Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://i.imgur.com/9rOelfK.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i have encountered this. it is a violation of the holy condiment convenant.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/Gothamist/status/1646575533046595590

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

quote:

“Fake Sandwich News,” said Sasha Zabar when asked what made the ham and cheese worth $29. He described it as Eli Zabar’s “signature sandwich since Eli first opened in 1973.”

Zabar said it was actually two sandwiches packed into one wrapper. A single ham and cheese sandwich, cut in half, goes for $16. A double sandwich, meanwhile, costs $29, and is crafted with the intention of sharing, or, as Zabar put it, “having one now and then the second sandwich later.”

“Every morning we bake our seven-grain health loaf in a special size, which EAT [owned by Eli Zabar Inc.] then slices the long way, schmears with French mustard, and covers with thinly sliced roasted glazed ham and imported Swiss cheese,” Zabar said. “For $16 you get one sandwich cut on a bias and wrapped. For $29 you get two excellent sandwiches not cut but wrapped.”

Surprise entry for most cursed food in the thread

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

I like that this article just comments on a reddit post and doesn't actually get the sandwich and like take it apart.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Both of these look good. Carrot cake owns, and this is very similar. Only crime is ice cream on ths brownie instead of whipped cream.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Yeah, these are unorthodox, but not uneatable.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

"Who shat on me meat pie floater?"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYOkb7GG8gc

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I suppose this could be considered lasagna.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Zabar said it was actually two sandwiches packed into one wrapper. A single ham and cheese sandwich, cut in half, goes for $16. A double sandwich, meanwhile, costs $29, and is crafted with the intention of sharing, or, as Zabar put it, “having one now and then the second sandwich later.”

“Every morning we bake our seven-grain health loaf in a special size, which EAT [owned by Eli Zabar Inc.] then slices the long way, schmears with French mustard, and covers with thinly sliced roasted glazed ham and imported Swiss cheese,” Zabar said. “For $16 you get one sandwich cut on a bias and wrapped. For $29 you get two excellent sandwiches not cut but wrapped.”
Oh yeah, this average gas station ham & cheese sandwich is definitely worth $16 :cmon:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hirayuki posted:

The bean brownies work fine. I made them years ago and the beans just kinda disappear. A rich/sweet brownie mix would mask them.

what's the purpose of the beans?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kyte posted:

I think they germinate new bean plants

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Kyte posted:

Everyone can probably use a little more fibre, I stand with the bean brownies

dweltstorm
Apr 11, 2023

Zero_Grade posted:

I suppose this could be considered lasagna.
Pasta is made of flour, so it's just a sugar-free/egg-free/butter-free cake with tomato flavored frosting

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Kyte posted:

It was James Joyce's favorite recipe.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Kyte posted:

I dare you to make brownies without beans.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Kyte posted:

Fiber, protein; it can replace the butter/oil, I think. Like subbing in applesauce. It's definitely healthier if made from scratch instead of a mix, but it tastes a little healthier, too.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Y'all can't convince me to put beans in my brownies.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

"you got beans in your brownies" sounds like an old timey insult

But black bean brownies are legitimately delicious

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Oh god this makes me cry laughing every time.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Surprise entry for most cursed food in the thread

my favorite part of this is that the guy opens by saying it's "fake sandwich news" then doesn't disprove the fact that you're paying 29 dollars for it

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

LvK posted:

my favorite part of this is that the guy opens by saying it's "fake sandwich news" then doesn't disprove the fact that you're paying 29 dollars for it

the biased liberal media claims they are paying 29 dollahs for a sandwich, this is false, it's nevah been more false, it's fake sandwich news, they're paying 29 dollahs for 2 sandwiches, it's a bigly savings

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I've had sandwiches well worth $16.

That doesn't look like one of them.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh god this makes me cry laughing every time.

Full on belly laugh every single time

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kyte posted:

The beans are for thinkin' bout.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/hz3p9mfzewta1/DASH_720.mp4
ngl it looks interesting, pointless, but I'd try some grey steamed pizza

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

violated frankfurters smothered in the looming shadow of their own guilt

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hirayuki posted:

Fiber, protein; it can replace the butter/oil, I think. Like subbing in applesauce. It's definitely healthier if made from scratch instead of a mix, but it tastes a little healthier, too.

Huh, interesting. So the bean flavor doesn't really carry over?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Most legumes are of very mild taste, and of course cocoa can cover much more obvious tastes.
Ask your local pot dealer.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Rich chocolatey baked stuff can hide a lot of flavor, and beans don't seem like they have all that much on their own anyway. Maybe if you were using pork & beans or something, but I'll bet a solid brownie recipe could even hide that.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Hon, why is there a search for "blondie chick pea" in your browser history?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

you say you do not want beans in your brownie and yet you put cocoa in it, curious

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

First of May posted:

Hon, why is there a search for "blondie chick pea" in your browser history?
Typo

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

https://v.redd.it/hz3p9mfzewta1/DASH_720.mp4
ngl it looks interesting, pointless, but I'd try some grey steamed pizza

There may be no pizza rules but I'm still gonna look at the person who cuts a pizza with food shears like some sorta weirdo. If you're gonna use some bespoke kitchen tool, that's literally why a pizza cutter exists.

The pizza looks fine, though, the weird greyish brown color just seems like some sort of whole-wheat situation in the dough?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

KataraniSword posted:

There may be no pizza rules but I'm still gonna look at the person who cuts a pizza with food shears like some sorta weirdo. If you're gonna use some bespoke kitchen tool, that's literally why a pizza cutter exists.

How the hell would you make the same cut that he did with those scissors with a pizza cutter? Also I own a pizza cutter so yes I get they're useful but it's still a tool that does only one thing. Shears/scissors are way more versatile. The first time I saw either my mum or sister using scissors to cut a pizza I was like wtf but then started doing it myself because it's much easier and makes less mess than with a knife.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

We keep a whole rack of scissors in the kitchen cause they're useful for tons of culinary things. Sometimes I cut pizza with shears but usually just a large knife.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I believe the pizza fascists have come to prefer scissors so I crush them with the hammer of freedom as a reminder that there are no pizza rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

All pizza rules opposers will be tried, and hopefully executed, by the International Pizza Rules Tribunal in Napoli.