Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Kicking the Yoshi out from under you

Didn't realize Mario is a Boomer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He’s technically a zoomer

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Kicking the Yoshi out from under you

Didn't realize Mario is a Boomer

I mean, Mario punches Yoshi in the back of the head to get Yoshi to stick his tongue out in Super Mario World.

Mario is an rear end in a top hat.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

DarkSol posted:

I mean, Mario punches Yoshi in the back of the head to get Yoshi to stick his tongue out in Super Mario World.

Mario is an rear end in a top hat.

I thought that was a sex thing

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Donkey Kong punch.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Does that make the Yoshi tongue thing an ahegao face?

...I hate that I know that word :cripes:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So Cocaine Bear wasn't Ray Liotta's last movie? It's a Buster Keaton homage movie written and directed by Charlie Day.

https://youtu.be/5GV2fypnVaQ

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oh thank god, hate to see his legacy go out like that

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I mean anything he's done since Dungeon Siege has been a major step up from Dungeon Siege.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

I mean anything he's done since Dungeon Siege has been a major step up from Dungeon Siege.

I believe the unwritten rule is you're just meant to politely forget that any particular actor was in a uwe boll film. Like a loud fart in crowded elevator of non-drunk strangers or something.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

dr_rat posted:

I believe the unwritten rule is you're just meant to politely forget that any particular actor was in a uwe boll film. Like a loud fart in crowded elevator of non-drunk strangers or something.

I try but him having to try to seriously deliver dialogue like "Stop whining, what do you know about a man...named FARMER."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

Does it show what happens to the horse

If memory serves, no. I presume it exploded on impact.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Neo Rasa posted:

I try but him having to try to seriously deliver dialogue like "Stop whining, what do you know about a man...named FARMER."

Worse than madness... darkness.

might be messing up that quote, it's been a while

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Amazon acquired MGM's catalogue a while back and is now in full on expansion mode with directly announcing they want to develop projects around a dozen properties.

quote:

Each title is being approached differently — some are being steered toward film, some toward TV and some big ones are getting both movie and TV treatment.

For instance, Amazon Studios is in active early conversation on Legally Blonde, both for a movie and a potential TV series, sources said. There already had been on and off efforts to get a third Legally Blonde film off the ground for the past five years.

Amazon has similar plans for Stargate. We hear both film and TV installments are considered, with a movie likely going first.

Robocop also is being talked about for both film and TV, with a TV show possibly first, Deadline hears.

Additionally, Amazon Studios is actively developing TV series based on Fame, Barbershop and The Magnificent Seven, sources said.

There are also discussions about a Thomas Crown Affair movie as well as a Pink Panther movie, which could be animated, sources said. A Poltergeist project also is a possibility down the road, we hear.

Deadline already revealed plans for a Creed universe spanning film and TV, which Amazon Studios has been discussing with franchise star and filmmaker Michael B. Jordan. The studio also just made a first-look deal with Sylvester Stallone and his Balboa Productions for film and TV projects. we hear expanding the Rocky brand into television may be part of it.

There are currently no plans for other James Bond series beyond the unscripted competition series announced shortly after Amazon’s acquisition of MGM closed as the franchise producers are focused on figuring out the next film installment.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/robocop-stargate-legally-blonde-barbershop-in-works-film-tv-amazon-mgm-ip-1235243057/

The future is slightly different versions of the same stuff....forever

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Tars Tarkas posted:

Amazon acquired MGM's catalogue a while back and is now in full on expansion mode with directly announcing they want to develop projects around a dozen properties.

https://deadline.com/2023/04/robocop-stargate-legally-blonde-barbershop-in-works-film-tv-amazon-mgm-ip-1235243057/

The future is slightly different versions of the same stuff....forever

It could be worse. It could be

shared universes

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
The boys from 21 Jump Street find themselves in a real pickle investigating human trafficking at a cotton plantation in southern Virginia, and turn to a few plucky law students at Harvard Law for help. Meanwhile, Adonis Creed's victories in the ring are revealed to have a dark secret behind them, and he visibly recoils at the mention of the name Gomez Addams, and the submerged memories it brings boiling to the surface

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A poltergeist walks into a barbershop and Robocop is there spitting the truth

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Somewhere in Hollywood, an executive just got the first full-blooded erection he's had in years

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Thomas Crown Affair, give me a loving break.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I just had a look through all the rights that MGM held, and yeah they all seem to be in wild different genre, and none that would work as fun trash cross over movies.

Like pink panther, if they had another sort of goofy franchise with similar vibes, A well played Inspector Clouseau could actually work dropping in as a detective.

Franchise cross-overs only seem to work if the franchise are a bit goofy and self aware to begin with. Although Aliens, the first movies at least weren't and still reckons aliens vs predator could of worked if the movies weren't poo poo.

They should totally try and work out a Thomas Crown V Robcop movie though. It's a natural fit!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

dr_rat posted:

They should totally try and work out a Thomas Crown V Robcop movie though. It's a natural fit!

*shoots you through painting's dick while you carry it off*

"Your move thief"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/boneysoups/status/1646714134430461953

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/1646213574853885954?s=20

WATCH ANOTHER SHOW

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Please read another book

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t think Harry Potter fans want a remake

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this is for the reality TV watcher side of Max since they now have scripted anti-woke content

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

I don’t think Harry Potter fans want a remake

Yeah, I think it's legit gonna be hard to replace the original cast in folks' minds (never mind all the other baggage this has.)

And the thing is, whatever bits of the plot were changed, Hogwarts and environs *looked* pretty much as Rowling wrote them so it's not like the show's going to have a new and different aesthetic that'll be interesting to see.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Just Kidding is going to cast black Hermione so she can go "see!?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The villain is gonna be another person disguised as another gender, just like in JK's non-HP book.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

still can't believe that exists and her only deniability is the pen name

straight up writing Police Quest: Open Season

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

it's gonna have the full house slavery plot lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The Saddest Rhino posted:

it's gonna have the full house slavery plot lmao

sorry

the what

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Alan Smithee posted:

sorry

the what

Oh full house had a lot of dark plot lines like that. The trick was they always just put them entirely in the second half of the episode when everyone had already been bored to sleep.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Alan Smithee posted:

sorry

the what

The house slave subplot in the books were almost excised in the film versions, hermione spent one or two books trying to start activist efforts to free house elves from slavery but everyone incl the good guys treat her as an annoying scold, it ultimately ended with the house elves going "we really enjoy being slaves so your actions are bad for us" and that one named house elf is considered an insane outlier

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

oh not surprised there

thought you meant Full House

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I also just realised the easy misunderstanding after it was pointed out lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Slavery? Cut it out!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Not okay, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't want to be sex trafficked, Have Mercy.