Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

alright had a lucid experience where people i knew were goons were trying to interact with me.

At point point I grabbed a pizza, flew way up in the air, and tried to dump it on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Gary Nolan says aitee is coming within 6 months buckle up

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

my bony fealty posted:

hopefully he means this weekend because im fuckin' bored

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

my bony fealty posted:

July aitee, Lue’s birthday

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Nolan has seen some poo poo and is clearly not shy at this point about saying it

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

He's the only person I take seriously in all this, so ok let's do it then. Oh, and Ryan Graves.

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

quote:

These expeditions will be designed to create an experience where expert psychonauts trained in advanced psychedelic journeying techniques will be placed in a stable, breakthrough DMT state in a way that they will be able to simultaneously converse with the team (on Earth) and with these seemingly otherworldly beings. These interactions will be filmed, transcribed, and monitored by a sober lab team which will attempt to investigate the nature of these experiences as the psychonauts mediate dialogue between the lab team and encountered entities.

This cuts awfully close to the spirit mediumship used by John Dee or Aleister Crowley to communicate with gods, angels, and demons

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rickshaw posted:

This cuts awfully close to the spirit mediumship used by John Dee or Aleister Crowley to communicate with gods, angels, and demons

If Spiritualists had access to the modern array of psychedelics, they would have been tripping 24/7.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Azathoth posted:

If Spiritualists had access to the modern array of psychedelics, they would have been tripping 24/7.

Lol that mushrooms were just growing out of cow pies on every farm and they had no idea what they were

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it sounds fun but also screw that

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

this defense secrets leak situation is annoying. Apparently this kid leaked pictures of the Chinese Spy Balloon but none of the other 3 targets? WTF?

Leak secrets better next time

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

my bony fealty posted:

Get the July Aitee 2023 shirts to printer

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Azathoth posted:

I've never been able to pin it down 100% but I'm pretty sure Crowley at least was doing mescaline from time to time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sounds like the classified portion of the 4/19 hearing is taking place before the public one, which is weird as all hell

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Get the July Aitee 2023 shirts to printer

Ah yes, the Julytees. I'll see myself out.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Rickshaw posted:

I've never been able to pin it down 100% but I'm pretty sure Crowley at least was doing mescaline from time to time

Given how well-traveled he was, this would not be surprising at all. At a minimum, I assume he was straight chugging absinthe regularly.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Sounds like the classified portion of the 4/19 hearing is taking place before the public one, which is weird as all hell

They're going to tell everyone the real truth, so the Congress is too shocked and fearful at the public hearing to tearfully ask anything but "Uhhh, so what's up with that sky trash, eh?"

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

Delta-Wye posted:

https://noonautics.org/

gonna throw in an application to become a noonautical engineer

These absolute lunatics propose injecting volunteers with a metered DMT solution intravenously to extend the effects for hours instead of minutes. :psyduck:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Burning out my reality receptors for science

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

These absolute lunatics propose injecting volunteers with a metered DMT solution intravenously to extend the effects for hours instead of minutes. :psyduck:

This is going to end up like the movie Flatliners or the book Les Thanatonautes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

poisonpill posted:

They're going to tell everyone the real truth, so the Congress is too shocked and fearful at the public hearing to tearfully ask anything but "Uhhh, so what's up with that sky trash, eh?"

It's probably just to brief them on what they won't/can't answer which will be "anything of use" so it will be another pointless exercise.

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

Bilirubin posted:

this defense secrets leak situation is annoying. Apparently this kid leaked pictures of the Chinese Spy Balloon but none of the other 3 targets? WTF?

Leak secrets better next time

For real, info about the other targets, including images, is going to be more compartmentalized than everything whoever it was dropped the latest leaks was.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

I mean that is basically what ayahuasca is. When you smoke it it breaks down extremely quickly in the body which is why it only lasts minutes. Ingesting it as ayahuasca, which is DMT plus the second thing that allows it to be active in your digestive track, allows it to last many hours.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I require 2 gallons of DMT delivered via enema and a fleshlight to speak with my lord and savior

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

:tinylue: [UFOs] Somebody get me a barrel of water and a detainee

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

can you keister DMT

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

can you keister DMT

you can soak a tampon in pretty much anything

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/laraseligman/status/1646923408079462400?s=20

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

re: that paper:

Rickshaw posted:

Reading Loeb and Kirkpatrick's paper now. It's really weird and, dare i say, not very good. It seems like a grab-bag of ideas and topics. The ET probe hypothesis blends known physics and contemporary space probe engineering (solar sails, parachutes, micro cube sats) with incongruous mention of transmedium probes and "highly maneuverable" UAP. It starts with Omuamua and interstellar meteors, the Galileo project, AI-equipped probes, machine learning, 3d printing, chemical rockets, ion propulsion, the rocket equation, etc.

One interesting bit of physics on page 3 speculates about using electrolysis of water in habitable zones to fuel a chemical rocket to slow interstellar approach velocities, concluding that the mothership scenario is energetically favorable. Then after that they say we should use galileo project-type studies to look for signatures of chemical rockets used by ET probes in our atmosphere.... Then some stuff about the Fermi paradox and exoplanets.

Then they end by throwing shade at the ukraine observatory "UAP" observations that I said were obviously just bugs since the authors didn't actually have any distance measurement. Avi Loeb is saying UAP flying through the air should light up like a christmas tree, given that "an object made of known matter ... must create a bow shock in the Earth’s atmosphere and dissipate a mechanical power," but no word here on how to square this with the Nimitz encounter tic-tac that was seen to maneuver supersonically without creating sonic booms.

conclusions:
"The considerations in this paper imply a useful limit on observations of UAP which bound the hypothetical explanations and can support limitations on interpretations of data."

Very loving weird paper. I think Avi was in the depths of a ketamine binge when he wrote it. Kirkpatrick came in to sprinkle the paper with mentions of FLIR, transmedium, and highly-maneuverable UAP. I'd be shocked if it is accepted for publication without serious rewrites.

this was also my impression

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Azathoth posted:

ram dass talks a lot about this

it turns out psychedelics are a “bad” (not as good) since you come down all the time. you can trip all the time without drugs which is great

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spiritual psychedelics are like a business trip where you can end up possessed by a demon if you're not careful its great and i would never want constant immersion

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ram dass never stopped doing acid tho afaict. just not a lot of it

I think like once a year

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ram dass in hell

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Ftrom the reddits...
Lots of chatter about disclosure o'clock being "late summer to fall" but I can't find the screen captures I saw earlier now

Gary Nolan says "within 6 months, insiders will step forward, and that will change things"
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12l44zh/garry_nolan_within_6_months_insiders_will_step/

Gary Nolan says whistleblower testimony about "crash retrievals and contact"
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12lvlgf/prof_garry_nolan_reveals_that_crash_retrieval/

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ram dass in hell

ram deez

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

The Saucer Hovers posted:

ram dass in hell

someone posted a while back that every time they saw that username they got mad, they liked ram dass so much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that was me

I got over it

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Are there any non-complete-woo books about crop circles? I'm still pretty sure at best 95% of them are man made but it's an interesting phenomena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

i like going for a swim, yet i do not want to spend hours at the bottom of the pool. confusing,