Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bilirubin posted:

Ftrom the reddits...
Lots of chatter about disclosure o'clock being "late summer to fall" but I can't find the screen captures I saw earlier now

Gary Nolan says "within 6 months, insiders will step forward, and that will change things"
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12l44zh/garry_nolan_within_6_months_insiders_will_step/

Gary Nolan says whistleblower testimony about "crash retrievals and contact"
https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12lvlgf/prof_garry_nolan_reveals_that_crash_retrieval/

Frankly, I'm here for it
it seems like from his talking on it recently he's in the "they're here but entirely inscrutable to the point where that revelation will not make a huge difference to most people" camp of understanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

wap observatory

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

old guy italian sitting on a chair in front of a deli in New Jersey is a wop observatory

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

euphronius posted:

ram dass talks a lot about this

Ram that rear end
Ram dat rear end
Ram Dass

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

euphronius posted:

ram dass talks a lot about this

it turns out psychedelics are a “bad” (not as good) since you come down all the time. you can trip all the time without drugs which is great

I thought you were talking about crazy cloud for a minute and I was very confused.

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

sharknado slashfic posted:

Are there any non-complete-woo books about crop circles? I'm still pretty sure at best 95% of them are man made but it's an interesting phenomena.

Don’t have a book title, but look up late 1970s Iowa Soybean field landings. it’s wild!

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
https://twitter.com/SETIInstitute/status/1646159494383034369

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Alien fossil rear end detected

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Alright fine. I will gently caress the rock.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got next

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If they ever find a fossilized spinal column on Mars I will flip out

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Are there any non-complete-woo books about crop circles? I'm still pretty sure at best 95% of them are man made but it's an interesting phenomena.

circular evidence by pat delgado & colin andrews

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

there's spikes on a bunch of them surrounding that one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's the snake child from Raised by Wolves

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

ah, well, nevertheless

https://twitter.com/shasta721/status/1646217753538473984

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

filing the mars spines next to the moon cube in the lore database

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

SniperWoreConverse posted:

If they ever find a fossilized spinal column on Mars I will flip out

I won't. I'll remain calm and collected.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i will physically backflip and then keep doing it until i reach orbit

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

pancake rabbit posted:

what up bird thread i just got a 1/6 on today's wordle, who needs something remote viewed because i am apparently dialed the gently caress in tonight

If you're still vibin give out those lottery numbers

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Toupee Groupie posted:

Don’t have a book title, but look up late 1970s Iowa Soybean field landings. it’s wild!

WEH posted:

circular evidence by pat delgado & colin andrews

Danke

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1647007748410822658
who cares show us the octagon

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

feels like we're on the verge of some fun poo poo

but I suppose it always feels like something's about to happen

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/12mc6s4/a_ufo_woo_primer_for_skeptics_believers_and/

A UFO Woo Primer for skeptics, believers, and everyone in between

(Submission Statemenr: I believe this is relevant to this subreddit because of statements such as the one from Garry Nolan recently stating “the woo is just around the corner”.)

When people talk about Woo I frequently see people asking what “woo” means. Even the people who’ve been around for a while talk generically about woo without a lot of detail, whether they’re open to it or not.

Let me start by establishing some of my Woo credentials:

I’m a moderator on the Experiencers subreddit, and was an active member of The Experiencers Group since its inception.

I have a large pile of personal circumstantial evidence supportive of alien abduction (in many ways I feel like a poster boy for it because I have experience with so many of the common things people talk about, including psi, health effects, etc). This includes confirmation from a former top CIA remote viewer, hypnotic regressions with Stuart Davis, copious correlations, and stacks of medical records.

I’ve personally experimented with, experienced, and documented a lot of paranormal phenomenon, including remote viewing, mediumship, and EVP.

This post isn’t here to persuade anybody that woo is real, or demonstrate the evidence for the woo. It’s not hard to find if you actively look for it. This post is simply to give an understanding of what it means within Ufology when most people talk about woo.

I tried to break it down to 10 core components which I believe have general agreement among Woo believers:

Psi is real. All of it. Telepathy, remote viewing, psychokinesis (rare for it to be more than a weak effect, but measured), you name it. Tested, replicated, and peer reviewed, but in the end it’s poorly understood. Parapsychologists have determined that whatever it is it doesn’t behave like normal energy: It doesn’t fall off with distance, the signal can’t be blocked by any normal means (such as a Faraday cage), and it isn’t limited by time.

A broad spectrum of the phenomena occupies a realm outside of our physical time and space. Some people call it another dimension, some people call it a shadow biome, etc.

We are not just talking about aliens from another planet. That may be a small part of it, but it is not reflective of the phenomena as a whole. There are myriad types of non-human intelligence, and the so-called aliens (Grays, Mantids, etc) are just a few of them. It also includes things like shadow beings, cryptids, and even spirits.

Speaking of which, a significant part of the woo involves consciousness not being tied to the physical body. This includes concepts like life after death, astral projection, and reincarnation.

Materialism, the current scientific paradigm, is not correct. Our reality may be something more like Conscious Realism, as proposed by Dr. Donald Hoffman. In effect, it’s ontological Idealism. Whether that is also true for these other realms is not clear.

It is possible for many people to communicate with non-human intelligence via consciousness through methods like channeling.

The contact and abduction phenomenon are real, but heavily relies on this interaction of consciousness. Therefore, the things that happen during these events are often experienced more like dreams than like physical events—however the evidence indicates that there is a physical component.

Some people are more easily able to interact with the phenomena. It is also noted that people who do so tend to also be more skilled with psi ability. The connection here is somewhat of a chicken/egg situation, and it is not clear what the dynamic is. There appears to be a genetic component.

Some beings in the phenomena exhibit an apparent ability to manifest physical objects in our realm purely via consciousness.

It is very likely that groups within the government know far more about all of these topics then they are letting on. They have been actively discrediting all of it due to the potential harm to societal power structures.

Those are the broad strokes. Within the various Experiencer communities, I believe most of what I mentioned above is uncontroversial and widely accepted. The primary sticking point is probably the mix between physical abduction and psychological abduction due to the physical effects that some abductees report, especially women who claim to have suffered reproductive harm due to these interactions (obviously you can’t suffer physical harm from an abduction of your consciousness—or can you?).

I claim that I have had first-hand experience with many of the things I listed above, to the point where I have very strong confidence in its existence. I am much less confident about the nature of it, however—for example, it could all be explained as if we are living in some type of simulation.

When you add all of these things together, what you end up with is a situation where for people who are having contact with the phenomenon the rules for what can happen go out the window. Materialism is irrelevant, and the subconscious takes the driver’s seat. That doesn’t make it all imagination, however. It’s…complicated.

I didn’t develop any of these core theories. I listened to the scientists, experts, and testimonials; then compared it with my own personal experience, and this is where I landed. We know there are people like /u/garryjpnolan_prime on this subreddit, and maybe they’ll respond and tell me I’m way off base.

Again, I’m not here to persuade anyone of the Woo. I just thought it would be helpful to try and offer a concise explanation for what the woo entails. Other Experiencers likely have plenty more to offer on this topic, and I hope they do so in the comments if this posts gets any traction.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not here to persuade anyone of the woo

Mods

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Let's talk about woo baby
let's talk July Aitee

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm not here to persuade anyone of the woo

Mods

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
So off topic it's more apparent in the longer cut of the song but the vnv nation track that was posted before riffs from "adagio for strings" in both minor key and in other interesting choices to obscure the riffing. I know because I couldn't stop listening to it over and over. Song slaps.

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

papersack posted:

If you're still vibin give out those lottery numbers

6 19 24 50 55 14 big money no whammies

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

rammed rear end

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

must be some kind of ritual object

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
if we all concentrate really hard can we will a better world into reality or does everybody have to still go to work

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tighclops posted:

if we all concentrate really hard can we will a better world into reality or does everybody have to still go to work

it’s the second one :(

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Better than the face imo. What is that stuff sticking out

e multiple of the surrounding rocks have stuff sticking out

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/232135?utm_content=buffer45ab0&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

In the follow up tweet he says he's seen that kind of growth before in dry lake beds, and that "bacteria was involved." Heck, what if UAP really are all birds and balloons and this is the actual alien revelation we get

Inspector Hound has issued a correction as of 03:56 on Apr 15, 2023

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I will settle for bacteria on Mars as a big reveal. That's enough to set loose an infinite imagination

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I will settle for bacteria on Mars as a big reveal. That's enough to set loose an infinite imagination

This happened in the Clinton era and nobody cared

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

aiteeing in the clinton years

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

This happened in the Clinton era and nobody cared

it keeps happening :tinfoil:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/looking-for-life-on-mars-viking-experiment-team-member-reflects-on-divisive-findings/

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
wapo article on the balloon documents from the discord leak of classified documents
https://twitter.com/benpauker/status/1647009793146494976?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol back when I took a biology course my professor mentioned this experiment in the very first lecture. he thought it was dumb as hell that they never reran the experiment and just moved on after handwaving the results away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010