Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Fister Roboto posted:

who wants a new av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Horrifying. It's perfect.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEsNDDwhSJ4

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Thanks, I love this horrible old woman.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Glorious. Horrifying.

Glorrifying.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

RocketMermaid posted:

In all sincerity, this is one of my candidates for what the question was. The others being:

"And then what?"
"And will that save the rat?"
"And who will topple you then, little god?"

I enjoy that it's currently left open-ended while Meti gets to keep playing Sword Diogenes.
You rang?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

the holy poopacy posted:

I think this also colors his interactions with Allison. He repeatedly gives her second chances when he could easily have swooped in and taken the key. He wants to build her up into Maya 2.0 because he desperately wants to prove Maya wrong by shaping an even stronger Maya who doesn't run away crying, because then that proves he was right all along.

I think you're onto something for sure. But I'm not sure if it's just about being right for him. I think the dude has serious issues with co-dependence. Maya was his only friend, the only person that maybe understood him and not only that she was also indisputably strong, feared and respected. He did not taking losing her well.

Cause for all intents and purposes, he seemed willing to throw in his lot with Allison when he thought that she would be worthy (in respect to what he values). And when he lost faith that she would be the one, he immediately latched onto Jagg and is now leading his armies. He also seemed to look happy enough to be the second in Maya's forces when she was considered strong. That seems to be a pattern for him. It fits too with the power he grants his supplicants making them utterly dependent on him, it's just how he relates to others. Maybe it is what he understands as an orphan who had everything taken from him.

So that's one interpretation that might be interesting anyways.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I think something's off with this Incubus fella

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

I'm very curious to find out what the question was that broke her.

I'm going to guess it has something to do with no one caring for her despite all of her power.

My guess would be "what are you going to do with it once you get it??"

You're gonna get the universe? To do what with?? You'll have it and then what????

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I wonder if we'll ever actually hear the question. I hope so

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Lemony posted:

Hah, I've been saying for years that Incubus is probably the best swordsman in existence, but is terrible at cutting. Now Maya is demonstrating he isn't even that. Ten blows, how extremely embarrassing.

He didn't actually kill Meti with his sword:

Inky turns to strike Meti down in anger for Maya.

*loud clang as stupidly long sword hits Meti's barrell.

Meti asphyxiates from laughter.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

:sickos:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Yes

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This would have never happened if only Maya had payed attention to Bofa.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Love Incubus going full Sephiroth with that blade

Cryophage posted:

Incubus only went with "Pale Bolt" because "xXx_Sephiroth_xXx" was already taken.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Meti's Sword Manual posted:

When decapitating an enemy, it is severe impoliteness to use more than one blow.

Incubus knew precisely what he was doing.

Remember always that Incubus was the one that followed the Sword Manual exactly as written. If ever you are confused by his actions, consult the manual. You will find an answer every time.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

I noticed Jagganoth's long rear end sword here and for a brief moment I thought "wait, is that the blade Incubus later uses to slay Maya's family? Did Jag just let him have it??" But no, Incubus used a katana because of course he did.

Shadowlyger posted:

Incubus knew precisely what he was doing.

Remember always that Incubus was the one that followed the Sword Manual exactly as written. If ever you are confused by his actions, consult the manual. You will find an answer every time.

Yeah that's why he fed Meti to the dogs. That was her specific request, as Maya forgot.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
For further consideration:

Meti's Sword Manual posted:

Consider: The undefeated swordsman must be exceptionally poor.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Bruce Ten Yip posted:

I fear not the man who has won 10,000 fights, but I fear the man who has lost one fight 10,000 times.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I know Abaddon said that Maya is as bad in her own way as the Demi-urges.

But man, I am rooting for her. She became powerful, hosed up, tried to make a life she could be happy with, then that fuckup came home to roost. I can understand hate keeping her going.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It seems we're calling back to this page: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/seeker-of-thrones-3-18/

I assume The Question will relate to something from it.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every time maya came to meti's barrel she was more of an idiot, and not the good kind

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

despite being yet another fool grasping at The Question, I have to imagine it’s something along the lines of “what good is any of this/what will you do when that’s not enough?”

has to hurt someone capable of self-reflection but leave someone incapable of that willing to continue proceeding down that path. honestly now wondering if incubus killing meti was supposed to make maya feel better

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you ever wonder how great a Swordmaster Meti was, consider this;

She just Cut a Demiurge to her very existence, neatly parting her from her title, realm, and the very person she was, with a simple Question. One that left them marveling in its elegance and beauty to this very day.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
she doesn't care for death with the tongue, but she's willing to keep an open mind

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

"What do you think about death?" was Maya's first question to Allison, and she didn't get an answer. I assume she expects one this time.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Soup du Jour posted:

honestly now wondering if incubus killing meti was supposed to make maya feel better

I think that might be a real possibility.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

ThaumPenguin posted:

very possible ngl

"kid you're being a real rear end in a top hat rn"

ThaumPenguin posted:

I noticed Jagganoth's long rear end sword here and for a brief moment I thought "wait, is that the blade Incubus later uses to slay Maya's family? Did Jag just let him have it??" But no, Incubus used a katana because of course he did.

yeah it's not, but p sure jagg doesn't or isn't going to need even an ok sword, not even considering excellent quality. he's just not like ink very much, not like this

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
Evil barrel swordswoman absolutely loving it. Straight hardcore tasty evil, badder than any of the demis or Oscar or other diet nasty baby-eater randos.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you ever wonder how great a Swordmaster Meti was, consider this;

She just Cut a Demiurge to her very existence, neatly parting her from her title, realm, and the very person she was, with a simple Question. One that left them marveling in its elegance and beauty to this very day.

royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

She said it herself, the kid smiled too much.

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
"is your fridge running?"

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
It took me so long the second time I read through the update to figure out that the dress was billowing and that this wasn't an exorcist situation.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

FuturePastNow posted:

"What do you think about death?" was Maya's first question to Allison, and she didn't get an answer. I assume she expects one this time.

She got an answer: "you're human."

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

I think Maya already knew deep down that she was living a lie anyway which is why Meti was able to just instantly Auto-Destroy her entire psyche, all she needed was a push

And, it's funny how Incubus was immune to learning anything from observing the entire thing from his own point of view, how all of this serves to characterize Incubus even though he barely speaks in Maya's flashbacks and just sort of stands there being a piece of poo poo.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Soup du Jour posted:

despite being yet another fool grasping at The Question, I have to imagine it’s something along the lines of “what good is any of this/what will you do when that’s not enough?”

has to hurt someone capable of self-reflection but leave someone incapable of that willing to continue proceeding down that path. honestly now wondering if incubus killing meti was supposed to make maya feel better

uh... hm

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

ThaumPenguin posted:

he stinks and I don't like him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I think it's simply "Why should I care?" And from then on she just looked at her with absolute boredom and indifference, while Maya desperately tried to explain why she's important.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Apr 15, 2023