Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Replaying the Champion's Ballad, and it reminded me that they hint/show that Link had all sorts of OoT Young Link-style adventures when he was a kid, since everyone (or at least Daruk and Mipha) knows him already. I'd love a side game of that. Or just an OoT romhack, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Antonymous posted:

I just looked and yeah, the top half of the same character. The tears probably make a yin/yang type shape with two halves.

Which would suggest that there’s not seven of them as depicted in the mural art, there are eight of them as implied by the circle of hero statues in the desert where one has been removed.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Remember when someone in this thread joked about triangulating Zelda's location based off of the 5 seconds we see of her in the Trailer asking Link to find her
WELL,

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So was Calamity Ganon just the excess evil leaking out of the real Ganon from wherever he was sealed away at? Because that's probably a real bad sign for the heroes if the thing that destroyed their kingdom and killed so many people wasn't even the real thing.

The Divine Beasts are totally getting wrecked at the start of the game, right?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Remember when someone in this thread joked about triangulating Zelda's location based off of the 5 seconds we see of her in the Trailer asking Link to find her
WELL,

lol. Really think its where and not when huh. :smuggo:

Hint, her location there is on the ground with no sky islands where as that location seen with link is in the sky islands and looks older. Theres tons and tons of weird newer looking hyrule locations that look newer than their botw cointer paets too. She ended up in the zonai era i bet and maybe you play as her setting up past stuff for future link to access and talk via the master sword or the recall tear?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 15, 2023

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Divine Beasts are completely absent, with no explanation whatsoever

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Vikar Jerome posted:

Oh no I really wouldn't be surprised if Zelda got yeeted back and/or forward in time it's just funny how quickly people can figure this poo poo out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Oh no I really wouldn't be surprised if Zelda got yeeted back and/or forward in time it's just funny how quickly people can figure this poo poo out.

Yeah, one i saw tho suggest it was a new landmass to the south but i guess not lol

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Divine Beasts are completely absent, with no explanation whatsoever

Explained or not, sheikah tech like the shrines and towers being absent makes it likely they're gone as well.

Plus there's the secret ending from BotW where Zelda says Vah Ruta has mysteriously stopped working.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I beat the BotW recently and the champion’s ballad dlc, got all the shrines, finished every main side quest and DLC armor chest. Through all this, I got 1/3 of the Koroks. This is despite always being on the lookout, revisiting landmarks on my map where I don’t see a seed icon, and kowing just about every gimmick, excepting until recently jumping fences on horseback.

I’ve never photographed, caught, or even seen a beetle either.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

She's royalty, maybe never learned the rules of search n rescue and just wandered off after sending her prayer or whatever.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Khanstant posted:

She's royalty, maybe never learned the rules of search n rescue and just wandered off after sending her prayer or whatever.

"Find me, Link"
*Immediately travels back in time*

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cojawfee posted:

"Find me, Link"

[park ranger, pausing video] Now folks, this is another mistake she made. You should never time travel if you wander off the trail.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I'm going to kill myself laughing if it turns out that circle chunk that landed on Kakariko is a chunk of a Beast.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rhonne posted:

So was Calamity Ganon just the excess evil leaking out of the real Ganon from wherever he was sealed away at? Because that's probably a real bad sign for the heroes if the thing that destroyed their kingdom and killed so many people wasn't even the real thing.

The Divine Beasts are totally getting wrecked at the start of the game, right?

I think it's more like Ganondorf abandoned his body in order to become the calamity, and his corpse that's been sitting underneath Hyrule Castle since then is now being revived

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Vikar Jerome posted:

Hint, her location there is on the ground

She's not on the ground though? You can go to that location in Breath of the Wild and check. Unless they leveled the mountains to the south that obstruct your view of the ocean, she's higher up on that spot than a Rivali's gale will take you.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Calamity Ganon was just a distraction for history's greatest Gatorade heist

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Considering Link can beat Calamity Ganon right after leaving the Plateau, not even bother with the divine beasts, it's clear their defense plan has some really misplaced priorities and Divine Beasts are nothing but a liability. They should either make more Links or find a way to turn him into four different colour Links because it's really the only weapon they have at all.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yeah, one i saw tho suggest it was a new landmass to the south but i guess not lol
The surest way to get a more thorough investigation is to put out a hasty but audacious claim.
Puts her around the gameplay area seen most in the prior videos.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Khanstant posted:

Considering Link can beat Calamity Ganon right after leaving the Plateau, not even bother with the divine beasts, it's clear their defense plan has some really misplaced priorities and Divine Beasts are nothing but a liability. They should either make more Links or find a way to turn him into four different colour Links because it's really the only weapon they have at all.

I do appreciate the degree to which the people of Hyrule understand Ganon Protocol by the time of BotW. Link was already known to be the Link well before Ganon'e return, presumably by some Lama-esque infant ritual. They know to keep the chosen one around, and actively go looking for him.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Khanstant posted:

Not really related, but last week I was trying to find a tree that was a couple of blocks away from where I was staying and even knowing the area and having a good sense of direction I was surprised I'd forgotten how much landmarks can move and shift. From my house it was clearly visible and stood out from everything, but once the angles started changing it was easy to lose. Found it eventually though.

Never try to just reckon your way through navigation if the failure state is worse than just wandering around a block for half an hour.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DalaranJ posted:

She's not on the ground though? You can go to that location in Breath of the Wild and check. Unless they leveled the mountains to the south that obstruct your view of the ocean, she's higher up on that spot than a Rivali's gale will take you.

the mountaintops are higher than Zelda in that shot which means it's not on a sky island, even the lowest sky islands we've seen are above BoTW's height limit.

she's standing on one of the ruins that got pulled out of the ground by the sky islands, except back when they weren't ruins.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Got a couple more new screenshots because of a photo of the Japanese download card packaging.
Front and back.

The most intriguing being the lower right one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I don’t care where Zelda is, where can I find the guy in my av

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

he hangs out in the bucket district

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
In you are heart's

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Augus posted:

she's standing on one of the ruins that got pulled out of the ground by the sky islands, except back when they weren't ruins.

Yeah, I was thinking it was possible it was about tower height.

Ready for some (more) terrible speculation? What if the things on the sides of those platforms (the one in the diving shot there and others shown on the platform Zelda is on) are clamps for the eagle glider to take off/land?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Cojawfee posted:

"Find me, Link"

Hmmm...

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010

The Maroon Hawk posted:

i want to see ganondorf explicitly blow up link's motorcycle

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Augus posted:

I think it's more like Ganondorf abandoned his body in order to become the calamity, and his corpse that's been sitting underneath Hyrule Castle since then is now being revived

So Calamity Ganon is a Heartless

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

DalaranJ posted:

Shes not as high as that platform is when link is falling pass it, is what i mean. It implies its closer to the ground/on it than its letting on

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Oh, it turns out this picture is wrong. Zelda was standing on the ground, but not inside that circle. She's standing very near the goddess statue in the temple of time.
Event though I still don't believe the time travel theory, having her at the location that Skyward sword Zelda traveled through time makes it a lot more likely.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Zelda theories
Broke: Tears of the Kingdom takes place both at the end of the timeline and at the beginning as evidenced by the ouroboros like symbol representing TOTK.
Woke: Ganondorf is sick of playing along with Demise and after engineering a plan to break free of his power, betrays him and becomes a good guys as evidenced by the fabric mural from BOTW.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Augus posted:

Ever since that first trailer with Bacon Ganon, I've been curious as to what it was we fought at the end of BotW. I assumed the Spider Ganon with the creepy skull was the remains of his body, but I guess not. No idea if we'll get an explanation or just have to fill in the gaps.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Hogama posted:

Got a couple more new screenshots because of a photo of the Japanese download card packaging.
Front and back.

The most intriguing being the lower right one.

Starting to wonder if these are actually flashbacks to zonai times. Like you have his hand in link and i bet that get you another set of go to this location for some fmv. Thats gotta be zonai zelda too from the mural with the redhead "link" (could be dorfy, not that firey red version frok the trailer tho, thats clearly like a phase 2 embrace demise type poo poo)

Actually, zelda zonai is in the art book but i cant remember if they drop her name or not

Gonna be really funny if it turns out zonai poo poo is pre-skyward sword and thats hylia

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 15, 2023

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
god all this SS talk has given me a hope we'll see Ghirahim again. I loved that weird little gremlin, and I was sad that his role (especially toward the end) was smaller than it should have been

maybe the Zonai invented Ghirahim

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

we want Zant! we want Zant!

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

goethe.cx posted:

we want Zant! we want Zant!

there's a zant-like link costume in the art book

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I do appreciate the degree to which the people of Hyrule understand Ganon Protocol by the time of BotW. Link was already known to be the Link well before Ganon'e return, presumably by some Lama-esque infant ritual. They know to keep the chosen one around, and actively go looking for him.

All hylian teenagers must travel to the lost woods and see if they can pick up the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Think we still have champion powers or are they properly dead now

Ravioli's Gale looking insignificant these days