Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fun hater posted:

its the other one that has never been successfully ejected from my brain. go ahead and look away if you dare bitch

this poo poo is so insane i cant help but laugh thinking abt someone drawing this entire thing and at no point going "hmm hold on"

ah. hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Jazerus posted:

yeah the biggest issue with the game imo is that unless you're absolutely obsessed it's not really reasonable to "finish" a character within the span of a league. always gonna be a few steps away from the peak unless you're very lucky. and since a pretty large chunk of players only play the first month of a league, the economy falls to poo poo for 2/3rds of the season.

the league structure is pretty core to how the game works at this point but i would still play it occasionally if i could hop onto old characters and do the new content, but i can't so i don't

Yeah I’m hoping Diablo 4 scratches that itch a little better tbh.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

the gently caress

that’s the idea I’m guessing

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

comics loving rule

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Idk why but a long time ago the yospos admin (toby) replaced his av with all the gang tags that were available at the time. Maybe it was to protest how they were becoming so common because that dude just was a miserable curmudgeon of a nerd. Whatever. But when I pointed out that one of them was from adtrw he immediately took it out
loling at this

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Dongicus posted:

i picked up 30 extra ones since i started posting family guy quotes in the seinfeld quote thread
lol

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

looking at the list of most ignored users again and man, i'd managed to completely forget about FAROOQ

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Alaois posted:

looking at the list of most ignored users again and man, i'd managed to completely forget about FAROOQ

:drat:

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Alaois posted:

who

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
we are the nation!

of domination!

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
The CCCC comic thread put me onto a lot of great printed stuff like Beauty, Dungeon, and that utterly bizarre alt-history/fantasy JFK series.

Also the last sagas thread put me onto Dragon Quest 11, my first DQ game. Only a couple hours in but the localization alone has been worth the price of entry.

Comics and videogames are good is what I'm saying.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I thought the archived comics thread was hidden away for editing out of the scanned comics, and that it may one day return in our hour of need

perhaps that was another thread

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

I thought the archived comics thread was hidden away for editing out of the scanned comics, and that it may one day return in our hour of need

That was one of the newspaper comics threads, IIRC, which was spirited away to the admin forum after a DMCA by Gary Larson's people.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

That was one of the comic strip megathreads from BSS where Far Side strips needed to be removed.

Unless there's more than one archived comics thread. :confused:

e: f,b

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i would just say we did it and not do it and not tell him lol.

i dont forsee larson v of yospos in my crystal ball

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
just remembered what the imp zone voting buttons were for like a day

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I remember how they're breaking IP and / or copyright laws and are going to get this site sued!!!!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The day astral went milquetoast with power

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hot Diggity! posted:

I remember how they're breaking IP and / or copyright laws and are going to get this site sued!!!!

Yeah well I'm just gonna buy the rights and sue Jeff, that'll show him

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

The day astral went milquetoast with power

The m slur? That's a paddlin.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

The m slur? That's a paddlin.

ban + 30 for spelling it with a hard T.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Shouldn't he be dcmaing imgur, or was someone actually attaching them to posts

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pog boyfriend posted:

with that said im all in favour of extending the self promotion clause etc to get rid of the cr*zy moments on SA guy. and i think we can all agree on this - and unite as a Community.

whos this?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

NoiseAnnoys posted:

ban + 30 for spelling it with a hard T.
Misquedoasd?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

lollontee posted:

whos this?

Guy Mann

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lollontee posted:

whos this?

SA's most miserable dickhead has pivoted to scraping the sagas thread for Twitter material instead of reporting posts that call him a miserable dickhead

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

SA's most miserable dickhead has pivoted to scraping the sagas thread for Twitter material instead of reporting posts that call him a miserable dickhead

and not reporting fully on them, if they were more "entertaining" with details like one of the people RPing in a dead forum being way underage removed

if he was doing a good job I'd probably give it a pass

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Guy mann did a huge song and dance announcing to everyone that Ian Miles Cheong had an account here but was real quiet when we disproved it

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
hes a morbidly obese keyblade wielding panda... id watch myself if i were you

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

The Kins posted:

That was one of the newspaper comics threads, IIRC, which was spirited away to the admin forum after a DMCA by Gary Larson's people.

The 2021 newspaper comics thread, which has been edited and restored to the regular forums. It's kind of insane to think that Gary Larson would care about that thread, but the newspaper comics threads are popular, and actually well-regarded outside of SA as a repository of old, current, and foreign comics. That's what got me interested in this place

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Guy mann did a huge song and dance announcing to everyone that Ian Miles Cheong had an account here but was real quiet when we disproved it

How can you prove someone doesn't have an account?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hes a morbidly obese keyblade wielding panda... id watch myself if i were you

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Powerful Katrinka posted:

The 2021 newspaper comics thread, which has been edited and restored to the regular forums. It's kind of insane to think that Gary Larson would care about that thread, but the newspaper comics threads are popular, and actually well-regarded outside of SA as a repository of old, current, and foreign comics. That's what got me interested in this place

Gary Larson is a well known ko*k

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

The admins did also go and permaban all his accounts and several alts that never posted after it was pointed out in SAD that he was jonesing for things to post to twitter so bad that he was digging out pretty raw personal memorial posts from the In Memoriam thread in QCS/SAD to repost on his stupid twitter account.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Gary Larson has a lengthy history of not particularly liking people posting his cartoons around the internet outside of his control.

2010-Era Gary posted:

To attempt to be "funny" is a very scary, risk-laden proposition. (Ask any stand-up comic who has ever "bombed" on stage.) But if there was ever an axiom to follow in this business, it would be this: be honest to yourself and -- most important -- respect your audience.

So, in a nutshell (probably an unfortunate choice of words for me), I only ask that this respect be returned, and the way for anyone to do that is to please, please refrain from putting The Far Side out on the Internet. These cartoons are my "children," of sorts, and like a parent, I'm concerned about where they go at night without telling me. And, seeing them at someone's web site is like getting the call at 2:00 a.m. that goes, "Uh, Dad, you're not going to like this much, but guess where I am."

2019-Era Gary posted:

Okay, “scary” might be a little melodramatic, but years ago, when I slowly started realizing I had a second publisher and distributor of my work, known as Anyone With a Scanner & Associates, I did find it unsettling enough to write an open letter to “whom it may concern,” explaining — best as I could — why I preferred that the people doing this would kindly refrain. I won’t rehash it all here, but my powers of persuasion had at least some impact, and many of my fans were very understanding and responsive. Maybe it takes a warped mind to understand a warped mind. (No, seriously, my thanks to those who removed my cartoons willingly, or even begrudgingly.)

Finally, I also concede I’m a little exhausted. Trying to exert some control over my cartoons has always been an uphill slog, and I’ve sometimes wondered if my absence from the web may have inadvertently fueled someone’s belief my cartoons were up for grabs. They’re not. But it’s always been inherently awkward to chase down a Far Side–festooned website when the person behind it is often simply a fan. (Although not everyone is quite so uncomplicated in their motives; my cartoons have been taken and used to help sell everything from doughnuts to rodent control. At least I offer range.) So I’m hopeful this official website will help temper the impulses of the infringement-inclined. Please, whoever you are, taketh down my cartoons and let this website become your place to stop by for a smile, a laugh, or a good ol’ fashioned recoiling.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

when word filter modding and speech to text collide…

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I am so enamoured with Far Side I must immediately scan and upload every piece so everyone else can see it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Nuns with Guns posted:

The admins did also go and permaban all his accounts and several alts that never posted after it was pointed out in SAD that he was jonesing for things to post to twitter so bad that he was digging out pretty raw personal memorial posts from the In Memoriam thread in QCS/SAD to repost on his stupid twitter account.

yeah I'd already forgotten about that macabre little episode, good lord

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

I am so enamoured with Far Side I must immediately scan and upload every piece so everyone else can see it.

in fairness, Far Side is ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Don't worry Guy Mann is still reading and documenting the forums.

Go away Guy Mann.