Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

🎵 🎶 suckin' on a dog like you're suckin' on a titty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I am 100 percent entering that ad read contest.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
hell, maybe i will too

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

little munchkin posted:

little munchkin posted:

🎵 🎶 suckin' on a dog like you're suckin' on a titty

Really glad to finally get a video version of this

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
"and corn dogs are battered" killed me

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I am always so embarrassed for myself at how long it takes me to realize a let me be frank segment is about to happen.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
They said the rules for Ad Chad have been posted on social media at the end of the last episode but I haven't seen anything. I imagine people in the Doughscord must be screaming at them that they forgot, so I'm not gonna complain to them about it, but still. Perhaps Mitch'll get around to posting it right after he writes that Billboard Top 100 hit song.

welp: https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1650579199910895652

Binowru fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 24, 2023

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
looks like cum is officially on the whitelist (and for more reasons than one!)

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

The Aukerman ep is fantastic

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
"With everything that happened, it kind of balances out!" re: Harris' 3DS Killed me

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cum parsons

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Getting back into the Boys after a long break, this ep has an argument about a fight 30 mins in. Glad to see nothing has changed.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

indigi posted:

"With everything that happened, it kind of balances out!" re: Harris' 3DS Killed me

Agreed. The shows been good lately but this one was excellent.

eke out posted:

cum parsons
"Why am I watching this show?"

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I liked Aukerman doing impressions of all the Birthday Boys, and Bob trying to salvage Frog Pope.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
No Mike sightings.

https://youtu.be/jlXlhtC6kQ4

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Getting back into the Boys after a long break, this ep has an argument about a fight 30 mins in. Glad to see nothing has changed.

And the fight was over Affleck’s hog!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

where’s stu

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Written by Wiger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLwtBSxKWAM

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

an all time classic

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Today's Get Played is Doughboys + Apodaca talking about Zelda, so it's like it was made for me specifically. (Though I'm sad Heather wasn't in the convo today.)

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I get the impression Heather would be just fine with never being in the convo any further

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

The Illusive Man posted:

I get the impression Heather would be just fine with never being in the convo any further

she's a host of the show on her honeymoon

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
She hints a lot at finding the show exhausting or depressing (especially before the concept change). Just saying her participation often seems due to financial obligation more than actual interest

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah hosts of comedy podcasts never do anything like that. definitely not Wiger or Mitch

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
It is a bit funny that Wiger and Mitch’s relationship dynamic on Doughboys is reversed by Wiger and Heather’s relationship dynamic on Get Played

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The only hint I’ve heard of Heather being unhappy is when she gave in to the killjoys who hated the Resident Evil merchant bit.

Otherwise I love how passionate she gets about games in her wheelhouse, even if Fortnite isn’t really my thing.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I think goons read way too much into the jokes that podcasters make about this kind of stuff.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Do we need to explain the concept of the ‘performative self’ again?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
The Let Me Be Frank shaggy dog story in Two Hands got me an absolute beauty

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The Illusive Man posted:

She hints a lot at finding the show exhausting or depressing (especially before the concept change). Just saying her participation often seems due to financial obligation more than actual interest

Yeah, she does it so much it's almost like she's doing it for comedic effect or something

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping
https://www.reddit.com/r/doughboys/comments/136stki/burger_boy_leading_the_brigade/

alpha

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

hell yeah wiges

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
El Wigre

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Thank you for your service o7

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Wiger is... cool? wow

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Amid familiar calls for greater streaming royalties and an end to informal unpaid work, a lone voice rang out with one more specific demand: health insurance coverage for lower rib removal surgery.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

turn up

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cum Parsons

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I tried to stick around with Get Played after the format change but I just don’t give a poo poo about new games. I should probably go through and cherry pick some episodes now that theres a backlog though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

I love Get Played but its biggest weakness isn't the format change — it's that they rarely have guests anymore. Feels like bringing comedians and writers on to talk about games would be a slam dunk but we pretty much only get Heather, Nick, and Matt. (Obviously the last couple weeks were an exception.)

New Doughboys intro was great.