Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

There is something to be said that MJF is maybe a better champion while Kenny's a better wrestler, but this is derranged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW's hottest ratings period was with Kenny as champion and half of that happened before Punk debuted. Utterly deranged tweet beyond the universal critical acclaim for Kenny as champion.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Imagine thinking Kenny can't do in ring promos

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only thing Kenny can't do is build explosives

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

MassRafTer posted:

Everyone on twitter is making fun of this guy and he has a 10 year old blog so why not...

http://angrywrestlingvet.blogspot.com/

lmao

quote:

The conclusion of The Rock vs. CM Punk match is arguably the best thing put out by any wrestling company in recent memory, not to mention a great move financially. Sure, a lot of people are upset about it, but that was intentional.

Let's start off with why the storyline arch between The Rock and CM Punk was artistically fulfilling. Our story begins with the hero of the people, CM Punk. The first half of our story takes many parallels to the Greek tragedy Oedipus (only with marginally less incest).

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Kenny and the Bucks run as heel champions has been my favorite era of AEW so far and some of that even took place in front of no fans.

I still have fond memories of Marvez finding Kenny and Don out on the golf course for an interview and Jungle Boy pulling Nak off the golf cart while Kenny speeds away doing his silly fake evil laugh.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

mooseinfants posted:

I still have fond memories of Marvez finding Kenny and Don out on the golf course for an interview and Jungle Boy pulling Nak off the golf cart while Kenny speeds away doing his silly fake evil laugh.

While paraphrasing Dr. Claw from Inspector Gadget.

"I'll get you next week, Jungle Boy! Next weeeeeeeek!"

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

"I can't take someone seriously until the business takes them less seriously."

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
Saw this posted and thought it wasn't an unreasonable take, if a little harsh.

But it triggered this meltdown:

quote:

Saw this on Twitter and let's be honest, it's blasphemous.

The Undertaker spent his career being one of the biggest draws of the company that actually WON the Monday Night Wars while Sting spent the last 20 years in promotions like TNA and being Darby Allins sidekick... it's not even comparable.

The Undertaker was main eventing Wrestlemanias with 60-80k fans while Sting was main eventing Bound For Glory with like 3500 fans watching.

Maybe if Sting had done the smart thing and immediately joined the WWE after WCW was bought this would be a real discussion, but it isn't.

It's not an insult to say someone isn't on The Undertakers level... very few are or ever will be.
"The man in his 60's who can still do ridiculous spots for someone his age is a worse wrestler because he didn't work for the bigger company"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Biker Taker ruins his entire career, end of story

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Biker Taker drug Hogan behind his motorcycle so the gimmick gets a pass(the DDP feud isn't real and I refuse to admit evidence contrary exists). But even when Sting was doing favors for Jerry Jarrett's dingy SEX lockerroom, he was consistently good sometimes spectacular.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Biker Taker drug Hogan behind his motorcycle so the gimmick gets a pass(the DDP feud isn't real and I refuse to admit evidence contrary exists). But even when Sting was doing favors for Jerry Jarrett's dingy SEX lockerroom, he was consistently good sometimes spectacular.

He really wasn't. He was generally pretty boring in really poorly booked feuds. Sting did not have a good 2000s.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Well I enjoyed it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
A guard bird is better than a motorcycle

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Taker was in WCW and failed miserably, while Sting was a success in both WCW & WWE, so he's clearly greater

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Sting's AEW run has been an all-time great retirement run and has already erased the stink of his WWE run for me. But a lot of his TNA stuff was just kind of there, although I admittedly just watched that on and off.

On the contrary, I think Undertaker's final few years in WWE basically removed any mystique and aura that he had before Wrestlemania 30 or so.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sting rules gently caress Taker

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Real Estate Steve is better than failed Enrapture and possible Biker Nazi Mark.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The only off thing about Sting is that he’s crazy religious but he doesn’t seem like he’s trying to push that on anyone so who cares, really

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you didn't like Joker Sting beating up Hogan and force feeding him a giant jug of vitamins, idk.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Undertaker did not win the monday night war, what the gently caress

Austin, rock, foley and even triple h imo did more for the wwf beating wcw

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

History Comes Inside! posted:

The only off thing about Sting is that he’s crazy religious but he doesn’t seem like he’s trying to push that on anyone so who cares, really

Sting also feels like the only one for whom the religious thing actually stuck.

Having said this I'm sure he'll be revealed to have misused funds that were to help the poorest state in the Union too or whatever DiBiase did.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Undertaker had lovely matches for a decade, then a couple dozen good ones, then ruined his legacy.

Sting jumps off the high stuff

No contest

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'd also argue that Taker's best matches are mostly remembered for the other guys in them: HBK bumping like a superball, or Foley doing his stuntman act.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
sure sting is beloved by fans and talent alike but is he THE BEST PURE STRIKER IN ALL OF WRESTLING!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

coconono posted:

if you didn't like Joker Sting beating up Hogan and force feeding him a giant jug of vitamins, idk.

"You're awful, Terry."
"I'm awful. How am I awful, brother?"

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
You have to consider that Undertaker benefitted from really good booking. He was consistently protected and treated like a big deal even when McMahon had no clue how to book anyone else. It's weird to see, in the New Generation era they're floundering and he's trying all sorts of desperate poo poo but he knows well enough to keep Taker in big matches (well, PPV matches anyway), protect him when he loses, and not burn audiences out on him.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 14, 2023

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

sure sting is beloved by fans and talent alike but is he THE BEST PURE STRIKER IN ALL OF WRESTLING!?

Man, I'd forgotten about that tagline for Taker. :allears:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Big missed opportunity not booking a taker vs shane worked shootfight

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

zetamind2000 posted:

Big missed opportunity not booking a taker vs shane worked shootfight

Do you think they could pull it off now

Shane hasn’t had any massive stupid injuries recently, right?

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

rotinaj posted:

oh boy, you should sit down for this

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
People who follow the product closer than I do can tell me if Mickie's injury is actually a work so she can have a match with Mercedes without ever dropping the title.

https://twitter.com/MikeGilbert311/status/1646904259181707264

Seems far-fetched for me!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

rotinaj posted:

He doesn't need quads when he has hands

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

People who follow the product closer than I do can tell me if Mickie's injury is actually a work so she can have a match with Mercedes without ever dropping the title.

https://twitter.com/MikeGilbert311/status/1646904259181707264

Seems far-fetched for me!

I feel like Lance was on one of the observer shows recently insisting she’s legit injured and they were waiting to see if she’d be cleared or not but I could be mixing her up with another impact person

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I feel like Lance was on one of the observer shows recently insisting she’s legit injured and they were waiting to see if she’d be cleared or not but I could be mixing her up with another impact person

I didn’t realize she was the champ but yeah, that’s what he was saying - that the injury is legit and they wouldn’t know what was going to happen with the belt/defense until later this week.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's especially funny because this guy is with Fight Game Media, who are Observer affiliated so he's calling Lance Storm a liar. Or a worker I guess.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Sting rules gently caress Taker

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

mickie was doing a ric flair "the next time I lose I'm done" gimmick right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Fart Radio posted:

oh boy, you should sit down for this

Should i do a leapfrog split first?