Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
That's Murkoph lying down there by tittybird, right? And is that a khert ghost baby lion with the birds?

e: Also, of course that bit of kindness/friendliness popped off a happy khert-eel.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

day-gas
Dec 16, 2020

I only just saw a post on her tumblr that there is a Book 2 - will we still be with Sette and Duane? Is it a new raft of characters entirely?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
She has said in the past that some characters will be leaving with book one, but hasn't said which, or how, or who will continue to stick around.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Duane and Sette will stick around.

there are no particular guarantees what will happen to them otherwise, and they're both apparently immortal in one or more senses, so,

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ah, i see darkest paul is now encountering an overworked IT department

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Ticketing system is hosed up.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Google Jeb Bush posted:

ah, i see darkest paul is now encountering an overworked IT department

lmao

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Prakhuta is a dick.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

knew there was something fishy about that guy

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

habeasdorkus posted:

Prakhuta is a dick.

That's not Prakhuta, that's Cutter.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i guess he never shared the story behind the whole melted-face thing with anyone, otherwise they'd probably be less surprised

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

gotta say, this page makes me despise Emne more than all the previous ones, and i think it has something to do with her pulling the "you abandoned me" card on a man saving her and everyone else, and then getting worse

on the plus side we get some remarkable elka faces, and also knock helpfully reminding everybody that the frummagems offer discreet and affordable removal services

A.o.D. posted:

That's not Prakhuta, that's Cutter.

yeah

yeah

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Knock being a solid Wingmanwoman

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

gotta say, this page makes me despise Emne more than all the previous ones, and i think it has something to do with her pulling the "you abandoned me" card on a man saving her and everyone else, and then getting worse

Agreed, if Karl wasn't such a jerk, she wouldn't be playing this card. Or at least it would probably be more like "Oh sorry I thought you were dead, I'm so happy you are alive and well, but I'm with this other guy now, sorry, bye! Oh, and mind taking our daughter Chea away with you since you're here?" Instead it's "plan B failed horribly, hey, look, there's plan A again all of a sudden and it looks pretty good again right now!" I hope Emil isn't buying her crap.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

on the plus side we get some remarkable elka faces, and also knock helpfully reminding everybody that the frummagems offer discreet and affordable removal services

Meanwhile, yeah, both of these things were pretty great. I mean, the other stuff is good in a story telling way, but the latter is good in a plain old fun sort of way.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah Emil better not fall for it

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I don't think Emil ever had a ton of choice in the matter in the first place, Esme Toma wanted to marry the hero Emil and so she did. Who knows what the laws are about marriage in Cresce, but I somehow doubt Karl will survive this section.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

oh uh wait hang the gently caress on

lmao while we're about to get the Friday drop, on Wednesday I completely missed the vliegeng in the background arriving to kill the queen

i have been basketball-gorilla-suited :negative:

e: lol, posting about this made the actual update drop and god bless moosa

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
an endless menagerie of lovely parents

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

LOL at Elka throwing up the cuckold horns. Though I think those are supposed to go on Esme.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Those are antlers, not bull's horns. She's wearing them.because Esme called her Moose-a.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That makes more sense.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

ROGER FOI-HELLICK

#LemuelWasRight

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol and, dare I say, lmao

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Folks I'm beginning to think the ol' Etalarche Curse might be a security risk.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
We can worry about that after Roger Foi-Hellick is finally dead.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You'll NEVER catch ROGER FOI-HELLECK, who we have hidden for his protection behind this impenetrable RUBE GOLDBERGIAN SERIES OF IMPROVISED HOME DEFENSES

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Went back to do a reread, and I hadn't realized Cope had already shown us Nary choking Sette as early as chapter 2. Now that is some foreshadowing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

tumblr anons asking the important questions

quote:

Who among the current cast does Knock think is cutest?

quote:

Toma. She wouldn’t mind a rough arrest, a light beating, and a cavity search from that pig, oink oink suuuuu-wee.

bah! I'm Knock-Me-Down, not Push-Me-Over! Break it next time, pansy-arse!

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 20, 2023

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Man, re-reading I'd forgotten how downright heroic Jivi was. I'd been thinking too much about how he was a teenager [derogatory] since the Litriya Shrine arc and forgotten how often he'd leapt to save lives before that.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Jivi is unambiguously the best human being in the cast thus far.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Better than Toma? Dude's a military man and thus an absentee father, but I don't recall anything worse than that.

e: also, Matty is an angel.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Man, today's page is great. Can't decide what I enjoy more, Duane teaching pymary mid-battle, or that bug he coughs out while yelling at Knock.

Edit: on reflection, it's the battle-tutoring. I've said before that Duane has huge player-character energy, and the trick he's describing is exactly the kind of bullshit players who've read the entire sourcebook try and pull.

Player: Can I do the thing?

GM: I... guess, but it'll probably kill you.

Player: How about using X and Y by exploiting Z and β to do the thing?

GM: Why do I even try?

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Apr 21, 2023

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Knock is aware of the Vimes Socioeconomic Theory Of Boots.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can't say I expected Knock to last this long as a character, but I'm happy she's still kickin'.

habeasdorkus posted:

Man, re-reading I'd forgotten how downright heroic Jivi was. I'd been thinking too much about how he was a teenager [derogatory] since the Litriya Shrine arc and forgotten how often he'd leapt to save lives before that.
Yeah, Jivi's a capital G "Good Person" most of the time, which isn't something you can say about most of the characters in this comic. He has his shortcomings, but it's mostly growing pains stuff.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

habeasdorkus posted:

Better than Toma? Dude's a military man and thus an absentee father, but I don't recall anything worse than that.

e: also, Matty is an angel.

Matty is an innocent. Toma tries to do good, but he's motivated by duty and is burdened with indoctrinated prejudices. Jivi does good to everyone who he sees needs it. It's not his job to be the hero, and there is no expectation of him to defend others, but he does that anyhow because that is who he has chosen to be.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Toma tries to do good, but he's motivated by duty and is burdened with indoctrinated prejudices.

is he, though? he’s never shown the blind nationalism that Duane has, though that’s partly because Bell was never subtle about putting Toma in the crosshairs. he hasn’t denounced the Queen directly but he also doesn’t have the full details of her plan and is currently more interested in saving the people in his immediate vicinity

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

habeasdorkus posted:

Went back to do a reread, and I hadn't realized Cope had already shown us Nary choking Sette as early as chapter 2. Now that is some foreshadowing.

I remembered the papered-over memory (which is red, that's a nice touch) but not the many grasping hands which haven't been removed. That's quite creepy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

"You're making a garrote of the harnesses?! you can't hit-" "My darling, I already have." Duane. :allears:

You dress like a man! Now show me you can cast like one!

Duane. :negative:

otoh computer magick is cool as balls

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i bet he thinks that was a solid motivational speech, or even a serious compliment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011