Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Lol. Lmao.

:black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

what the gently caress was your hellcannon doing?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I killed off the ogres and the Lahmians right away with Astragoth. Not sure what to do about Kholek walking around but I have to pick a direction and I think I'll head north to try and rush the short victory conditions?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kestral posted:

I got ambitious and jumped Astragoth across the mountains to strangle Azhag in the cradle on like turn 4, and crushed him. My pleasure at this accomplishment was greatly diminished by a wardec from some random fuckin' ogres who stomped in with two full stacks and proceeded to roll my part of the Darklands up like a rug. I strongly suspect the "murder Azhag and take his cool mountain regions" play is viable, but that was clearly not how to do it, at least on higher difficulties.

I was experimenting with VH/VH Astragoth starts and those dickhead ogres are the number one knife in the back most of the time. Despite being a literal one settlement nobody faction, 3 out of my 4 starts had them appear with two full stacks(admittedly mostly garbage chaff, but enough to overwhelm your outpost garrisons easily) to shank me in the back before turn 10 unless I went and killed them first after uniting the starting province.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

FrenchBen posted:

Taking a port settlement is mandatory for increased trade but you risk opening yourself to more wars too,

A bit late for that. I've wound up embroiled in a war with the rats and, uh... all of the Southlands except Thorek. :v:

I tried to be friends with Repanse, but she was already friends with Tiktaq'to by the time I'd met her and he declared war on me shortly after meeting me so that was that.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

what the gently caress was your hellcannon doing?

I got surprise attacked by the enemy attacking from the right when I was pointing leftward, so wasn't able to turn fast enough.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

uh, have you always been able to see how far an enemy lord can move by clicking on them? this owns

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

uh, have you always been able to see how far an enemy lord can move by clicking on them? this owns

Yeah lol since at least like Rome 1

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lmao i've just never done it then

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i allied with rictus and then learned that although skaven only have 20 aversion to chorfs, the zharr lads get a 60 diplo aversion back at the rats. so i had to murder my own kin so they'd stop stealing my seats because they hated my loving guts for daring to sit at the wrong lunch table

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Kazzah posted:

They also reduced their other stats by a fair bit - not proportionally, it's still an overall buff, but it's not that crazy:

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS
Model Count 4 → 12
Additional Hit Points 1,150 → 400
Charge Bonus 50 → 35
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Base Weapon Damage 15 → 10
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 25 → 15

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS (FLAPPAS)
Model Count 4 → 12
Hit Points 5,856 → 6,288
Charge Bonus 75 → 60
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 25 → 15

SNOTLING PUMP WAGONS (SPIKY ROLLERS)
Model Count 4 → 12
Additional Hit Points 1,440 → 500
Charge Bonus 50 → 35
Rank Depth 1 → 2
Armour Piercing Weapon Damage 40 → 20
Bonus vs Infantry 20 → 15

booooo!!!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i allied with rictus and then learned that although skaven only have 20 aversion to chorfs, the zharr lads get a 60 diplo aversion back at the rats. so i had to murder my own kin so they'd stop stealing my seats because they hated my loving guts for daring to sit at the wrong lunch table

I love how lore accurate the chairs system is.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Yeah, that's on you, thinking that a Chorf would hate like some cuddly rodent.

genericnick fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Apr 14, 2023

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Why do chorfs start right next to ungrim? Also hello eternal dwarf hellwar

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The Dawi never name the Chorf for they are a source of great shame to their people, separated for thousands of years.

Don't look to the east. Pay no attention to the horizon tall smoke clouds. Disregard the miles of pipe and train lines.

These are the world end mountains. There's nothing past this point. World's flat. You'll fall right off!

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Kazzah posted:

The half-second delay on all tooltips is really giving me the shits.

I think I saw in some preview vid that there's setting sliders for tooltip delays etc, in the esc menu screen iirc

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
I need to find a good punching bag for RoC Zhatan. I killed the Chorfs to my southeast and am about to wipe out the Dwarfs to my southwest. Tretch is losing his war and fighting skaven always sucks. Zhufbar exists,and might work, if I fortify the nearby towns.

I wonder if you could get a stable economy with enough convoys selling gold and armaments for labor to maintain it indefinitely.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I didn't even notice tooltip delays, but there might be something with the scaling. When I try to mouse over the landmarks in the popups half the time they will disappear before I get there.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

When I started Astragoth IE I had my first defense lord raiding the Norscans to the north. Mostly overcame the per turn labor burn whenever it got close to what I needed and they were a really underdeveloped loser faction. I tried raiding Grimgrog's adjacent ogre lands after he decced and went from 50 labor a turn to 150.

Raiding good.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Chorfs say something that sounds like, 'CORN DOG' and now I can't unhear it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

genericnick posted:

Yeah, that's on you, thinking that a Chorf would hate like some cuddly rodent.

i love plagueclaws more than i love the lives of dwarfs

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Astragoth is insane. Not only can he wipe the floor in melee, but his spells are crazy too. Hells Hammer or whatever its called can get 300+ kills per cast if the enemy is blobbed up enough. With the right skills, you can get that to like 7 WoM per cast

Dont sleep on the free unit of centaur bulls dual weapons either. I just send those guys around the flank and usually forget about them and then see that they get 400+ kills per battle with no losses. I send the centaur hero with them too and he gets insane charge. I have him at 115 charge in addition to a skill that increases that by 50% automatically. Dudes a fuckin wrecking ball. Cant wait until i can make more centaurs to send with him

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
So which dawi artifacts are you guys seizing and which are you feeding the drill with? It's kind of a dilemma.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Tiler Kiwi posted:

You didn't join skaven anyway, since they're great sources of labour.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I have begun to chorf and it is good

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jarvisi posted:

So which dawi artifacts are you guys seizing and which are you feeding the drill with? It's kind of a dilemma.

Haven't gotten that far, but I am 100% keeping the Lens of Mogrim for myself. 20% extra range and a lot of missile damage armywide is no joke for Zhatan, and the drill equivalent bonus is only a 10% factionwide warmachine upkeep reduction.

If there wasn't a final battle coming up where I want my army as good as it can get I might put it in the drill, but for now, nope.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 14, 2023

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Panderfringe posted:

You didn't join skaven anyway, since they're great sources of labour.

just play on the difficulty that means you fight twice as many enemy armies. you won't have to care about labor

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Love keeping Skaven around because every once in a while I can jump into a battle and hear the little stinkers say 'squirt the musk of fear'. Can't pass that up

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
I pretty much fell in love with the Chorfs turn 1 of starting as Zhatan in the RoC map, wherein my Blunderbuss unit absolutely poo poo-wrecked a unit of trolls, and before they could flee to regenerate Zhatan throw his net on them and I shot the rest to death. Zhatan has very good reasons to laugh.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

my only complaint so far is that there doesnt seem to be a train mount for chorf lords. seems like a massive oversight imo

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

They really knocked it out of the park with this one, chorfs are an absolute joy to play.

Who is everyone favorite chorf LL so far?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Zhatan's laugh alone on faction select makes him my favorite by far.

Being an immovable object Dwarf Melee Lord with a super strong net innate is great too. He starts with a free sorcerer too so no spell woes. An extra convoy early means you can control your resource intake and farm super strong magic items twice as fast very early on. Then he gets +artillery on an artillery faction.

Stylish as hell too.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Zhatan is funny since his mages get a better mount.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Netting chargers right in front of a row of blunderbusses is very very fun :allears:

Also I think Zhatan can play a little more passively with the extra caravn trading for labor.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Oh neat Chorfs get the RoR hellcannon battery that is just 4 hellcannons jammed into one unit. IIRC that was a Norscan RoR for one of the final god dedications.

Yeah, I'm getting that. As for warmachines, I played around more with them. Right now, at t2, the only choice is magma cannon. They are the cheapest option, they take 2 turns to recruit instead of 3, and they are much more effective than either skullcrackers or iron daemons. Deathshrieker rockets are quite nice, and are definitely a reason to bring some laborers, because they can cause murderous friendly fire damage too. High arcing fire is always nice too, but under ideal conditions I think the magma cannon are better. I havent got to Dreadquakes yet, but if they play out the way I think they do I think dreadquakes mounted on an iron daemon is the way to go.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 14, 2023

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Bloody rats ruining my capitalist hellhole! Stop it rats!

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Why are my chaos dwarfs calling people hack frauds?

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Jarvisi posted:

It's not that bad. Once all the orcs in the area are dead you're surrounded by chorfs and dwarfs who won't do much.

I need to finish this stupid drill though

Oh it is. I've wiped out the two nearby orc factions pretty easily. Since then the neighboring vampire counts, ogres, another chorf, skaven, and finally Grimgor have attacked. And yeah Ungrim just razed a settlement.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Helion posted:

Why are my chaos dwarfs calling people hack frauds?

They are fans of RedLetterMedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Zoom in and you can hear them chanting "AT! STs! AT! STs!"