Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
On one hand it’s very funny that Bungie’s security against leaks was just hoping influencers would be on their best behavior and fulfill their pinky promises. On the other I don’t think leaking marketing materials is that big of a crime and I’d rather Bungie do stuff like this online than waste the jet fuel + Covid risks of piling everybody into the office so they could see the exact same materials in a different location.

Maybe everyone should just have a big settle-down.

e: if this is our best defense against Bungie’s stupid new marketing strategy of “we’re not telling anybody anything about the upcoming season until the day it releases because all you suckers bought the annual pass anyways” I say let it ride, leakers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lol yeah I think they do it digitally because they don't want their employees to get covid from the unwashed masses.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Pirate Jet posted:

On one hand it’s very funny that Bungie’s security against leaks was just hoping influencers would be on their best behavior and fulfill their pinky promises. On the other I don’t think leaking marketing materials is that big of a crime and I’d rather Bungie do stuff like this online than waste the jet fuel + Covid risks of piling everybody into the office so they could see the exact same materials in a different location.

Maybe everyone should just have a big settle-down.

e: if this is our best defense against Bungie’s stupid new marketing strategy of “we’re not telling anybody anything about the upcoming season until the day it releases because all you suckers bought the annual pass anyways” I say let it ride, leakers

it's Very Bad because it can gently caress with the "engagement" ecosystem, which is a critical part of the FOMO imperative. the drip feed of content first to a privileged few and then to the masses at a pace that a publisher wants fucks up how the publisher wants the community to engage with the product.

why follow bungie on twitter when one can learn something 2 weeks before an official announcement from a leak?

then if people aren't clicking through your twitter feed because they're not following the official product account you lose that valuable UTM data that you can then resell to analytics companies, other production studios, or leverage to exploit your userbase more efficiently!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
It's very bad because Bungie may get negative feedback for some of their bullshit decisions early, which means they won't be able to ignore the community. Shameful really.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Necrobama posted:

it's Very Bad because it can gently caress with the "engagement" ecosystem, which is a critical part of the FOMO imperative. the drip feed of content first to a privileged few and then to the masses at a pace that a publisher wants fucks up how the publisher wants the community to engage with the product.

why follow bungie on twitter when one can learn something 2 weeks before an official announcement from a leak?

then if people aren't clicking through your twitter feed because they're not following the official product account you lose that valuable UTM data that you can then resell to analytics companies, other production studios, or leverage to exploit your userbase more efficiently!

I get you’re thinking like a business here but I feel like even that line of logic doesn’t make sense when the people following leaker accounts are the ones who have all already bought into your product completely anyways.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
What are the leaks about? Story/activities for next season?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ohhyeah posted:

What are the leaks about? Story/activities for next season?

Something like that. Activities and gear

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I don't even understand how "leaks happen because FOMO". That doesn't make any sense. People have FOMO because bungie doesn't announce things earlier and therefore leaks good because people know earlier?

What difference does it make if you hear a leak about a thing happening in two months or the day before? Especially when you can't exactly prepare for it?

And while I understand the fear of FOMO (I know what I said) out of a lot of live service games Destiny 2 is one of the ones with the least content subject to it. That they have officially said "yeah, we aren't vaulting expansions any more" and "we're making a playlist for those cool seasonal missions and we're bringing them back" helps. Seasonal exotics are in the kiosk. Old seasonal armour is loving everywhere. Seasonal guns are basically in the world pool right now.

Old battlegrounds are getting rolled into VOps, and besides story missions you don't actually really lose anything when the four seasons go away. Maybe it used to be different, but right now the only meaningful thing you can miss out on are the ornaments in the season pass. That's it.

I'm fine if people want to complain about micro transactions or game mechanics they hate or whatever, but it's hard to think of seasonal content as FOMO fuel anymore because it's all still around, and honestly seems like it will be the trend.

Except Leviathan patrol zone. Miss you bae. Yeah, I'm the weirdo who liked containment.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Leaks happen because internet clout and updoots.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

syntaxfunction posted:

Yeah, I'm the weirdo who liked containment.

There are dozens of us... dozens!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Sweatcicle doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he’s one of those classic YouTubesmen who looks like a high school sophomore and makes this face in thumbnails 😑 for videos titled “Wow… They’ve done it again…” whenever a bug means you have to finish an event in two days instead of two hours

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Raids are fun and good.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

i would have assumed bungie facilitated leaks on purpose in order to drive engagement. this is embarassing.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

anotha week bois and ANOTHA breach!!

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Having a horrible time trying to get weapon patterns on Neomuna. The double whammy of zoning into Terminal Overload multiple times to get a Heroic Patrol to show up, then hoping that I actually get a redframe weapon when I finish it

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

in honor of doing last wish legit to drag someone through it for the first time, please enjoy these dreaming city callouts that i made several years ago while seriously hosed up

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Gonna have to do it again because I want to also finally do it legit.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i have respected riven's mechanics exactly two times. i will never do it again if i can help it.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

syntaxfunction posted:

Except Leviathan Dreadnought patrol zone. Miss you bae.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
bring back venus. more ishtar environments NOW

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Bring back pathways into darkness.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
lmao with the guardinan rank change f2p can not longer get the extra 4 loadout slots i can't believe how much they hate me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Sweatcicle doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he’s one of those classic YouTubesmen who looks like a high school sophomore and makes this face in thumbnails 😑 for videos titled “Wow… They’ve done it again…” whenever a bug means you have to finish an event in two days instead of two hours

Yeah he's 100% one of those guys who thinks because he's good at the game and good at entertaining people, he knows how the game works, so he'll say poo poo like "why doesn't Bungie just add a fully fleshed out forge world to Destiny" or "the Telesto event is the worst thing Bungie has ever done to its fans because it's not a Whisper/Zero Hour-style event" and completely mean it.

And it doesn't help that he looks, sounds and acts like a literal child.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess this is the leaker?

https://twitter.com/Ekuegan/status/1647254421514928129

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

life_source posted:

lmao with the guardinan rank change f2p can not longer get the extra 4 loadout slots i can't believe how much they hate me

As someone who has not yet used any loadout slots, is this problematic since DIM, from my understanding, does the same thing but better?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

As someone who has not yet used any loadout slots, is this problematic since DIM, from my understanding, does the same thing but better?

That’s more a problem with the whole loadout system

The 4 slots specifically is a problem because it wasn’t true until the last patch

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1647283010868314115?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

tl;dr: they matched icons on his desktop (frequently seen in stream) with the ones in the picture. That seems really easy to fake though??

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 15, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol at his response of “no one tries to lift you up for all the great things you do”. He truly is a martyr for people aspiring to do over 6,000 GM Nightfalls.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
good to see the excellent programmers at Bungie still havent fixed the launcher/stream/elevator thing in this weeks mission from dumping you into the void randomly

e: aaaand the servers died right as I was about to finish the mission and get my seasonal challenge done, christ all loving mighty I hate this game sometimes

e2: it wasn't the servers lol this loving sack of poo poo game booted me for some battleeye bullshit (I dont cheat or use any mods or anything) and now the login servers are throttled so I guess I probably won't get back in until the mission is done so then I'll have to do that whole long buggy mission again

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Apr 15, 2023

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Yeah I’m getting kicked too. I have the house to myself tonight, bungie let me play!!!!

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

fast cars loose anus posted:

good to see the excellent programmers at Bungie still havent fixed the launcher/stream/elevator thing in this weeks mission from dumping you into the void randomly

e: aaaand the servers died right as I was about to finish the mission and get my seasonal challenge done, christ all loving mighty I hate this game sometimes

e2: it wasn't the servers lol this loving sack of poo poo game booted me for some battleeye bullshit (I dont cheat or use any mods or anything) and now the login servers are throttled so I guess I probably won't get back in until the mission is done so then I'll have to do that whole long buggy mission again
turn down your fps to 30 or 60 and the gravlifts will not deposit you into the void

also yeah, it seems like Destiny 2's having some connection issues atm - I had battleye take a dump as well

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It was having some pretty bad connection issues last night, likely this is a continuation of it. Possible DDOS but.... Why?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love this game

https://twitter.com/destinybulletn/status/1647364431289139200

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It was having some pretty bad connection issues last night, likely this is a continuation of it. Possible DDOS but.... Why?

oh hm I havent played since like Wednesday so I didnt know this

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

MJeff posted:

Yeah he's 100% one of those guys who thinks because he's good at the game and good at entertaining people, he knows how the game works, so he'll say poo poo like "why doesn't Bungie just add a fully fleshed out forge world to Destiny" or "the Telesto event is the worst thing Bungie has ever done to its fans because it's not a Whisper/Zero Hour-style event" and completely mean it.

And it doesn't help that he looks, sounds and acts like a literal child.

lmfao he’s so loving Reddit

https://twitter.com/sweatcicle/status/1647366849653342208?s=46&t=Lil8vLMPVkfPh80ODFeUGg

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
Dammit Bungie, it's leg day!

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Me when I know nothing about networking or IT infrastructure:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The servers are never down unexpectedly whenever I go to play (which is definitely not daily) so by anecdotal data extension and law of the internet you're all lying and trying to gaslight me into believing this 100% reliable and functional game has sudden unexpected issues with logins and general stability.

Devious and scroundrelous of you all.

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

syntaxfunction posted:

The servers are never down unexpectedly whenever I go to play (which is definitely not daily) so by anecdotal data extension and law of the internet you're all lying and trying to gaslight me into believing this 100% reliable and functional game has sudden unexpected issues with logins and general stability.

Devious and scroundrelous of you all.

That's not what gaslighting is, why would you think that's gaslighting? That's crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone