Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Just as long as we can force Ganondorf to eat his vegetables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
not gonna lie, a giant 3D Robirdo rolling through Hyrule would be pretty rad regardless of context

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
look it up, Robirdo is a real thing that happened

edit: her name in Chinese roughly translates to Big Mechanical Catherine

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Mask Gates opening like
https://i.imgur.com/LyRchD0.mp4

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

MorningMoon posted:

Also a special menu at the restaurant Lawson. So far they've only announced karaage

The triforce of karaage

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Also Link should have a beard.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

spicy zelda karaage....

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Holding out for a Yakuza promo, Nintendo back to its roots

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Overbite posted:

The triforce of karaage

:hai:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
It's really honestly unbelievable that Nintendo put out The Legend of Zelda in 1986 and it was instantly a groundbreaking title, among the best of all time - and now the same company, with a lot of the same creative leadership, is putting out new Zeldas in 2023, which everyone safely assumes will also be groundbreaking and among the best of all time. Is there any other company in entertainment with comparable longevity?...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

disney made snow white in the 30s and made (searches for most recent good disney film) and made the muppets in 2011

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

george miller has been making good mad max films for 5, maybe 6 decades

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dragon quest probably the closest video game comp its only a couple months newer than zelda

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That reddit video shows Link shooting an arrow with a plant attached that sticks to a wall and lights up the room.
Also confirms there are either underground sections or pretty big cave areas.

This loving game is gonna kill me. I'm beyond hyped.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The fan made interactive collectibles map is gonna require a 30 series gpu just to render all 3 levels of elevation.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Polo-Rican posted:

It's really honestly unbelievable that Nintendo put out The Legend of Zelda in 1986 and it was instantly a groundbreaking title, among the best of all time - and now the same company, with a lot of the same creative leadership, is putting out new Zeldas in 2023, which everyone safely assumes will also be groundbreaking and among the best of all time. Is there any other company in entertainment with comparable longevity?...

*Extending my ultrahand to pick up a hanafuda card*

Way ahead of you, pal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ultrahand Ultrafunkula

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

david byrne put out talking heads in 1977 and made 'pay attention' in 2019

'my bologna' 1979, the weird al movie 2022

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Super No Vacancy posted:

disney made snow white in the 30s and made (searches for most recent good disney film) and made the muppets in 2011

Relatedly, I hate marvel films, but after the Zelda trailer I *guess* I get how marvel fans feel

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I wonder how the new runes will interact with constructs.

If I make a catapult and rewind the projectile, can I make a suicideapult?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Inzombiac posted:

That reddit video shows Link shooting an arrow with a plant attached that sticks to a wall and lights up the room.
Also confirms there are either underground sections or pretty big cave areas.

This loving game is gonna kill me. I'm beyond hyped.
It's probably likely that there's not an entire Hyrule-sized underground layer but even having a number of substantial caves is going to be cool. Elden Ring only really has like 3 underground areas to speak of (not counting subterranean dungeons) compared to the rather extensive surface and they're still pretty memorable.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Polo-Rican posted:

Relatedly, I hate marvel films, but after the Zelda trailer I *guess* I get how marvel fans feel

We're excited for this game though instead of the implications of what this game will mean for the next phase of the franchise rollout

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Zat posted:

I love the music that plays on TOTK's official Japanese website. This game is going to have a great soundtrack.

Click "on" when you load the page (it's sound on/off):
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/totk/index.html

This is giving me Mario Galaxy vibes (with a distinctly Zelda flavor), which is very promising because Galaxy’s soundtrack was god-tier, just lightning in a bottle

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

MorningMoon posted:

Also a special menu at the restaurant Lawson. So far they've only announced karaage

What is this? Chicken fried Hylian?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Hogama posted:

It's probably likely that there's not an entire Hyrule-sized underground layer but even having a number of substantial caves is going to be cool. Elden Ring only really has like 3 underground areas to speak of (not counting subterranean dungeons) compared to the rather extensive surface and they're still pretty memorable.

If the caves are comparable in scale and volume to the skylands then we'll be in pretty good shape I think

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

RVWinkle posted:

What is this? Chicken fried Hylian?
close! its fried rito. now we know why teba got replaced.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
last night i was playing TotK and i was having a blast exploring one of the new dungeons

and then i woke up and got mad because the actual game is still a month away

pranked by my dreams!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I am still in my first BotW playthrough but pretty far along. Found about 85 shrines but less than 100 Korok seeds. Still seeing new stuff.

For instance, I was spotted by a moblin but it couldn't reach me, so it grabbed a bokoblin by the head and threw him at me.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
clearly you'll have to unlock tools from sky dungeons in order to go deeper into the cave holes.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Augus posted:

I mean, the main feature is just “being OoT recompiled on the PC”
aside from that, theres a ton of QOL and customization options. Higher resolutions. 30 fps and 60fps toggles. D-pad item shortcuts. Sped up text. Modern camera controls. Gyro controls.Customizable tunic, Navi, and HUD colors. difficulty modifiers, etc. The randomizer is a setting you can toggle on or off
Thank you.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I am still in my first BotW playthrough but pretty far along. Found about 85 shrines but less than 100 Korok seeds. Still seeing new stuff.

For instance, I was spotted by a moblin but it couldn't reach me, so it grabbed a bokoblin by the head and threw him at me.

I got a good laugh the first time that happened to me. What a game

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Overbite posted:

Also Link should have a beard.

Once again the fans are doing what Nintendon't!!!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

WarpDogs posted:

e: f

In case there was any doubt, Matt Mercer is confirmed to be voicing Ganondorf

https://twitter.com/matthewmercer/status/1646676756122705922

Asterite34 posted:

It wouldn't be the first time

Things like this make me very happy.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 14, 2023

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I have been playing through the Zelda franchise. Some stuff doesn't add up. The main problem is that Ocarina of Time was written to be a prequel to A Link to the Past, but then both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were written as sequels to Ocarina of Time, so there really are 3 games that want to come right after Ocarina.

Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures were written as sequels to Minish Cap and prequels to A Link to the Past (contradicting Ocarina of Time) and Twilight Princess references Four Swords Adventures in its backstory making it a sequel. Really hosed up.

Anyway there are at least 11 playable incarnations of Link, plus two more mentioned in the backstory of Breath of The Wild and Minish Cap.

The Hero: Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link

The Hero of the Wild: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons - These fit except Zelda introducers herself in the oracle games like she doesn't know Link. Prequel to Legend of Zelda.

The Hero of Time: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask - Prequel to A Link to the Past.

Hero of the Winds: Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks - One of these Links is a decendent of the other. Sequel to Ocarina of Time.

The Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Two different Links, prequel to Twilight Princess & A Link to the Past

The Hero of Twilight: Twilight Princess - Also sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Hero of the Sky: Skyward Sword. Prequel to all other games.

A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heros, Sequel to A Link to the Past, Triforce Heroes' Link is officially the same Link as A Link Between Worlds though the games themselves don't have any connection

Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, Sequel to all other games

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
missed one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbPegm0NTN8

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Antonymous posted:

I have been playing through the Zelda franchise. Some stuff doesn't add up. The main problem is that Ocarina of Time was written to be a prequel to A Link to the Past, but then both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess were written as sequels to Ocarina of Time, so there really are 3 games that want to come right after Ocarina.

Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures were written as sequels to Minish Cap and prequels to A Link to the Past (contradicting Ocarina of Time) and Twilight Princess references Four Swords Adventures in its backstory making it a sequel. Really hosed up.

Anyway there are at least 11 playable incarnations of Link, plus two more mentioned in the backstory of Breath of The Wild and Minish Cap.

The Hero: Legend of Zelda, Adventures of Link

The Hero of the Wild: A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons - These fit except Zelda introducers herself in the oracle games like she doesn't know Link. Prequel to Legend of Zelda.

The Hero of Time: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask - Prequel to A Link to the Past.

Hero of the Winds: Windwaker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks - One of these Links is a decendent of the other. Sequel to Ocarina of Time.

The Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures, Two different Links, prequel to Twilight Princess & A Link to the Past

The Hero of Twilight: Twilight Princess - Also sequel to Ocarina of Time.

Hero of the Sky: Skyward Sword. Prequel to all other games.

A Link Between Worlds, Triforce Heros, Sequel to A Link to the Past, Triforce Heroes' Link is officially the same Link as A Link Between Worlds though the games themselves don't have any connection

Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom, Sequel to all other games

Majorca’s mask is also a direct sequel to oot right? the timeline stuff is always very funny to me. what universe is this link or that link in? it’s like trying to follow commedia del’arte characters from play to play.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Majora's Mask is a direct follow-up to the ending of Ocarina of Time, because after Link is sent back in time by Zelda, Navi leaves him at the Temple of Time, and the beginning of Majora's Mask is explicitly Link searching for Navi.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Obligatory BDG video on the timeline:

https://youtu.be/Q-25c8Rsobw

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Wonder why its called legend of zelda, hmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hogama posted:

Majora's Mask is a direct follow-up to the ending of Ocarina of Time, because after Link is sent back in time by Zelda, Navi leaves him at the Temple of Time, and the beginning of Majora's Mask is explicitly Link searching for Navi.

Such a weird thing to dump on a kid. Come on kid, your life is a lie, save the big tree by killing it and then abandon your home. Okay now let's hit the field and make you a saviour, well go to church and see what's up. On second thought, though, actually, cya. Bye, deal with it.

I get what Zelda intended but in practice a pretty sad fate.