Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Roger can make a hell of an entrance, I'll give him that.

Surprised me a bit because I believed the blonde hair prisoner was Roger. His head seemed like the right shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Oh hey Toshi is talking again! I guess that was just a one off joke when they said he wouldn't speak anymore in "So you Wanna buy some Speakers" I'm glad, was a little worried his voice actor had died or something.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
oh poo poo i forgot there was a new ep this week, i assumed Easter hosed it up

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it's nice to see the family all working together. good chill times

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I loved that Giraffe.
It’s nice when the Smiths do a good deed.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
I was far more interested in the Giraffe.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
was it worth it Jeff? Disrespecting me so you could pet a giraffe?!

Holy poo poo this show will always have it.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Andrew_1985 posted:

I loved that Giraffe.
It’s nice when the Smiths do a good deed.

Taking the giraffe to the zoo to see the bears was excellent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The giraffe's POV stuff was gold.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
i'm glad that toshi's back even if he did develop alcoholism whereever he was

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Davros1 posted:

The giraffe's POV stuff was gold.
Yep.

Good to see Toshi back to his old self.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Brawnfire posted:

The Cleveland Show :smug:

Other than AD and later BB, I actually liked TCS more than any concurrent animated fox shows at the time tbh. It's not great but FG was probably at it's nadir and the simpsons was scraping muck on the floor of the challenger deep

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

chunkles posted:

i'm glad that toshi's back even if he did develop alcoholism whereever he was

steve kept him off bath salts for 6 weeks

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Roger's done bath salts canonically right

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Roger's done bath salts canonically right

Roger has done every drug everywhere all at once.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

He's even done the made up ones!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I had forgotten all about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmA7fOxzOHA

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I love Moral Orel, but it does NOT have the same energy as American Dad.

Its like those crackers from Rick and Morty, only instead of being made with good memories, they’re made with the memories of your first pet dying.

Everyone needs to see Moral Orel.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
The question was about quality. :shrug:

Golden age of television

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Ugh at that cold open with the rickroll. I've seen a few bad jokes in the show here and there (usually cold opens imo) but that felt like something you'd see in modern Simpsons, what with playing off a meme that's like fifteen years old.

I enjoyed the season opener and the Spirit Week episode enough though.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

FireWorksWell posted:

Ugh at that cold open with the rickroll. I've seen a few bad jokes in the show here and there (usually cold opens imo) but that felt like something you'd see in modern Simpsons, what with playing off a meme that's like fifteen years old.

I enjoyed the season opener and the Spirit Week episode enough though.

Bugged me too but i remembered theres an ex cracked.com writer writing episodes now and i was like oohh...

Tbs era definitely feels like post golden age simpsons now lol. Theres still some good eps dont get me wrong

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I don't think it's gotten close to that bad, show's still plenty funny, but it's the first episode I didn't enjoy in a while. Though Jeff's rap was fun

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Dongicus posted:

Tbs era definitely feels like post golden age simpsons now lol. Theres still some good eps dont get me wrong
It's nowhere near post-golden age simpsons becuase it doesn't nearly piss me off when the characters gently caress each other over

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

yeah its still funny from time to time but so were seasons 9-13 of the simpsons lol. episodes aren't consistently as good, that's all.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
First of all, recent episodes of American Dad have been just as good if not better than those of older seasons.

But most importantly saying that the "TBS Era" resulted in a drop in quality probably means you forgot just low long ago the show left Fox: almost a decade ago.

Episode 351, currently scheduled to air on May 15th, will mark more episodes premiering on TBS than did on Fox.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Zero One posted:

First of all, recent episodes of American Dad have been just as good if not better than those of older seasons.

Oh no way. Nothing on tbs comes close to something from the classic era. I still like it but I agree some parts of this episode were a little weak

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Zero One posted:

wouldn't go that far, but amdad has been very good about freshening up its core cast for all these years e.g. klaus and jeff have been much better on tbs than they ever were on fox

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think this show has been consistently high quality since it first hit its stride. Occasionally there’s an episode that’s a miss for me like the Overwatch episode but in general I’m entertained week after week.

The rickroll joke was unnecessary and not a good joke but that whole episode was so packed with things I liked it was easy to overlook.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zero One posted:

i mean, no. lol.

again the show isn't bad or unwatchable, it just isn't as funny as it was from like idk season 3/4 to 11 (vague guess, don't really care to write more about american dad on a friday night lol)

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 14, 2023

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Dongicus posted:

i mean, no. lol.

again the show isn't bad or unwatchable, it just isn't as funny as it was from like idk season 3/4 to 11 (vague guess, don't really care to write more about american dad on a friday night lol)

the show switched to TBS around 8-9

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This is weird. I thought we were all in agreement of this show being really good regardless of "era"

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Neeksy posted:

the show switched to TBS around 8-9

No, even with inconstancies with season naming. Season 12 (under generally accepted conventions) was the first season on TBS.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

just looked at wikipedia season episodes lists and yeah its probably more season 14-19 (which is way longer than the simpsons!!!! still impressive!!!) where the quality starts to dip. anyway cya

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I think that's why the rare jokes I don't like are more glaring to me. But one lame joke is nothing worth writing off a whole episode over of course.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh no way. Nothing on tbs comes close to something from the classic era. I still like it but I agree some parts of this episode were a little weak

Rabbit. Ears.

Also tons of other classic episodes:
The 200
The Unincludeds
Criss-Cross Applesauce
Death By Dinner Party
Shell Game
The Talented Mr. Dingleberry
Persona Assistant
The Future is Borax
Wild Women Do
Gold Top Nuts

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

I don't think there's a Simpsons-level decline. I'll take an episode or two that are "eh" over the difficulty in just watching a contemporary Simpsons episode.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Last season was terrific. This season isn't as good so far but it's got time

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Zero One posted:

Rabbit. Ears.

Also tons of other classic episodes:
The 200
The Unincludeds
Criss-Cross Applesauce
Death By Dinner Party
Shell Game
The Talented Mr. Dingleberry
Persona Assistant
The Future is Borax
Wild Women Do
Gold Top Nuts

Don't forget Next of Pin and Stan-Dan Deliver. :colbert:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Guys, this is just the latest version of dongicus who basically bombed every TVIV thread with ‘show bad’ posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

YeahTubaMike posted:

Don't forget Next of Pin and Stan-Dan Deliver. :colbert:

Next of Pin is so fukken good.
"I STABBED MY SON!" turning into the Cathy cartoon along with the goofy musical stinger.