just let owning the chuds be incidental. Or you'll be drinking bud lite.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I thought this episode was fantastic and amazing. Like I've love the whole season so far but I didn't like the first couple of episodes as much as the back half of the season which was super loving good.

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

Apparently, the go to speculation is Rook Kast, Gar Saxon's number 2 from Maul's Shadow Collective.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Larryb posted:

Personally I’m assuming we likely won’t be seeing any live action Bad Batch cameos until at least after the series ends next year but who knows

Thats what I think too. Especially since Tech died, I imagine they want to keep us guessing as to what happens to who and a cameo would destroy that suspense.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Hellbore posted:

Apparently, the go to speculation is Rook Kast, Gar Saxon's number 2 from Maul's Shadow Collective.

Interesting. Totally forgot about her. I also forgot about Satine and Bo’s nephew, Korkie. Wasn’t there some speculation that he was Satine and Obi’s love child?

The Filoni-verse has gotten large enough that my ADHD is starting to red yarn dumbshit, again.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

swickles posted:

Thats what I think too. Especially since Tech died, I imagine they want to keep us guessing as to what happens to who and a cameo would destroy that suspense.

I meant in the foreseeable future, but you do make a solid narrative point. Tech is going to get Winter Soldiered. He fell of a train into a snowy ravine. Gotta happen.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CHUDs only poo poo on stuff that's popular so they can use it to recruit angry young men into fascism by telling them BB8 is a little white cuck ball or whatever else when really that angry young man just didn't enjoy a movie.

But now that angry young man has friends, and those friends will tell them everything they want to hear until one day, hey, it's not your fault you're not succeeding at life. It's *those* people's fault, and if we just did something about them, we could take this society back to how things should be, where you're somebody by virtue of being born a cishet white dude.

It's not a complicated playbook, or even a new one, but it's damned effective and the internet has made it happen rather a lot faster than it used to.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Somehow, Palpatine has returned, as a mandalorian.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I would say enjoy what you want to enjoy and criticize the things you want to criticize and don’t lose sleep about whether it’s aiding fascism or not. I’d apply that to most things really.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
There’s no way Bo Katan is getting out of next week alive. There’s no heel turn coming, which means she’s basically run out of track as a character.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

LividLiquid posted:

CHUDs only poo poo on stuff that's popular so they can use it to recruit angry young men into fascism by telling them BB8 is a little white cuck ball or whatever else when really that angry young man just didn't enjoy a movie.

But now that angry young man has friends, and those friends will tell them everything they want to hear until one day, hey, it's not your fault you're not succeeding at life. It's *those* people's fault, and if we just did something about them, we could take this society back to how things should be, where you're somebody by virtue of being born a cishet white dude.

It's not a complicated playbook, or even a new one, but it's damned effective and the internet has made it happen rather a lot faster than it used to.

I’m lucky to have had a father who reminded me everyday that everything bad in my life is my own goddam fault. Seriously lucky.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

General Dog posted:

There’s no way Bo Katan is getting out of next week alive. There’s no heel turn coming, which means she’s basically run out of track as a character.

She can just be in the show less. She's a useful character to kick the plot along in the same way that Greef is at the moment.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

General Dog posted:

Din hasn't even been made her wife yet.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The way they treated Tech in the lead up to the latest season finale of Bad Batch makes it plausible that they would be treating Bo-Katan the same way. She has been having her moments this season.

The best argument you could level against this inevitability is that Bo-Katan is a notable strong female mandalorian character.

But uh, guess what we're getting in Ahsoka regardless.

:shrug:

E: Parallels to Pedro Pascal's survival waifu having an early exit in The Last of Us.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 14, 2023

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

HootTheOwl posted:

Just let owning the chuds be incidental. Or you'll be drinking bud lite.

new thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Wild guess: The Armorer is captain phasma