Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Neeksy posted:

Next of Pin is so fukken good.
"I STABBED MY SON!" turning into the Cathy cartoon along with the goofy musical stinger.

The

"Is that why you were acting so weird?"
"Weird? How?"
"STABBING ME COMES TO MIND :mad:"

exchange is so loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

"You mean... I didn't have to stab you?"
"What? OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T! THERE SHOULD NEVER BE A REASON TO... never mind."

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

YeahTubaMike posted:

Don't forget Next of Pin and Stan-Dan Deliver. :colbert:

There were so many episodes I loved in the last few years but I wanted to limit myself to episodes considered excellent by most.

Others I've loved:

100 Years a Solid Fool
Tapped Out
Into the Woods
Exquisite Corpses
Game Night
Men II Boyz
First, Do No Farm
Roger Needs Dick
Dammmm, Stan!
The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler
Russian Doll
Shakedown Steve
Klaus and Rogu in "Thank God for Loose Rocks": An American Dad! Adventure
Little Bonnie Ramirez
Hot Scoomp
Family Time
Steve's Franken Out
Langley Dollar Listings
A Roger Story
American Dad Graffito
A Song of Knives and Fire
The Curious Case of the Old Hole
Smooshed: A Love Story
You Are Here
Hayley Was a Girl Scout?
Jambalaya
Echoes
The Grounch

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I just hit Season 4 and man, this show stayed in 4:3 so much longer than I remember. But they already ditched the newspaper headline intro, which I was assuming wouldn't happen until the move to HD.

S3 is when they finally went all-in on "Roger having hundreds of personas is a key part of his identity"; the "We have to hide Roger!/You're taking a risk by going outside, even in costume!" stuff lasted maybe 40 episodes.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
America stayed in the 4:3 format longer than many countries.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

YeahTubaMike posted:

The

"Is that why you were acting so weird?"
"Weird? How?"
"STABBING ME COMES TO MIND :mad:"

exchange is so loving funny

Plus there's the con-taz-ulations cake

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

WHOSE KID IS THIS?! WHO WOULD LET THEIR KID SEE THIS?!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Bald rear end alien piece of poo poo.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The best part of the bowling episode was the animations that played when someone got a strike.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
We’re sorry Boars Head, please come back

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

limp_cheese posted:

The best part of the bowling episode was the animations that played when someone got a strike.

This reminds me that I've still never watched the Moonbeam City episode about the bowling animation killer.

(If you missed Moonbeam City, it was a Comedy Central series about 80's future cops from...Jesus, nearly a decade ago. Shares AD's willingness to go very broad and goofy for the sake of a joke, and to spin out into intense, high-concept B-plots. Only ran one season due to the usual "Well, we put you after South Park and you're not immediately as successful as South Park, so you're done" Viacom poo poo. Give it a shot, it's on Paramount Plus.)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

JethroMcB posted:

This reminds me that I've still never watched the Moonbeam City episode about the bowling animation killer.

(If you missed Moonbeam City, it was a Comedy Central series about 80's future cops from...Jesus, nearly a decade ago. Shares AD's willingness to go very broad and goofy for the sake of a joke, and to spin out into intense, high-concept B-plots. Only ran one season due to the usual "Well, we put you after South Park and you're not immediately as successful as South Park, so you're done" Viacom poo poo. Give it a shot, it's on Paramount Plus.)

Ooof, losing Moonbeam city hurt. There were some bad episodes, but when it focused on character humor and surrealism instead of cheap gross out humor (and to be clear I'm not above gross out humor, it's just that the gross out humor on Moonbeam city was consistently unfunny) it could be really great, and it was such a unique looking show with a sick synth soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1phEs15sNNM&ab_channel=NightClub-Topic

Also, I think the show has been better since it moved to TBS because they finally figured out what to do with Klaus, Hayley, and Jeff. Klaus's "Upbeat self-sabotaging Florida dirtbag" personality is entirely an invention of the TBS era, and while "Lazy but weirdly motivated and driven when she has to be or wants to be" has always been Hayley's personality it's only recently (or I guess not so recently since the show has been on TBS for years at this point) that the writers have really played that up and let her be as bizarre and silly as the rest of the family instead of mostly just shoving her into the straightman role. Jeff is unchanged, but he now gets paired up with non-Hayley characters (in addition to getting some good episode and subplots with Hayley herself) which let's him play a part in an assortment of different storylines and gave us episodes like Wild Women Do and Exquisite Corpses.

Sidenote: Did anyone else notice that Exquisite Corpses actually has Jeff, Roger, and Francine make an Exquisite Corpse when they're coming up with their business idea? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exquisite_corpse
I somehow didn't make that connection until I rewatched the episode on Hulu (probably because I had just seen the episode title)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The_Doctor posted:

Guys, this is just the latest version of dongicus who basically bombed every TVIV thread with ‘show bad’ posts

I was right about most of them

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Dongicus posted:

I was right about most of them

Sounds like you waste a lot of time watching bad shows. If that is how you want to spent your life, it's a valid decision.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I read a lot of bad posts too, ur point?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zero One posted:

There were so many episodes I loved in the last few years but I wanted to limit myself to episodes considered excellent by most.

Others I've loved:

100 Years a Solid Fool -good
Tapped Out -lol writer fetish ep nty
Into the Woods -not seen
Exquisite Corpses - zzz
Game Night - labyrinth ep? Good
Men II Boyz - dont remember
First, Do No Farm - bad
Roger Needs Dick - all right
Dammmm, Stan! -bad
The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler -zzz
Russian Doll -zzz
Shakedown Steve - think i liked
Klaus and Rogu in "Thank God for Loose Rocks": -rogu and klaus ftw
An American Dad! Adventure

Little Bonnie Ramirez -good

Hot Scoomp
Family Time - ok
Steve's Franken Out - lewis rpisode? Was ok
Langley Dollar Listings -stinker
A Roger Story
American Dad Graffito
A Song of Knives and Fire -good
The Curious Case of the Old Hole
Smooshed: A Love Story
You Are Here
Hayley Was a Girl Scout? -stinker
Jambalaya
Echoes stinker
The Grounch -huge stinker

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

cant cook creole bream posted:

Sounds like you waste a lot of time watching bad shows. If that is how you want to spent your life, it's a valid decision.

In all fairness, hate-watching TV shows & movies can be fun. If you just hate a show because it's lovely and not funny-bad, I'm not sure why you'd bother continuing to pay attention to it, let alone posting in a thread about it, but that's just me. :shrug:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i hate the episode with francine in it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Them's stabbing words!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think the show is pretty good but I'm not that picky. I even enjoy new Family Guy occasionally. New (20 years ago to now lol) Simpsons though I just can't deal with.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plant MONSTER. posted:

You and I are gonna fight on a field.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Damning but you have an opportunity to redeem yourself: how do you feel about klaus

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Who's your least favorite character now, reddit

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Who's in here disrespecting Francine
Was it worth it?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Pleasanting At Smith House
Season 20, Episode 4 - April 17, 2023
Klaus and Jeff’s friendship is threatened by Klaus’s girlfriend from another realm.

Are we getting a callback to this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAFq7eQ0r3M

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://t.co/JOVi7i7KLs?twclid=2-3528q7o33cgpjtxqp5duauxit

Has everyone voted for the next Roger persona? I almost picked the goth girl, but in the end I had to go with the true crime podcaster because by GOD that would be a hilarious idea for an episode (10 bucks says all the murders she podcasts about are ones Roger committed, like those frat boys he killed after they refused to pay for a limo ride)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

https://t.co/JOVi7i7KLs?twclid=2-3528q7o33cgpjtxqp5duauxit

Has everyone voted for the next Roger persona? I almost picked the goth girl, but in the end I had to go with the true crime podcaster because by GOD that would be a hilarious idea for an episode (10 bucks says all the murders she podcasts about are ones Roger committed, like those frat boys he killed after they refused to pay for a limo ride)

Geo locked, can you post a screenshot?

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Mx. posted:

Geo locked, can you post a screenshot?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Thanks!

Oh no I love all of them

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I voted goth girl but podcast was number 2

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

The only problem with the podcast one is the name.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Klaus's streak of getting super hot girlfriends continues, glad they were able to stay friends after the break up and have a pleasant summer together with Jeff visiting baseball stadiums :3:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Given current events, I think the drag queen one deserves to win.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Yum!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Good episode, wonder if Tuttle actually banged the Wraith or just pulled a Klaus. Loved his little shrine, must have made it much easier for Roger to steal the comb.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

ah i remember having my jaws wired shut

god drat i want a sandwich

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I can't stop thinking about that perturbed coyote from the season opener

It just kept trying to sniff things!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

first good episode of the season lets go

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Amazon is later than usual on pushing the "release episode" button. Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
That would be pretty amazing if Steve was depressed because he misses Debbie, and Roger's solution is to make him hate goth chicks as much as possible.