Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's incomprehensible but in the same way farmers everywhere on these islands are incomprehensible.

I like that it makes the rte guy sound like the bbc by comparison though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Oh yeah, are you ready for the final boss of Irish accents?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pit0OkNp7s8

(Actually fairly understandable to me since I grew up out themways, but apparently it's mystifying to outlanders)

See I can understand *most* of what he's saying, enough to get the gist. Don't know if I could handle him pissed though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Definitely seems like a fast show character.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Convex posted:

the newspaper for the modern man who is just following orders
And not the modern woman who is *checks note* ruining the natural family order by not using tupperware.

transphobes define gender as natural and ancient without instantly going back to 1950s gender roles challenge (impossible)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is feminism that has destroyed tupperware and not the fact that you can buy genericised plastic pots for a fraction of the price and without the weird social element.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
No, its because you can get all the plastic containers you need from an order from a chinese or indian restaurant.
Or just buy 20 of them for a fiver from Aldi/Ldl/Poundstore.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 14, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes but you can't prove that those ones weren't full of penises.

The genital obsessed freaks at the Mail probably spent all of their investigative fund on finding out if there is any truth to the rumour that China has been urinating in their pepsi.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

Don't forget the pics of young totty jumping in joy when exam results are out.

Telegraph is particularly bad for that.
Only slim (but with 'child bearing hips') white girls with long straight hair get A-levels according to the photos. Hardly ever see children of colour, boys, or those of us built more for record-breaking Antarctic swims than running in their results photos.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I will speak out as a County Antrim dweller and enjoyer. After 20 years in london I very much enjoy the landscape, nature and lack of people and traffic jams. As long as you stay away from the Paisleyite Prod hellholes it’s a very agreeable place to live

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Tesseraction posted:

See I can understand *most* of what he's saying, enough to get the gist. Don't know if I could handle him pissed though.

I feel the same way about the farmer in Hot Fuzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs-rgvkRfwc

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Telegraph is particularly bad for that.
Only slim (but with 'child bearing hips') white girls with long straight hair get A-levels according to the photos. Hardly ever see children of colour, boys, or those of us built more for record-breaking Antarctic swims than running in their results photos.
Telegraph ladies need those A levels to claim that the left now hates teddy bears and the Panama Canal.

https://twitter.com/sundersays/status/1646626492057628672

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

lol, Brown Moses got banned again

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

josh04 posted:

Oddly enough I was reading about this on pcgamer (of all places) this morning.

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-guy-who-leaked-ukraine-war-plans-on-discord-got-busted-because-of-his-steam-profile/

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

josh04 posted:

Imagine having to fill out your CIA expenses report for buying your way out of a ban.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Interesting article on Starmer (so long as you can stand the sneery Tory tone of the piece):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/04/13/keirs-blunders-paving-way-unprecedented-fifth-tory-victory/

Basically saying that Starmers strategy of:

Is grossly insufficient to win a significant election victory and is opening the field up for the Tories to make a comeback and win a 5th term in office.

quote:

Keir Starmer’s blunders are paving the way for an unprecedented fifth Tory win

Faced with a competent opponent, he is scrambling for an alternative message – and seemingly failing

To win the next election, Rishi Sunak needs three miracles. The first is for the small boats to stop, which now looks possible after the Albania deportations. Next, he needs to turn the widely predicted recession into recovery – which he may still do. But the third factor is one that he has no control over: he needs Keir Starmer to miss the historic opportunity in front of him and squander what was once a 30-point opinion poll lead. On that front, so far so good.

"Our lead is soft,” says one concerned shadow cabinet member. “And we still don’t have much of an agenda.” Should they have, at this stage in the election cycle? The election is getting closer, possibly May next year. So where was New Labour, 12 months out? By April 1996, it was standing tall. Members of the shadow cabinet had become national figures. Robin Cook had given his eviscerating response to the Scott Report into the arms-to-Iraq affair. Gordon Brown was famous for spending restraint. George Robertson and Donald Dewar had devolution plans ready to go.

This would require an agenda – and it’s far from clear that Starmer has one. His attempts to explain his philosophy via long speeches and articles have all seemed to deepen the mystery rather than clear anything up. The text of his last speech was published by The Spectator and, midway through, we buried an offer of free champagne to anyone who read that far. No one claimed it. But at the time, a vision didn’t matter so much. Now, with the local elections next month and general election next year, voters are seeing Labour not as a protest vote but as an alternative. It’s a higher bar.

The hope in No 10 is that Labour has not yet been subjected to the scrutiny given to a government-in-waiting. A poll last weekend showed the Labour lead down by almost two-thirds to just 11 points. It is an outlier, but the aim in No 10 is to reduce the lead to 10 percentage points by Christmas. This present may arrive earlier than they expected.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pistol_Pete posted:

Interesting article on Starmer (so long as you can stand the sneery Tory tone of the piece):

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/04/13/keirs-blunders-paving-way-unprecedented-fifth-tory-victory/

Basically saying that Starmers strategy of:

Is grossly insufficient to win a significant election victory and is opening the field up for the Tories to make a comeback and win a 5th term in office.

Pretty much. He's running the Hillary Clinton strategy of going on stage and saying "I'm not Donald Trump" only for people to turn around and say "at least he's funny"

Starmer's ability to deepthroat corporate boot is only impressive from a technical perspective, but I can't see how it's meant to appeal to swing voters. Instead he's doing all this psycho poo poo about a cop in every toilet and if people want a police state they won't vote for Labour because they see Labour as the party of queers and muslims, even if Starmer has systematically removed anyone not a straight white reactionary (Wes Streeting is kept as a shield).

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
That Telegraph column taught me this exists

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/2588/contents/made

Pretty sweet having your own personal law passed to allow you to not pay tax on your pension

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it assumes, as the "moderate" political thinkers generally do, that the "swing voter" whatever that is, is a dispassionate being which will weigh the policy positions of all parties and gravitate towards the sensible, moderate position located just short of the extremity of tory thought, if offered. And that they absolutely can not be persuaded by people who can put on a show, give the impression of standing for something, and being a convincing human being even if a horrible one.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Genuinely can’t think of a single issue that Starmer has definitively opposed the Tories on

Can’t even think of any issue he’s had a decisive opinion on, except maybe “in favour of lying for short-term gain”

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I think the chances of Keith doing a Kinnock are very good , and the way things are going with the Motorhome enjoyers in Edinburgh I don’t think he even has a hung Parliament to count on

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TACD posted:

Genuinely can’t think of a single issue that Starmer has definitively opposed the Tories on

Can’t even think of any issue he’s had a decisive opinion on, except maybe “in favour of lying for short-term gain”

He's definitively opposed to the Tory policy of not letting Keith be in charge of implementing Tory policy.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
It's like that Guardian interview from a few weeks back with some senior Labour figure (Raynor?) who flat-out admitted "We know our policies aren't going to inspire anyone, but it's our turn, and people will vote for us because we're the sensible alternative to the Tories."

Since they admire Third Wayists so much you'd think they might ask Hillary Clinton how that approach turned out for her, but I guess not.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well we got rid of our Trump, so obviously the leopards won't eat our face this time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

wait WHAT is that real?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

at least it’s an upgrade from “no blacks no dogs no irish”

progress

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

josh04 posted:

You have no idea the internet rage i'm feeling atm with the action of certain tankies on this site for this and killing off the GBS Ukraine thread several months ago... not happy at all.

Said my bit. :colbert:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What did he get banned for? I don't think posting AI pictures in the AI thread three weeks ago is the actual reason?

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

wait WHAT is that real?

No

Only registered members can see post attachments!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jel Shaker posted:

at least it’s an upgrade from “no blacks no dogs no irish”

progress

And before it was due to Irish looking for jobs.
Now its because the Irish are too smug coming from a better functioning country.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

What did he get banned for? I don't think posting AI pictures in the AI thread three weeks ago is the actual reason?

Read the pc gamer article I posted. It was related to that.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Shame

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

And before it was due to Irish looking for jobs.
Now its because the Irish are too smug coming from a better functioning country.

Certainly too smug for how barely functioning our country is

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/tabitasurge/status/1646769616939540480?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

https://twitter.com/tabitasurge/status/1646784286450647040?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

Between this and the Leader of the Opposition promoting conversion therapy churches two years in a row, it's astonishing how hard and fast our 'liberal' public sphere is radicalising.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Can't remember who said it, but the biggest obstacle to liberalism in Britain is the British Liberals.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

OwlFancier posted:

Didn't know brown moses was a car guy

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Just Another Lurker posted:

You have no idea the internet rage i'm feeling atm with the action of certain tankies on this site for this and killing off the GBS Ukraine thread several months ago... not happy at all.

Said my bit. :colbert:

Why would be bothered, he can just bill USAID for :10bux: to unban.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Someone at Bellingcat found out who leaked classified US information 24 hours before the US military arrested him, because the guy had posted it on discord and the discord was trivially tied back to him. This means Brown Moses personally went to the guy's house and arrested him / beat him up / stole his lunch money.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Brown Moses got banned because his organisation grassed up the NATO leaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

It is feminism that has destroyed tupperware and not the fact that you can buy genericised plastic pots for a fraction of the price and without the weird social element.
It's definitely women snubbing tupperware and chosing to go out and work, and not the fact that the cost of everything is astronomical and everyone has to have 3 jobs.

smellmycheese posted:

The general election is going to be decided on penile percentage points. Will Keith hit back with a spicy 99.99 % ?

Lol, and after finally losing Owen Jones by trying to please these cunts by playing up to their transphobia, they still stab him in the back.

When will he learn (the answer may not surprise you).