Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Someone get this man a warm washcloth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That plinkety-plonk bit of music you hear on a lot of short meme videos is from Harry Potter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That plinkety-plonk bit of music you hear on a lot of short meme videos is from Harry Potter.

The horror note?

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I'm currently reading the All Creatures Great And Small series by James Herriot. I never knew before how often veterinarians have to get all up inside cows' and horses' buttholes.

If you can, try to find the original British formats (the first 6 books were short and compiled into 3 bulkier ones in the US); the American editions lost multiple chapters, mostly in All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Things Wise and Wonderful (2nd and 3rd compilations, drawing from Let Sleeping Vets Lie, Vet in Harness, Vets Might Fly, and Vet in a Spin). Funny that it's the two books with "all things" in their titles that lose significant amounts. ACGAS gets a pass, mostly omitting just one epilogue. After those 6/3, the releases do match.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Harvey TWH posted:

If you can, try to find the original British formats (the first 6 books were short and compiled into 3 bulkier ones in the US); the American editions lost multiple chapters, mostly in All Things Bright and Beautiful and All Things Wise and Wonderful (2nd and 3rd compilations, drawing from Let Sleeping Vets Lie, Vet in Harness, Vets Might Fly, and Vet in a Spin). Funny that it's the two books with "all things" in their titles that lose significant amounts. ACGAS gets a pass, mostly omitting just one epilogue. After those 6/3, the releases do match.

This is the collection I was given for my birthday:

Harvey TWH
Sep 6, 2005

Want some peanuts?

This is the collection I was given for my birthday:

That looks good, nice attractive box too. (Some old paperbacks had cute cartoony covers, but no matter.) You should expect to find everything in there, no missing passages or stories. Now I feel like getting a matched set like that myself. What year was that one printed?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The images on the spine don't line up

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Brawnfire posted:

Honestly would be a fuckin drealbreaker, hard stop. Imagine having to look at that. Hell no.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

That’s loving hilarious

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Grassy Knowles posted:

That’s loving hilarious

It's great because its exactly the kind of thing that would drive him crazy

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Sachertorte was invented by a chef named Franz Sacher. It does not come from the German word for sugar like I always thought.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Harvey TWH posted:

That looks good, nice attractive box too. (Some old paperbacks had cute cartoony covers, but no matter.) You should expect to find everything in there, no missing passages or stories. Now I feel like getting a matched set like that myself. What year was that one printed?

Brawnfire posted:

The images on YOUR spine don't line up.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The images on YOUR spine don't line up.

That’s not lowtax

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Grassy Knowles posted:

That’s not lowtax

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

The thing about James Herriot is that his books might as well be titled "everyone is ignorant and wrong except for James, who is very clever".

It might be the truth, I don't know, but I got sick of reading it again and again by the end of the second book.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

The thing about James Herriot is that his books might as well be titled "everyone is ignorant and wrong except for James, who is very clever".

It might be the truth, I don't know, but I got sick of reading it again and again by the end of the second book.

I lived in the countryside for five years and everyone there was stupid as all hell.

e: Although it was slightly entertaining, at least, to see from our kitchen window the neighbour sinking into the bay every single Spring at the same spot. I guess if my wife was as shouty as his, I'd take up desperate ice-fishing too.

(The bay is like one meter deep at that point. There's no fish.)

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Apr 3, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I lived in the countryside for five years and everyone there was stupid as all hell.

I have to agree

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
OTHERS ARE DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE BAD

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Lincoln posted:

i specifically meant 3dmegadoodoo and his rural friends

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lincoln posted:

They vote for the Bad Parties exclusively so yeah.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

:hmmyes:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This person has a point

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I always thought this song was by Eric Clapton.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Pea shells are indigestible

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

Pea shells are indigestible

What the gently caress is a pea shell? You mean pods?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the gently caress is a pea shell? You mean pods?

No, definitely pea shells.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Ya, you poo poo out the green bit that goes wrinkly when you cook it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Skin.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pea Shells... but Who's Buying?:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Torquemada posted:

Ya, you poo poo out the green bit that goes wrinkly when you cook it.

You don't pea it out?

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ah, you mean the membrane of the pea cell.

While searching for a diagram to support my obviously correct take, I cam across this site: https://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/labs/extraction/howto/

quote:

Certain sources of DNA should not be used, such as:

Your family pet, Fido the dog
Your little sister's big toe
Bugs you caught in the yard

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Tell me the last name time anyone named their dog Fido.

e: dammit

credburn has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Apr 14, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

credburn posted:

Tell me the last name anyone named their dog Fido.

Smith

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

She sells pea shells by the pee shore

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
What did you have for breakfast?
Pea soup.

What did you have for lunch?
Pea soup.

What did you have for dinner?
Pea soup.

What did you do all night?
Your mom.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fido the Dog is the name of the cat

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nameless Pete posted:

What did you have for breakfast?
Pea soup.

What did you have for lunch?
Pea soup.

What did you have for dinner?
Pea soup.

What did you do all night?
Your mom.

For 16 million people, that's Thursday.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Twenty years later, I realize Copeland's album is called "Beneath Medicine Tree", not "Beneath the Medicine Tree"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

FreudianSlippers posted:

Pea Shells... but Who's Buying?: