Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

(Cast from when she broke her foot)

I'm torn bc dog with broken foot is sad, but also this is very cute.

harperdc posted:

Two weeks until I see my dad and sibling for the first time in three and a half years :unsmith:

Holy poo poo. Congrats, I guess? Idk what the right sentiment is, but that definitely sounds like something to celebrate and look forward to.

Ehud posted:

What's everyone doing this weekend?

We have a small birthday party planned for my 2 year old. And then I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on.

I can't do most of the productive stuff I put on my list now that the weather is getting warmer (80F yesterday, chance of snow overnight tonight, but trending in the right direction), and it's my wife's work weekend, so she's sleeping during the day. Pretty sure that means my responsibilities are basically just plan food for the next seven days then get high, play video games, and pet kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

We have a small birthday party planned for my 2 year old. And then I have a ton of yardwork to catch up on.

We're going to Cape Cod for a long weekend with no specific plans for what to do when we get there. Probably visit with my wife's folks a bit and maybe go to the beach but it's gonna be way too cold to swim.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I want to cure my own bacon.

It's delicious. My favorite cookbook has two different rubs for the week cure before smoking, and we've always got homemade bacon in the chest freezer. It's real nice to be able to cut thick strips off to do real lardons since any store-bought bacon thick enough to do so is probably some expensive artisanal stuff if you can find it at all.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'll add to my weekend plans - I got a GrillBlazer Su-VGun I'm looking forward to trying out on some sous vide, thick cut pork chops today. I'm super curious to see how this thing turns out. Hoping I can save charcoal and propane from not having to fire up the grill to sear each time.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ehud posted:

Same haha, my birthdays tomorrow and I’m planning on doing yardwork after I smoke my brain out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hope it gets better blindsite :-)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

Getting dragged to my gf's cousin's wedding

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

First track meet of the season, then the tulip festival, and the weather is gorgeous for it! Then a baby shower and baby goat therapy session tomorrow, tragically no time for chores or work this weekend.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

My fam all had a cold last weekend so back to back days of make up Easter activities with fam from each side.

Made some French toast this morning for everyone and my 3.5 year old helped. It owned. Love to include her in safe culinary activities

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

I can assure you at this stage in your life the actual classwork, studying, tests etc will be a breeze. We're just so much smarter and able to focus now than we were at 18.

I also thought about this later and I think what makes it even easier is just general competency, confidence and time management skills. It’s shocking how much easier it is to balance study time—even though I have significantly less free time.

There are fewer nebulous distractions and having a family is a big motivation to push harder too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There is a Shazam for bird calls: https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/merlin-bird-id-by-cornell-lab/id773457673

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I finally was able to get my grill piped in yesterday so I grilled sausage for breakfast on it. So grilling is basically what I'm doing this weekend. Got 5lbs of wings to grill tonight.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

BlindSite posted:

Thats the vinegar, garlic and Chili sauce yeah?

Yup.

Sukang when spoken sounds awfully similar to "suka", which translates to "vomit." :barf:

Ehud posted:

I left my CPAP hose back at home so I woke up early to drive back to PDX from Newport. Considering how poorly I slept last night, it's kind of worth the 5-hour round trip.
On the way back I'll likely stop by a seafood market to pick up fresh catch of the day. :backtowork::yeeclaw:

Dango Bango posted:

I'll add to my weekend plans - I got a GrillBlazer Su-VGun I'm looking forward to trying out on some sous vide, thick cut pork chops today. I'm super curious to see how this thing turns out. Hoping I can save charcoal and propane from not having to fire up the grill to sear each time.

I love my Su-VGun. :flame:

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
definitely can't wait for AB to give some beers to some gun toting chud as a way of apologizing for hurting the rights fee fees

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Gonna sleep in, exercise, read, play pinball with friends, have just a bunch of sex, maybe do the tulip festival, eat artichoke.

It’s nice having loved ones and it’s nice not having kids :)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

Lmao this is right on the money. I assume she's all healed now?

Oh yeah that was a couple years ago so she’s all good.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JPrime posted:

definitely can't wait for AB to give some beers to some gun toting chud as a way of apologizing for hurting the rights fee fees

They already have given the entire Busch Light branding over

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh yeah that was a couple years ago so she’s all good.

Good to hear. Give her a solid neck scratch for me :)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

JPrime posted:

Recreate that Kylie Jenner Pepsi commercial but a Proud Boy giving a Budweiser to BLM protesters in Portland.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

I love my Su-VGun. :flame:

lol this made me remember when Elon Musk tried to sell flame throwers, still not sure if that was real or a bit

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ehud posted:

Birthday party for my niece today and then out son has a long course swim meet Sunday morning and soccer game that afternoon.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

JPrime posted:

I mean with as many brands as InBev owns, I'm sure some will be targeted towards younger, liberal drinkers and get a lot of ad space at pride events and the like and other brands will advertise towards conservatives and be featured more hunting and churchy oriented events.

They don't actually give a poo poo other than trying to get people to drink their booze

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Grittybeard posted:

Different time but George Wallace ran his terminally ill wife as a surrogate candidate so he could go all in on ignoring the supreme court and keeping Alabama segregated. (and may or may not have known himself that she was terminally ill but did not tell her she was, because 60's doctors are fun)

To clear this up- the doctor who diagnosed her with cancer (which ended up killing her) did not tell her, but told her husband, who also did not tell her. Wallace was term-limited not by total terms, but by consecutive terms, so he ran Lurleen Wallace in an openly cynical way to dodge them.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I have an awful cough but I gotta run some errands, an impossible dilemma.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
After cleaning up the yard and setting the burn pile alight, it took me about ten minutes to remember that basically the entire state is under a "please don't burn things right now!" advisory. Whoops!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ehud posted:

Birthday pool party for the 6 year old. We just discovered you can hire a lifeguard by the hour so we did that and it should make the whole afternoon less stressful.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Qwijib0 posted:

Birthday pool party for the 6 year old. We just discovered you can hire a lifeguard by the hour so we did that and it should make the whole afternoon less stressful.

I've never heard of that but somehow that does not surprise me, especially in AZ.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mowing the lawn before the next rain session for the week hits.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I got 3 bags of yard waste out on the curb for the first pickup of the year and I feel pretty drat good about it.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coco13 posted:

I got 3 bags of yard waste out on the curb for the first pickup of the year and I feel pretty drat good about it.

Jealous. I'm still wait for the last of the snow to melt and then the yard to dry up so I can mow the dead off. Chance of snow and rain next week though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

it's trivia, you guys, that's what I am doing this weekend and it's what you should be doing too

goddam trivia :getin: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4022501

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Did some grocery shopping earlier, read a bunch of manga, setup an air fryer, relaxing while watching some terrible USFL football right now.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Went to the garden center to get some supplies, had a salmon sandwich, and now I’m going to start some pork shoulder in the sous vide for carnitas tomorrow.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Got the little grocery items and cat food I needes and now it's time to dither on dinner.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Braks and I saw the Mario movie. Wahooooo!

It’s actually pretty decent, and has a ton of Easter eggs for those who’ve been playing Mario since they were ……dammit I’m not counting that, it’ll make me sad.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Now watch the Bob Hoskins Mario movie.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Threw together some Sweet Beef Broccoli

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Been ages since I’ve cared about AV stuff but went a little ham and got a new TV + surround sound system for the living room. Been such a homebody lately it’ll actually get used a ton

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just realized I'm 3 weeks away from going to DC for a week, so I guess I'm looking for a cheap laptop tomorrow to fiddle around with.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Now watch the Bob Hoskins Mario movie.

Nah, saw that one many many many moons ago.

I’m good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Bought an electric smoker, spent a lot of time outside drinking beer and reading American Pastoral